Is syl going to have a physical body?

bmcclure7

Something someone I know was theorizing is that Kaladin is going to die in book five, but instead of Syl finding a new radiant or...whatever happened last time, She somehow gains a physical body and moves fully into the physical realm and...becomes her own person, or something. 

Edited by Illwei

I mean, a huge portion of RoW was spent with Syl seemingly developing the desire to become more human, and gaining more human-like traits as well. Not to mention she got her own chapter portrait, I don't think they'd do that unless she was going to get a bunch more PoVs in the future.

I've always kinda shipped Syl and Kaladin on the down low, so I'd be cool with it. I wonder how it would affect their bond though, maybe Kaladin eventually gets Jez's honorblade.

At the end of the book, Syl is able to smell Kaladin. That stood out to me. As if she was manifesting a physical form through some sort of progression.

I just think that smell is something that's really of the physical realm, so its something that Syl will start to sense more strongly as she manifests in the physical realm. Also, turning pages of the medical book, that seemed like something a bit extra to what Syl was previously able to do. I think there's a subtle progression of Syl being more able to physically influence the world on her own accord i.e. lifting things as a spren rather than as a shard implement.

38 minutes ago, Nef said:

At the end of the book, Syl is able to smell Kaladin. That stood out to me. As if she was manifesting a physical form through some sort of progression.

I just think that smell is something that's really of the physical realm, so its something that Syl will start to sense more strongly as she manifests in the physical realm. Also, turning pages of the medical book, that seemed like something a bit extra to what Syl was previously able to do. I think there's a subtle progression of Syl being more able to physically influence the world on her own accord i.e. lifting things as a spren rather than as a shard implement.

Spren have always had some capability in manipulating objects in the physical realm. Syl was able to carry blackbane leaves really early on, and Patter could pick locks.

2 hours ago, LuckyJim said:

Spren have always had some capability in manipulating objects in the physical realm. Syl was able to carry blackbane leaves really early on, and Patter could pick locks.

Agreed. My point was that turning the pages might be more physical effort than carrying the blackbane and she might not have been previously been able to turn the pages. That said, I think the point of the scene was definitely more to point out how she can now read, further demonstrating her "humanlike" development.