Finally having read every (canon) cosmere story, I've finally joined the forums

AirsickHighlander

I've been lurking here for about a year now, but avoiding most threads because my cosmere knowledge was incomplete and I was concerned about spoilers. Thankfully, my Arcanum Unbounded read butted up right against Dawnshard and Rhythm of War, so now I'm as realmatically aware as I'm gonna get (although I am currently skimming WoKPrime, and then I want to check out the prose version of White Sand), so I'm here to join in the discussion!

Welcome to the Shard!!!(love your name btw)

whats your favorite Novel and character?

also, if your going through the Unpublished works. You should head over and request Aether of Night. It’s an unpublished “early cosmere”(my words) novel that brandon wrote in the early 2000’s

Brandon does plan, in the future, to include Aethers(the magic of the book) into the published Cosmere if he gets the chance(he had 3 books planned)

Edited by Eternal Khol

5 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

Welcome to the Shard!!!(love your name btw)

Thank you! I'm having so much fun going through everyone's theories, I'm glad i could get here right after a major release!

5 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

whats your favorite Novel and character?

If i had to make a call, I'd go with Oathbringer, but Bands of Mourning comes in at a VERY close second. As for favorite character though, it's Maya from Stormlight by a longshot. She may not do much, but she has yet to have a scene that didn't make me full on ugly cry.

8 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

also, if your going through the Unpublished works. You should head over and request Aether of Night. It’s an unpublished “early cosmere”(my words) novel that brandon wrote in the early 2000’s

That's so cool! I was unaware that there was a way to access unpublished works that didn't get wide release on Brandon's site, how would one request that?

18 minutes ago, AirsickHighlander said:

Thank you! I'm having so much fun going through everyone's theories, I'm glad i could get here right after a major release!

Right now was the perfect time to join! 
It was pretty quite around here until the release of Dawnshard and Rhythm of War, and it’s anything but, now.

21 minutes ago, AirsickHighlander said:

She may not do much, but she has yet to have a scene that didn't make me full on ugly cry.

Now aint that a Truth:D

22 minutes ago, AirsickHighlander said:

That's so cool! I was unaware that there was a way to access unpublished works that didn't get wide release on Brandon's site, how would one request that?

You can head over to this forum and request a copy :)

Welcome to the Shard! I would so agree with Eternal here love the name! Glad to have you with us in full Cosmererian form and ready to strike down the spoilers with your knowledge :D

Perfect timing getting Arcanum in right before Dawshard and RoW nicely done! And totally with RoW just out the Shard is bustling it is the perfect time to come join us especially if you've been lurking for a while! Ooh I like your OB favorite as well. Definitely an epic book for seeing the grand scope of things and all the magic that comes into play!

I would definitely do as Eternal put there and go get yourself Aether! If you had to swap one book in the SA series so far with a picture of Nyan Cat which would you choose? Look forward to seeing you around the Shard!

39 minutes ago, Scout_Fox said:

If you had to swap one book in the SA series so far with a picture of Nyan Cat which would you choose?

I'd have to swap out Edgedancer. Kind of cheating going off-main series, but I had a lot of trouble getting into it because I didn't realize I'd already read the first chapter and was getting serious deja-vu.

3 hours ago, AirsickHighlander said:

I've been lurking here for about a year now, but avoiding most threads because my cosmere knowledge was incomplete and I was concerned about spoilers. Thankfully, my Arcanum Unbounded read butted up right against Dawnshard and Rhythm of War, so now I'm as realmatically aware as I'm gonna get (although I am currently skimming WoKPrime, and then I want to check out the prose version of White Sand), so I'm here to join in the discussion!

Welcome to the Shard! Glad to have ya! Yeah, I’ve read all the Cosmere books except white sand. What is your favorite form of Investiture?

5 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

What is your favorite form of Investiture?

Honestly, I hope you get a chance to read White Sand at some point, because I think Sand Mastery might be my favorite investiture system. Specifically the way a less-powerful user can overcome a more powerful user through careful strategy and precise execution. It gives users another axis to improve along.

1 minute ago, AirsickHighlander said:

Honestly, I hope you get a chance to read White Sand at some point, because I think Sand Mastery might be my favorite investiture system. Specifically the way a less-powerful user can overcome a more powerful user through careful strategy and precise execution. It gives users another axis to improve along.

Ok, the I will probably try it. 

1 hour ago, AirsickHighlander said:

I'd have to swap out Edgedancer. Kind of cheating going off-main series, but I had a lot of trouble getting into it because I didn't realize I'd already read the first chapter and was getting serious deja-vu.

Man you got me there! :P Interesting thinking though, yeah honestly I kindof had the same issue with like "Wait, didn't I read this?" On like the second try though started to get into it more. Welcome again!

Edited by Scout_Fox