New for RoW

Celairiel

Hi! I've been reading Cosmere books for a few years now - I started with Elantris immediately after end of Wheel of Time. That was my first introduction to Brandon Sanderson and as most readers know, after binging a series that massive (I read it for the first time the summer the last book was released), you can't just go back to "normal" size stories. A friend suggested I get into the Cosmere and start with Elantris. 

It's been years since I've been actively involved in a fan community, but this year with everything being weird anyways and waiting for the run up to RoW, I've lurked around the forum and the wiki a bit and figured now I can come and shout on the forums instead of just at my Kindle about all my feelings. :)

1 minute ago, Celairiel said:

Hi! I've been reading Cosmere books for a few years now - I started with Elantris immediately after end of Wheel of Time. That was my first introduction to Brandon Sanderson and as most readers know, after binging a series that massive (I read it for the first time the summer the last book was released), you can't just go back to "normal" size stories. A friend suggested I get into the Cosmere and start with Elantris. 

It's been years since I've been actively involved in a fan community, but this year with everything being weird anyways and waiting for the run up to RoW, I've lurked around the forum and the wiki a bit and figured now I can come and shout on the forums instead of just at my Kindle about all my feelings. :)

Welcome to the Shard! Glad you joined. Yeah, Sanderson has pretty big books. What is your favorite cosmere book? 

Do I have to choose a favorite? I'm a LotR fan, and people ask the same question and my response is always "it's a single story, I can't separate them." But I suppose that doesn't quite fly with Sanderson. ;)

If I really think about it, the real debate for me comes down between Warbreaker or Stormlight as a series - I couldn't possibly choose a favorite of the four even though I tried. I do know my favorite novella/short story is Emperor's Soul. I really love it and was so excited to hear there's going to be a sequel!

Welcome to the Shard Celairiel! It is the perfect time to come join us with RoW now out especially if you've been a fan for a couple years now! That must have been one pretty crazy summer to get in all of the WOT, nicely done! And yeah, if you're looking for massive epic series' the Cosmere is definitely the spot to be, give that friend a medal :P

So happy to be your first fan forum to be in for a while! This is the perfect spot to shout about Cosmere feelings and strangely I think we'll be a tad more receptive than just the Kindle :DDid you like starting with Elantris or do you wish you had started elsewhere? Look forward to seeing you around!

(Glad to have you back as well @Honorless, was wondering if you had succumbed to the unicorn-monkeys :P)

Edited by Scout_Fox