The Azathoth Continuum

Goob

This is what I've been looking for, @AmazingGoob

While I won't be able to immediately participate (I'm almost done with finals and school), I have been trying to build a character and I'd like to have him well built before I push him into your universe. I want to go all in with this! Below is only the start of what I've got. Please feel free to give suggestions/feedback. I'm still working on a solid backstory.

Spoiler

Alias: Spark

Species: Sentient AI/Human Hybrid (Or Sentient Construct AI merged with a Human)

Biological/Cybernetic implants: 

• Nanites (Standard)

• Neural Processing Unit (NPU) (Sometimes called a Neural Processor) 

Spoiler

With a central nervous system that is directly enhanced with an NPU, reflexes are faster by <XX%>. Speed of cognitive functions is also increased by <XX%>. This generates a curious phenomenon where the subject perceives time at a faster rate.

• Sentient Construct AI; interacts and interfaces via the NPU.

Spoiler

In essence, this creates a sort of “dual-consciousness”. The sentient AI can interact with the Human consciousness directly through thought. The AI is literally stored in the cybernetic material throughout the subject. It is part of the subject.

• Triton Integrated Tri-Optic Cybernetic Enhancement (replaces right eye with 3 cameras)

Spoiler
  • Top Camera: Standard Optic (Equivalent to average human eye)
Spoiler
  • 130mp resolution

• 500 FPS

• Dynamic Range: 21 stops

• 3-stage Native ISO

• Low light: 16,000 ISO

• Daylight: 1-1,000 ISO

• Night Vision: 800,000 ISO

• Lens Stabilization

• Content-aware fill

• Stereoscopic 3D

• Left Camera: Thermographic (Infrared) Optic
Spoiler
  • IR Resolution: 1.2 mp (1280 x 960 / 1,228,800 pixels)

• Effective Range: -75 °C to 550 °C (200K to 825K or -100 °F to 1022 °F)

• Thermal Sensitivity (NETD): <0.05 °C (50 millikelvins)

• Field of View (FOV): (2 modes) Wide 100°  / Telescopic 6°

• Focus: Automatic and Manual Focus

• Spectral range: (Dynamic/3 modes) Short-wavelength 0.9-1.7µm, mid-wavelength 2-5µm, long-wavelength  7-12µm (microns)

• Right Camera: Advanced Telephoto Optic
Spoiler
  • 100mp resolution
  • Zoom: Up to 40x
  • 1,250 FPS
  • Dynamic Range: 22 stops
  • 3-stage Native ISO
    • Night Vision: 900,000 ISO
  • Lens Stabilization

Woops... that may have been a little too much...

• Mechanical Prosthetic Arm (?)
Spoiler

<This, or a leg, or both… Still working on backstory which will define this>

Skills:

Spoiler
  • Simple stealth
  • Amateur lock picking
  • Advanced perception/insight
  • Amateur acrobatics
  • Some skill in the grappling hook
  • Photographic memory, on account of the NPU
  • <More details/specifics will be added and maybe some of these will be removed...>

Description: 

<Backstory and other details here>

My vision of what Spark may look like: (Please note that I'm not an artist--I don't even doodle...)

Spoiler

-q706Qx5TuqS9T7cfKZS-q3n30RjxjmW-N_f9aadq_ajV-rqLSZCR3S3ieCXDHWYAOBsV_oWqhCrG_WmiKN96WTWPXlb6MYXbzZokmaVn5LmVd3KTj5IG3-5SfznmEgyoedQp6om1P9_5Cre_obnUYsc2pOoJ0cF6qrRTK2MZDmh20aQQSnw2-DLy45hSXp1QzwmEFoKid05e-nimVgjrxD1xzD8MoIowe4FSCc9vXZox-9xVQeGOoMNCTnCfV0qCG9BAQvHD1g3P9565jQUy5J1oM6kmu2TigJrlk1psYgXuA-EDcPPFaVGw_chqsi0Ra7KFJUDfp_7hJrerhPjQJmydWEoskWz5QCMyOzSbwe9UR2N2KUQ2nKkBRkNRvExtNBAbXjCyLMelyuVFzsCEp8XGO4djYxDiNKf_mBNiyJXrv4_gwSPbUFuaNncm9mpPNKenGfzPd8II4oGfFAk35NOuqOQL75TpKXCz0niZiCfANRLaXJjt7KpYKPM8mDuoJUB1ovkgHKO2ylyY5M_qLOVWO5NlGRMdKWyj60XzDagRlBTcOsCDGkIsCED2AsAUeFP6PhRaJEELmeSyzN2lY76CLe3LVge5Bg082NbZV2x8z7cg74E6mNssnlYYPev-YZT0A8r7htWLe5yg5Vueaz7v_jlIXQDYuD84AZYDAxyRLbflEVlcOnQ-FY6=w1388-h1041-no?authuser=1

Edited by Spock

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Spock said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Alias: Spark

Species: Sentient AI/Human Hybrid (Or Sentient Construct AI merged with a Human)

Biological/Cybernetic implants: 

• Nanites (Standard)

• Neural Processing Unit (NPU) (Sometimes called a Neural Processor) 

Reveal hidden contents

With a central nervous system that is directly enhanced with an NPU, reflexes are faster by <XX%>. Speed of cognitive functions is also increased by <XX%>. This generates a curious phenomenon where the subject perceives time at a faster rate.

• Sentient Construct AI; interacts and interfaces via the NPU.

Reveal hidden contents

In essence, this creates a sort of “dual-consciousness”. The sentient AI can interact with the Human consciousness directly through thought. The AI is literally stored in the cybernetic material throughout the subject. It is part of the subject.

