Did Thaidakar found the Ghostbloods or take over?

Necessary Eagle

Does it say anywhere? I've been wondering... and then this morning I came across this WoB:

ccstat

If Kelsier (when Vin knew him) were to join one of the Rosharan secret societies, which one would he choose?

Brandon Sanderson

He would become part of the Ghostbloods, most likely, and would be in charge of them within a year.

/r/books AMA 2015 (July 21, 2015)

If Kell took over rather than creating them from scratch... I feel that would explain a lot.

I thought about it -I am not convinced that Kelsier is Kelsier is indeed Thaidakar, but if he is, then it is likely that Ghostbloods are older and Thaidakar is a case of dread pirate Roberts. Basically, Thaidakar was someone far older, maybe with some link to Ambition or Autonomy (just a gut feeling), Kelsier joined the organization, indeed ended up running it within a year and offed old Thaidakar (note that Kelsier may have access to the Ire device). The Avatar thing is because he doesn't want to announce the switcheroo to entire organization. Hoid is aware of the change, but Kalak is not, and he only had dealings with the old Thaidakar. Old Thaidakar had some authority over a shardworld - maybe as an Avatar of Autonomy, thus Hoid commenton dealing with planet.

On 11/22/2020 at 10:44 AM, Alcatur said:

I thought about it -I am not convinced that Kelsier is Kelsier is indeed Thaidakar, but if he is, then it is likely that Ghostbloods are older and Thaidakar is a case of dread pirate Roberts. Basically, Thaidakar was someone far older, maybe with some link to Ambition or Autonomy (just a gut feeling), Kelsier joined the organization, indeed ended up running it within a year and offed old Thaidakar (note that Kelsier may have access to the Ire device). The Avatar thing is because he doesn't want to announce the switcheroo to entire organization. Hoid is aware of the change, but Kalak is not, and he only had dealings with the old Thaidakar. Old Thaidakar had some authority over a shardworld - maybe as an Avatar of Autonomy, thus Hoid commenton dealing with planet.

I have had the same question.

As for proof about  Kelsier being Thaidakar 

1) Thaidakar is from a different world

2) He is know as the Lord of Scars.

3) He is the master of lyatil, who is part of the Southern Scadrian's. This is the same community who was saved by Kelsier ( The sovereign) and worship / deeply admire him . 

4) We know Kelsier is a cognitive shadow and is building influence thought out the cosmere. In ROW  Mraize mentions that his mission to Shallan in shadesmar is related to the need to get answers about the persistence  of cognitive shadows in an effort to help Thaidakar, who is in the same situation as the Herolds.

5)  the clearest evidence that Thaidakar is infact Kelsier is that Hoid warns him to stay on his planet or Hoid will come and beat him up again .

This WoB is so straightforward it makes me chuckle. He basically told us years (?) ago!

It sounds reasonable that Kelsier took over the Ghostbloods from someone else. I don't think, however, that they are unaware of the change - the Lord of Scars seems to be very much his own title, not inherited from anyone.