Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

27 minutes ago, JesterLavorre said:

“Insignials, and, yeah. That’s the primary way I’m able to use Notion I harvest. Maybe we should talk with Gal.” Ara nods toward him. “You two seem to know a lot about magic. Maybe you can help me figure exactly what it is I do.”

Ara definitely doesn't know Gal's first name - he never mentioned it - and she probably don't even know his last name - I'm not sure he told her. Also, I'm not sure she should know about his knowledge of magic, though she might've overheard him when he questioned someone. He didn't question her for very long.

4 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Gal looks up, very annoyed.

"my name is Owlson, and I am a magic researcher. I just learned about circuiting realmatically keyed energy through the use of human cognition and metal plates. This is not unheard of, though it's not exactly known to act like this. So, I'm passing back through my old notes. Is that enough for you?"

"Alright, yes, that is good enough, thank you." Cara sighed, looking for other people to talk to.

10 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Xeus gave a friendly smile at Avren, who seemed to be a little frightened. "Are you okay?"

“I’m—” Avren stopped himself, noticing his curt tone. With an even voice, he continued. “I’m fine, thank you.” 

Should he go seek out the transparent man? No, that was foolish. Actually, where was he? Avren scanned the trees, but couldn’t see him anymore. 

He probably went off to tell someone.

It was only a matter of time now.

Also how did Xeus know Ara and Avren’s names without any introduction?

6 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

“I’m—” Avren stopped himself, noticing his curt tone. With an even voice, he continued. “I’m fine, thank you.” 

Should he go seek out the transparent man? No, that was foolish. Actually, where was he? Avren scanned the trees, but couldn’t see him anymore. 

He probably went off to tell someone.

It was only a matter of time now.

Forgive me, I am not the best with the whole who-knows-who continuity thing, and I had gotten used to referring to just having Orpheus know everyone.

"You any good in a fight, son?"

Maybe he wants to do it in secret. He’ll say it was an accident. Or maybe he’s waiting for everyone to be together... 

10 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"You any good in a fight, son?"

He snapped back into the conversation. Son? Surely this man wasn’t much older than he was. 

“Not really,” Avocado said, the admission reminding him how easy it would be for the others to... 

“Who are you?” he asked, to steer his mind away from those thoughts. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

15 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Once upon a time the Shadow, the elf, and I were standing right next to each and the Shadow spat out a prophecy about finding a dragon. I'm pretty sure that it is legit. And so we're here, on some quest, not quite sure what we're going to do when we get there."

–♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦––♦–

Xeus examines the other members of the group, and lingers a little looking at Ara and Avren. If only I had magic, he thought to himself. Somehow, however, I trust these people.

@JesterLavorre @The Awakened Salad

"I... wow..."  Nyxim said, still a tad confused, but decided it was best not to try this man's patience.  "Okay then," She turned to Abalard, ready to mount, but he danced to the side. Infuriating horse, she thought, glaring at him when yet again he resisted being mounted.  They had a stare-off for a few seconds before Abalard stepped forward and nudged her towards the strange man again.  Nyx sighed, connecting the pieces together.  She turned towards the strange, maybe even a tad bit not-right-in-the-head man.

"My name's Nyxim, I go by Nyx."  She said proffering her hand whilst giving Abalard a look as if to say, There, happy now?

11 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Ara definitely doesn't know Gal's first name - he never mentioned it - and she probably don't even know his last name - I'm not sure he told her. Also, I'm not sure she should know about his knowledge of magic, though she might've overheard him when he questioned someone. He didn't question her for very long.

Whoops! I kinda just assumed we all knew each-other’s names by now. Sorry! Also, even if Ara didn’t overhear Gal conversations with the others, she could probably tell he was a scholarly type just by the way he talks.

For now, we need Tesh's and Knight's replies, in addition to possibly S4S. Knight - Ara just said something to Xeus, he probably should reply. Tesh - it wasn't clear, but I think Nyx just went to talk with Talnic. S4S - I'm not really sure what Ren does right now, it can be nothing important, like Gal right now, or Chrys. Or Cara, though I think she might want to do something. Orpheus is pretty much standing there right now - maybe he'll talk to Xeus a little? 

Yours, TA, the self-proclaimed unofficial continuity editor, or in short (acronyms!) SPUCE (it almost looks like a word.)

@Knight of Iron @Isabelle6060@King Aragorn of Gondor @Tesh

Can't tag anymore for some reason, I'll try later. BTW, Gal might figure out something and try to go talk to Ara. One other thing: Fadran, if you want to rejoin there shouldn't be a problem, nothing too important happened. You can maybe start talking to Minuet - she, as well as the aforementioned characters, does practically nothing right now.

@Channelknight Fadran

Edited by Trutharchivist

9 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Are we anywhere in particular right now? I can drop a setting on us if we aren't.

I'm not sure. We started walking, yet Cosmical Existence stated we're not far from the clearing where we camped for the night. So I think the area should be a little wooded (is that a word?), but except for that I think we're nowhere in particular.

Edit: I completely forgot Traige. Sorry, Mat! I really don't know what he does right now. And I didn't mention Avren. For now, we're a little split: Avren and Ara speak with Xeus, Talnic is nearby, as are Orpheus, Nyx, Ren, and probably Minuet. Gal stands near Cara's horse, and Chrys, Val and Traige are... about. I'll tag Mat outside - I think he's the only one that hasn't commented since we started walking.

