Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

57 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Seeing through the lie, Cara hopped off her horse and hugged Ara. "Hey, everything is going to be ok."

Ara returns the hug instinctively. “I just... I don’t want you to worry about me. I cab’t do that to you. Really. I’ll be okay.” Ara couldn’t talk about how she really felt. Cara was seemed so happy, and Ara couldn’t take that away from her. Who would she be if she would do something like that?

Memory seemed to sense something was wrong. “Ara. Why do you feel this way? I can’t understand.” 

1 hour ago, JesterLavorre said:

Ara returns the hug instinctively. “I just... I don’t want you to worry about me. I cab’t do that to you. Really. I’ll be okay.” Ara couldn’t talk about how she really felt. Cara was seemed so happy, and Ara couldn’t take that away from her. Who would she be if she would do something like that?

Memory seemed to sense something was wrong. “Ara. Why do you feel this way? I can’t understand.” 

"You're my friend, now. It's my job to worry about you and to make sure you're happy. We're in this together. If you want to talk, I'm here for you. If you don't, that's fine, too." 

So, I probably should've done it earlier but... I give up on my 343rd post idea. I guess for the next time I'll have to work before I get too close to the barrier. Oh well. I had a small idea for something here.

Fadran, since Valzwyn clearly didn't recognize the name Owlson, I think it'll be more logical to assume she knew the librarian only by his title as the librarian, or as Mr. O, or something like that.

39 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Now get out of my home, and don't. Come. Back."

Valzwyn had paused her assaults on the men, letting them comprehend how they had been completely and utterly defeated.

Gal went down the hill after Valzwyn, and seeing that everyone are about to start fighting he stopped. He won't be of any use in such situations. He blinked when Minuet made her declaration, pulling his notebook out of his bag and scribbled something there. When he saw Valzwyn using her fumes to attack he began flipping the pages in the notebook and writing something there. 

He considered and, seeing that Minuet seemed to do well, he tried a small Planting on Valzwyn - better thinking would probably help her. He then considered trying to run to the tower, but decided against it, since there were many people between where he was and it. He was surprised to see a girl on a horse - not the annoying girl, he noted, as this one was near the Ideal-shadow girl - running for it. 

He proceeded to look around at the merchandise, relived to see no books among it. He then sat quietly, Trying to focus on is notebook while Planting.

The annoying girl is, of course, Cara. I didn't understand what was Nyx's idea in riding to the tower, Aragorn - it was surrounded by people, as I understand. 

The Planting will make it easier for Valzwyn to consider her situation and decide what to do. I thought of trying to get the librarian to enter here, but decided against it - he's probably in the library, which of course is inside the tower. I'll try to think of another way to introduce him. Coming to think of it, maybe I'll do it right here. One more note - his owllike parts won't be the same as Gal's - he won't wear a hat, but he'll walk weirdly, and won't remove his shoes.

Gal's powers aren't great in fighting, so showing off his skills won't work that way. Actually, Valzwyn might not take the Planting - she'll feel it as some outside power trying to enter her mind, especially since she's not in the mood to consider things, and so the whole idea won't work all too well. Hope it wasn't too late.

I'm really disappointed with myself over the 343rd post thing, but on the bright side, now that I gave up on it I have more time for my story, and I can start replying to things I should have long ago (which is to say, last week)! So, since this is my 343rd post, I invite all who read it to guess what's this number's importance. Not that it's hard to guess. 

Sef Owlson, the librarian of Feldspar's Tower, looked up from his book and out of the window. He thought he heard shouts from outside. He saw someone Fumeweaving, and, Cultivating a bit to make his sight better, he recognized young Ms. Valzwyn out there. He immediately rose up from his chair, took Feldspar's will from the table he left it on, and run out of the library and the tower, walking in a weird, birdlike-hopping way.

3 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Gal went down the hill after Valzwyn, and seeing that everyone are about to start fighting he stopped. He won't be of any use in such situations. He blinked when Minuet made her declaration, pulling his notebook out of his bag and scribbled something there. When he saw Valzwyn using her fumes to attack he began flipping the pages in the notebook and writing something there. 

He considered and, seeing that Minuet seemed to do well, he tried a small Planting on Valzwyn - better thinking would probably help her. He then considered trying to run to the tower, but decided against it, since there were many people between where he was and it. He was surprised to see a girl on a horse - not the annoying girl, he noted, as this one was near the Ideal-shadow girl - running for it. 