• Triton Integrated Tri-Optic Cybernetic Enhancement (replaces right eye with 3 cameras)

Reveal hidden contents
  • Top Camera: Standard Optic (Equivalent to average human eye)
  Reveal hidden contents
  • 130mp resolution

• 500 FPS

• Dynamic Range: 21 stops

• 3-stage Native ISO

• Night Vision: 800,000 ISO

• Lens Stabilization

• Content-aware fill

• Stereoscopic 3D

• Left Camera: Thermographic (Infrared) Optic
  Reveal hidden contents
  • IR Resolution: 1.2 mp (1280 x 960 / 1,228,800 pixels)

• Effective Range: -75 °C to 550 °C (200K to 825K or -100 °F to 1022 °F)

• Thermal Sensitivity (NETD): <0.05 °C (50 millikelvins)

• Field of View (FOV): (2 modes) Wide 100°  / Telescopic 6°

• Focus: Automatic and Manual Focus

• Spectral range: (Dynamic/3 modes) Short-wavelength 0.9-1.7µm, mid-wavelength 2-5µm, long-wavelength  7-12µm (microns)

• Right Camera: Advanced Telephoto Optic
  Reveal hidden contents
  • 100mp resolution
  • Zoom: Up to 40x
  • 1,250 FPS
  • Dynamic Range: 22 stops
  • 3-stage Native ISO
    • Night Vision: 900,000 ISO
  • Lens Stabilization

Woops... that may have been a little too much...

• Mechanical Prosthetic Arm (?)
  Reveal hidden contents

<This, or a leg, or both… Still working on backstory which will define this>

Skills:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Simple stealth
  • Amateur lock picking
  • Advanced perception/insight
  • Amateur acrobatics
  • Some skill in the grappling hook
  • Photographic memory, on account of the NPU
  • <More details/specifics will be added and maybe some of these will be removed...>

Description: 

<Backstory and other details here>

My vision of what Spark may look like: (Please note that I'm not an artist--I don't even doodle...)

Reveal hidden contents

-q706Qx5TuqS9T7cfKZS-q3n30RjxjmW-N_f9aadq_ajV-rqLSZCR3S3ieCXDHWYAOBsV_oWqhCrG_WmiKN96WTWPXlb6MYXbzZokmaVn5LmVd3KTj5IG3-5SfznmEgyoedQp6om1P9_5Cre_obnUYsc2pOoJ0cF6qrRTK2MZDmh20aQQSnw2-DLy45hSXp1QzwmEFoKid05e-nimVgjrxD1xzD8MoIowe4FSCc9vXZox-9xVQeGOoMNCTnCfV0qCG9BAQvHD1g3P9565jQUy5J1oM6kmu2TigJrlk1psYgXuA-EDcPPFaVGw_chqsi0Ra7KFJUDfp_7hJrerhPjQJmydWEoskWz5QCMyOzSbwe9UR2N2KUQ2nKkBRkNRvExtNBAbXjCyLMelyuVFzsCEp8XGO4djYxDiNKf_mBNiyJXrv4_gwSPbUFuaNncm9mpPNKenGfzPd8II4oGfFAk35NOuqOQL75TpKXCz0niZiCfANRLaXJjt7KpYKPM8mDuoJUB1ovkgHKO2ylyY5M_qLOVWO5NlGRMdKWyj60XzDagRlBTcOsCDGkIsCED2AsAUeFP6PhRaJEELmeSyzN2lY76CLe3LVge5Bg082NbZV2x8z7cg74E6mNssnlYYPev-YZT0A8r7htWLe5yg5Vueaz7v_jlIXQDYuD84AZYDAxyRLbflEVlcOnQ-FY6=w1388-h1041-no?authuser=1

Looks good!

"Well, whatever it is, we need to get going. However, does anyone have medical experience? Something's wrong with Cork."

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
7 hours ago, Ookla the Sprinkle said:

Maybe I can try talking to them? I don’t have medical experience, but I do know people. This looks like a mental problem.

Cork shakily gets better up. "I'm fine."

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Sprinkle said:

“Are you sure? You were not well off, so to speak. I simply wish to be sure our team is in working order.”

"I'll be fine, I just get scared sometimes. Something went waring with my uplifting. When I'm like that, just leave me be, I'll get up soon enough."

On 12/14/2020 at 11:15 PM, Somebody from Sel said:

"I'll be fine, I just get scared sometimes. Something went waring with my uplifting. When I'm like that, just leave me be, I'll get up soon enough."

"How on earth did you get recruited with a condition like that?"

6 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"How on earth did you get recruited with a condition like that?"

"They didn't know, it's never been officially documented."

2 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Well, let's hope you don't mess this mission up because you lied to the recruiters. There's nothing we can do now, however."

Let’s cut this off before it escalates too far. Guen things to himself. “I think we are all hoping for the best with this mission. I don’t approve of misleading like that, but if Cork thinks he can handle himself, I trust him. Now, shall we keep moving? This place gives me the creeps.”

On 12/18/2020 at 5:54 PM, JesterLavorre said:

Let’s cut this off before it escalates too far. Guen things to himself. “I think we are all hoping for the best with this mission. I don’t approve of misleading like that, but if Cork thinks he can handle himself, I trust him. Now, shall we keep moving? This place gives me the creeps.”

Spoiler

Just gonna say, Cork's problem isn't exactly only bad, it also makes him almost fearless most of the time.

Cork grunts, agreeing. He starts walking away.