The Fused's name for aluminum

Clarity-Art

10 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

What if Shai found some sort of Connection medallion or something along the lines of that, that Connected her to Roshar. Then once she’s Connected it’s not such a leap that she is an irali. She would of course have to repeat this daily but that’s woudnt pose a problem to someone of her skill set.

There’s still the problem of powering the soulstamp magic away from Sel. But maybe she could find a way to power it with Stormlight?

Just now, mdross81 said:

There’s still the problem of powering the soulstamp magic away from Sel. But maybe she could find a way to power it with Stormlight?

We know the IRE could figure out how to do it on Scadrial so I don’t see the problem.

I wonder if the Dor can be replaced on Stormlight... It should work if you can hack the stamp to not draw on the Dor but Stormlight. 
Right? 

13 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

We know the IRE could figure out how to do it on Scadrial so I don’t see the problem.

I wonder if the Dor can be replaced on Stormlight... It should work if you can hack the stamp to not draw on the Dor but Stormlight. 
Right? 

Yeah, I'm not trying to shoot down the idea. Just noting that it's something she would have to figure out. With the Ghostbloods storyline we're clearly moving toward a place where Stormlight is converted to power other magics, so I think it's only a matter of time before we see more applications of that.

The IRE basically had an extension cord running through the Cognitive Realm to maintain a connection to the Dor. From SH, Part 5, Chapter 2

The very walls of this fortress glowed faintly. Was that mist? It didn't seem to have the same hue to it; it was too blue. Keeping to the shadows of rock formations, Kelsier rounded the building toward a brighter light source at the back.

This turned out to be an enormous glowing cord as thick as a large tree trunk. It pulsed with a slow, rhythmic power, and the light it gave off was the same shade as the walls - only far more brilliant. It seemed to be some kind of energy conduit, and ran off into the far distance, visible in the dark for miles.

The cord passed into the fortress through a large gate in the back. As Kelsier crept closer, he found that little lines of energy were running across the stone of the wall. They branched smaller and smaller, like a glowing web of veins.

So it stands to reason they could run one to Roshar as well. But it'd sure be more convenient to use a locally-available Investiture.

23 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

A popular theory is that Zu is actually Shai 

Also a stamp has to be possible changing genders and place of origin and all that other stuff would be pretty impossible, a stamp has to be plausible 

All shai would have to do would be to get a spren bond and make herself speak Alethi

And for Zu to find a forger as good as Shai was to ReForge his soul would be both impossible and completely out of his character 

Welcome to the Shard!!! ( Sorry for disagree with your first theory)

No, no. Don't be sorry, we are here to learn, and being wrong is the best way to learn.

This bothers me SO MUCH! People in other forums are acting like Aluminum can be Soulcast and it can't because it's Ralkalest and it BOTHERS ME SO MUCH!

Ok. I can stop yelling now.

I think Aluminum's pretty much immune to and blocks all types of Investiture. It makes fabrials not work like normal, it can't be influenced by Allomancy and blocks Allomantic influence, it blocks fabrials and the sensing of them, it can't be Soulcast, and it blocks Surges. I wouldn't be surprised if it stopped the Dor too and if Aons drawn in Aluminum didn't do anything. And that's just off the top of my head.

Just now, Random Bystander said:

Well, they might mean that things can be soulcast into aluminum...

But why would that work? If Aluminum stops Investiture, then the stamp would come off as soon as the metal was aluminum.

Also, Shai refers to Ralkalest as "the unForgeable metal."

Just now, Gneorndin said:

But why would that work? If Aluminum stops Investiture, then the stamp would come off as soon as the metal was aluminum.

I'm glad you asked! According to the Coppermind, and I quote:

"It's also possible that the only way to obtain aluminium natively on Roshar is through soulcasting, as there are a few soulcasters capable of creating aluminum.[43][44][45]"

I've done a lot of research on aluminum...

4 minutes ago, Gneorndin said:

Because Soulcasting isn't soulstamping