Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

Sef went inside with Valzwyn and the man accompanying her. 

"How do you know that the world is going to end?" he asks the man. "If you need something from the library I'll gladly help. I remember the exact location of every book."

I'd have written something about what Gal is doing, but I don't think he's doing much. Perhaps he would later go to talk to Ara about her magic system, or talk to Sef. Right now he's just sorting out notes.

8 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"It's just up all these stairs." Val points up a massive spiral staircase.

2 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Sef went inside with Valzwyn and the man accompanying her. 

"How do you know that the world is going to end?" he asks the man. "If you need something from the library I'll gladly help. I remember the exact location of every book."

Xeus looks at the stairs, unfazed by the sheer amount, and takes the lead up them.

"The world isn't going to end," said Xeus, "But it's ending. Right now only the dragons know it, but if nothing happens soon the entire world will know."

2 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Xeus looks at the stairs, unfazed by the sheer amount, and takes the lead up them.

"The world isn't going to end," said Xeus, "But it's ending. Right now only the dragons know it, but if nothing happens soon the entire world will know."

Sef shot a sharp look at the man. "You are good at avoiding questions, aren't you?" he asked. "It doesn't matter to the question whether the world is ending or going to end. I asked how did you know that. Semantics are important, but are not an answer."

Just now, Trutharchivist said:

Sef shot a sharp look at the man. "You are good at avoiding questions, aren't you?" he asked. "It doesn't matter to the question whether the world is ending or going to end. I asked how did you know that. Semantics are important, but are not an answer."

"In the face of the end of the world, who are you to question your savior?"

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Dunno. Maybe it'll be friendly!"

"Maybe," he said, "I would like to read this prophecy. Prophecies can be vague to the point of uselessness, but it might be valuable."

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

"Maybe," he said, "I would like to read this prophecy. Prophecies can be vague to the point of uselessness, but it might be valuable."

"I think we have a book full of prophecies somewhere. Right, Sef?"

2 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"I am but a man, who thinks believing anyone who claims that the world is ending and that he is our savior is foolish. Anyone can claim so. Do you have proof to the fact that the world ends? If not, why should I believe you? Knowledge is free anyway, so I won't stop you from using the library."

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We do have one or two of these in the library." replied Sef. "Master Feldspar collected many things, and that includes prophecy books."

7 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"I am but a man, who thinks believing anyone who claims that the world is ending and that he is our savior is foolish. Anyone can claim so. Do you have proof to the fact that the world ends? If not, why should I believe you? Knowledge is free anyway, so I won't stop you from using the library."

"Any dragon can tell you," said Xeus, "and I've seen it in one myself. Mark my words, over the next few weeks people with strong Connections between realms will start to notice... effects. And it will only go further from there."

17 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

10 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"We do have one or two of these in the library." replied Sef. "Master Feldspar collected many things, and that includes prophecy books."

"Perhaps I can find some kind of helpful information, though I doubt it."

1 minute ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Any dragon can tell you," said Xeus, "and I've seen it in one myself. Mark my words, over the next few weeks people with strong Connections between realms will start to notice... effects. And it will only go further from there."

"Perhaps I can find some kind of helpful information, though I doubt it."

"Well, I do not know dragons, but I know my share of realmatics. I believe I'd notice weird things in that respect."

Sef shakes his head when he hears the man's low opinion on prophecies. "Prophecies hold much information about the future, and it only takes some thought and consideration to understand it. They might be cryptic, but that exactly gives them more meaning, packing many ideas into small amount of words."

1 minute ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Well, I do not know dragons, but I know my share of realmatics. I believe I'd notice weird things in that respect."

"The effects on the realms itself is too minute for anyone other than a fully duorealmatic entity to notice, but like I said, not in the coming weeks."

2 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Sef shakes his head when he hears the man's low opinion on prophecies. "Prophecies hold much information about the future, and it only takes some thought and consideration to understand it. They might be cryptic, but that exactly gives them more meaning, packing many ideas into small amount of words."

"We shall see."

"Where is this book of prophecies, Wanderer?" Xeus asked Sef.

I'm not sure he should be able to recognize Sef as a Wanderer, since Owlsons are generally a little secretive, and it's not too easy to deduce from knowledge about other Wanderer tribe that he's a Wanderer. 

"In the portion of realmatics related books, inside the Spiritual Realm sub-portion, under the letter P." replied Sef, keeping climbing the stairs. "When we reach the library I'll be able to give you better directions."

He noted the fact the man referred to him as a Wanderer, though appearing to ignore it.

On 1/27/2021 at 5:28 PM, Trutharchivist said:

"In the portion of realmatics related books, inside the Spiritual Realm sub-portion, under the letter P." replied Sef, keeping climbing the stairs. "When we reach the library I'll be able to give you better directions."

He noted the fact the man referred to him as a Wanderer, though appearing to ignore it.

"Perfect," said Xeus, "And are there histories?"

15 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Orpheus was still shaken from the whole ordeal. "Uh, yeah. Who are you again?"

Cara rolled her and sighed. "I'm Cara, floater of towns and greatest entertainer of all times. What was your name again? I forgot." Cara had tried remembering everyone's names, but there were just so many people.

Just now, Isabelle6060 said:

Cara rolled her and sighed. "I'm Cara, floater of towns and greatest entertainer of all times. What was your name again? I forgot." Cara had tried remembering everyone's names, but there were just so many people.

"I am Orpheus," said Orpheus, "What kind of entertaining do you? Anything magic?"

3 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"I am Orpheus," said Orpheus, "What kind of entertaining do you? Anything magic?"

"Yeah, watch this." Cara proceeded to pull a red thick scarf and a small palm-sized box out of her bag, which was attached to Felicity. Then, she put the box on the ground and placed the scarf on top of it, "I will make this box disappear. One, two, three, wiggly sticks!" Cara then grabbed the scarf along with the box, looked at the empty space, and exclaimed, "Tada!"

Just now, Isabelle6060 said:

"Yeah, watch this." Cara proceeded to pull a red thick scarf and a small palm-sized box out of her bag, which was attached to Felicity. Then, she put the box on the ground and placed the scarf on top of it, "I will make this box disappear. One, two, three, wiggly sticks!" Cara then grabbed the scarf along with the box, looked at the empty space, and exclaimed, "Tada!"

I ᴅᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɴᴏ ᴜsᴇ ᴏғ Iʀᴇ, ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛɪɴɢ...

Zanidar, she just grabbed the box.

Oʜ. Sᴏʀʀʏ, I ᴡᴀsɴ'ᴛ ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ᴘᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ.

"That's... interesting," said Orpheus, "I haven't seen that before."

I ᴅᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɴᴏ ᴜsᴇ ᴏғ Iʀᴇ, ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛɪɴɢ...

Zanidar, she just grabbed the box.

Oʜ. Sᴏʀʀʏ, I ᴡᴀsɴ'ᴛ ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ᴘᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ.

"That's... interesting," said Orpheus, "I haven't seen that before."

"Yeah, it's a new trick. Made it up myself!"