@Matrim's Dice

Edited by Trutharchivist

13 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

I'm not sure. We started walking, yet Cosmical Existence stated we're not far from the clearing where we camped for the night. So I think the area should be a little wooded (is that a word?), but except for that I think we're nowhere in particular.

Edit: I completely forgot Traige. Sorry, Mat! I really don't know what he does right now. And I didn't mention Avren. For now, we're a little split: Avren and Ara speak with Xeus, Talnic is nearby, as are Orpheus, Nyx, Ren, and probably Minuet. Gal stands near Cara's horse, and Chrys, Val and Traige are... about. I'll tag Mat outside - I think he's the only one that hasn't commented since we started walking.

Scud it. I'm dropping a setting.

Valzywn suddenly perked up. "I know where we are!" She began running up a hill.

33 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Yeah! Follow me!"

Gal looks up from his notebook, hesitates, looking to see if anyone else follows Valzwyn. He himself keeps standing there. When he sees only Orpheus seems to follow, he returns to his notebook, though he does look back up every half a minute or so.

BTW, Knight, shouldn't Xeus reply to Ara? Or, after checking, Av(ocado)ren?

Edited by Trutharchivist

I forgot about this... sorry. :ph34r:

This seems like a good place to have some fun with a villain...

Traige followed the party up the hill.

Caspar Elitrya was nothing. If you had asked him five years ago- then he would have told you otherwise. But betrayals happened. Leaving people scarred. People like Caspar. Resulting in his life of swindling commoners.

“Ten pieces!” He called. “Ten pieces to play!” His game was simple, and rigged. No one ever won, but they always tried. The people would figure out in time, so Caspar routinely had to travel to avoid being neutralized by the enforcement.

All the while saving every last drop of money. For one purpose. The man who had ruined him was on top of the world, and Caspar was going to change that. 

14 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Caspar Elitrya was nothing. If you had asked him five years ago- then he would have told you otherwise. But betrayals happened. Leaving people scarred. People like Caspar. Resulting in his life of swindling commoners.

“Ten pieces!” He called. “Ten pieces to play!” His game was simple, and rigged. No one ever won, but they always tried. The people would figure out in time, so Caspar routinely had to travel to avoid being neutralized by the enforcement.

All the while saving every last drop of money. For one purpose. The man who had ruined him was on top of the world, and Caspar was going to change that. 

I'm tempted to introduce a side character of mine here... Though I probably shouldn't, he's not very important.

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Valzwyn summitted the hill and gasped.

The wizard's tower... her and Feldspar's home for so many years... it was bustling with life.

9 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The wizard's tower... her and Feldspar's home for so many years... it was bustling with life.

I just wish there was a logical way Gal would be convinced to go over there. He would be fascinated with Feldspar's tower. But he's busy trying to understand the relations between his and Ara's magic system, and won't go there unless he's worried he'll be left behind.

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Valzywn suddenly perked up. "I know where we are!" She began running up a hill.

4 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Gal looks up from his notebook, hesitates, looking to see if anyone else follows Valzwyn. He himself keeps standing there. When he sees only Orpheus seems to follow, he returns to his notebook, though he does look back up every half a minute or so.

Cara watched the elf girl run up a hill. Itching for adventure, Cara quickly turned back to Gal, eyes shining with excitement, "Come on! Let's go see where she's going! It could be fun." She kicked Felicity into full gear, racing up the hill after the elf.

4 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Cara watched the elf girl run up a hill. Itching for adventure, Cara quickly turned back to Gal, eyes shining with excitement, "Come on! Let's go see where she's going! It could be fun." She kicked Felicity into full gear, racing up the hill after the elf.

Gal hesitated a little more, than goes after the girl with the horse unwillingly, mumbling something about Wolfson's and Rabbitsons.

This last one is for you, Isabelle. I actually added rabbits to my magic system - though it's not official in the RP yet - and their Center kind of can fit Cara.

Valzwyn sprinted up the hill, the sudden movement jerking Talnic back to attention. He took off after her, worried that she had spotted something that could be a potential risk. The snow made running difficult, but, staying in Valzwyn's tracks, Talnic was able to stay right on her heels.

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ahead of him, Valzwyn stopped at the top of the hill. Talnic pulled to a stop beside her, narrowly avoiding colliding with her, and tried his best to take in the tower and the people all around it. He felt exposed standing out on top of the hill in the open, but Valzwyn didn't seem in the least bit worried, and none of the people below seemed hostile...

I hope I'm reading the situation correctly here. Can I get a physical description of the tower? And how many people are there, do you think?

8 minutes ago, Tesh said:

Valzwyn sprinted up the hill, the sudden movement jerking Talnic back to attention. He took off after her, worried that she had spotted something that could be a potential risk. The snow made running difficult, but, staying in Valzwyn's tracks, Talnic was able to stay right on her heels.

Ahead of him, Valzwyn stopped at the top of the hill. Talnic pulled to a stop beside her, narrowly avoiding colliding with her, and tried his best to take in the tower and the people all around it. He felt exposed standing out on top of the hill in the open, but Valzwyn didn't seem in the least bit worried, and none of the people below seemed hostile...

"There... there are people here."

Her expression suddenly turned furious. "How dare they???"

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"There... there are people here."

Her expression suddenly turned furious. "How dare they???"

Talnic took a stet back from Valzwyn, ready to grab his knife or sword if needed. "Are these people a threat to us?" he asked slowly. "Can you explain what's going on here?"