He proceeded to look around at the merchandise, relived to see no books among it. He then sat quietly, Trying to focus on is notebook while Planting.

Val took a few deep breaths, and found herself calming down.

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Now get out of my home, and don't. Come. Back."

Valzwyn had paused her assaults on the men, letting them comprehend how they had been completely and utterly defeated.

Minuet stopped as well, following Valzwyn's lead. Hopefully they'd take the chance.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Most of the men started running off; they'd signed up for a low-stakes job. Some of the others, though, pulled themselves back onto their feet and raised their weapons.

Sef suddenly jumped out of the tower's door, hopping toward Valzwyn's group, saying: "Mis Valzwyn! Thank goodness that you came. I sent for the Elven Law Enforcement but they didn't come yet, and neither have the other inheritors, and without them these people refuse to acknowledge the will. I persume you got my letter?"

She probably haven't, since he sent it to her parents' home, probably after she left.

Gal tried to arrange his notebooks back when he saw the hopping man arrive. He concluded it probably was his cousin that worked in Feldspar's library, based on his weird way of walking. He made a note to try and talk to him later, then returned to his notebooks.

This "cousin" is more like a Herdazian cousin, which means he's not necessarily Gal's first cousin, but probably something more complicated.

5 hours ago, Condensation said:

"You sure?" she asked, giving them one last chance to run away.

5 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Sef suddenly jumped out of the tower's door, hopping toward Valzwyn's group, saying: "Mis Valzwyn! Thank goodness that you came. I sent for the Elven Law Enforcement but they didn't come yet, and neither have the other inheritors, and without them these people refuse to acknowledge the will. I persume you got my let

"Sef?" Valzwyn asked. "You're still here?"

The men turned around, confused by the newcomer.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Sef?" Valzwyn asked. "You're still here?"

The men turned around, confused by the newcomer.

Sef blinked. "Of course I'm still here." he said. "My job is to keep the books in the library, and though Feldspar is dead the books still need to be kept. And so, I'm still here. I believe at least some of them go to you, though many stay here, under my watch."

3 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Who's this, Val?"

Sef turned to the lady. "I'm Sef, Feldsper's Tower's librarian, at your service."

4 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Your librarian? So he's safe."

"Yep."

3 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Sef blinked. "Of course I'm still here." he said. "My job is to keep the books in the library, and though Feldspar is dead the books still need to be kept. And so, I'm still here. I believe at least some of them go to you, though many stay here, under my watch."

Sef turned to the lady. "I'm Sef, Feldsper's Tower's librarian, at your service."

"How have things been?"

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"How have things been?"

"On the bright side, these people don't seem to interested in books. On the other hand, they claim that Feldspar's property was abandoned at his death, and so they try to sell it."

He shook his head. "I tried to stop them. It could be worse, though. You can track things that are bought, but if looters would've came in an unorganized way most of the things would've been lost forever. At least this ones sell everything around here."

We could bring in the law, but that might ruin the whole "pulling up a Bilbo" idea, so we'll have to see. I think it's best you decide what's in the will, Fadran, though I can try writing it myself.

BTW, I just wonder, can you two (Connie and Fadran) list the RPs only one of you is in? Just wondering.

Just now, Trutharchivist said:

"On the bright side, these people don't seem to interested in books. On the other hand, they claim that Feldspar's property was abandoned at his death, and so they try to sell it."

He shook his head. "I tried to stop them. It could be worse, though. You can track things that are bought, but if looters would've came in an unorganized way most of the things would've been lost forever. At least this ones sell everything around here."

"It's okay, Sef. Don't feel bad."

The men eventually decided that the kids were a lost cause, grabbing what they could and running off.

"Would... you happen to have his will?"

Wʜʏ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇsɪᴛᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴜsᴇ ᴍʏ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀs, Dᴀʀᴋᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Nɪɢʜᴛ?

Orpheus shivered as he stood. He hadn't moved from when he had threatened the looters.

I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴇʟᴘᴇᴅ.

"No," Orpheus whispered, "No, because the more I draw on your power, the closer I draw to you."

29 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Val took it, shivering slightly at its touch. "I... think we should grab the others first."

27 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"I believe they're just at the top of the hill."

Sef started to reply, but when he heard the lady replying, he stopped, tilting his head. "Did you mean your friends, or the others mentioned in the will? If the latter, you are probably right, though I've already sent for them."