HorneaterStew

Your Weirdest Ship

111 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 6/11/2021 at 3:54 PM, Draginon said:

Here’s one: Ivory and Jasnah. Jasnah is asexual and with the hints that she might’ve had a bad experience with men in her childhood maybe Ivory would be the one man she could stand romantically long enough to get together with. Also it makes me wonder if humans and spren can mate or not. I’m sure she’d be curious enough to have thought that at some point.

I mean, I think that's how the Natanatan people happened. Windrunner falls in love with their bonded honorspren; figures out how to manifest them in the physical realm so they can have a kid together. Not too implausible.

Edit: Oops double post. I wish you could put quotes in edits :<

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

I ship Raboniel and Navani, is that weird? Although I am fine with it just being friendship, and I like Dalinar and Navani, I just saw potential there. Cute potential. 

Honestly, I wanted Kaladin to end up with someone militaristic, which Lynn fit the bill, so I have no ship for him now. Hmm, maybe Eshonai? But she dead, so I don’t know lol. 

3 hours ago, Jash said:

I ship Raboniel and Navani, is that weird?

They were holding hands and singing

♪\(*^▽^*)/\(*^▽^*)/♪

and experimenting with rainbows

just sayin'

56 minutes ago, Honorless said:

They were holding hands and singing

♪\(*^▽^*)/\(*^▽^*)/♪

and experimenting with rainbows

just sayin'

Haha, they were indeed, they were indeed. Plus when Raboniel said something to Navani like, “If you aren’t a scholar, than no one is.” I don’t want to be recognized a scholar, but I can say if someone recognized me in the way I want to be recognized this spectacularly, it would be difficult to not fall hard lolol. 

I stand by it. Kaladin will find true solace in the branches of Cultivation.

Personally, I don't see Kaladin getting with someone that we have seen yet. I kinda foresee him either dying in the fifth book or just retiring from military service and having a very everyday sort of love with a woman who's been helping with refugees. Last, minute chance would him and Laral but solely because she kinda fits the second option there and understands his sense of duty. 

1 hour ago, DougTheRug said:

Personally, I don't see Kaladin getting with someone that we have seen yet. I kinda foresee him either dying in the fifth book or just retiring from military service and having a very everyday sort of love with a woman who's been helping with refugees. Last, minute chance would him and Laral but solely because she kinda fits the second option there and understands his sense of duty. 

You think the main character is going to die halfway through the series? That seems extremely unlikely to me, but this my first Brandon Sanderson series I guess. 

1. It’s kind of going to be a different series. Kinda like how there is Mistborn Era 1 and Mistborn Era 2. Same world, but different main characters.

2. Brandon always makes it work. Whatever happens will make sense in the end

@Jash he's made it clear that it is two 5-book arcs with like a decade separating them. Plus, he's said that the main characters in this arc will be important for the next arc but maybe not in the same way. He's been a bit cagey about it. 

Posted (edited)

Navani and Raboniel is one of the more plausible and realistic ships, if anything, in RoW. They were very cute.

Edited by Vissy

After listening to the Sandersonian Institute of Cosmere Studies' episode about Vin and Lift, I'm reminded of my Kaladin/Lift ship. It was secondary AT BEST for both characters and would (sadly) have taken place offscreen, but I think it's an interesting idea. 

Pros:

1. This ship has the potential to be the post-series Zuko/Toph ship I never got. The characters in both ships have similar emotions and attitudes, and I think they complement each other well. 

2. There's room to see it develop. In Book 5, how fun it'd be to see Szeth, Lift, and Kaladin all travel to Shinovar together? Szeth and Kaladin have vastly different philosophies on duty and justice, and their purposes within Shinovar itself are different - Lift could be sort of like an emulsifier between the two. 

3. Cultivation and her plans. Cultivation visited three people in person. It's often seen as her picking successors for the three Shards of Roshar. But Cultivation also admitted that she doesn't work with just one plan to her goals. She plants seeds and sees which ones grow. So while Dalinar may be the most obvious "seed" for Honor's replacement, I think Kaladin is a far more plausible choice long-term. And if Lift ultimately is chosen for (or falls into) the role of Cultivation, wouldn't it be interesting to see the replacements of a Honor and Cultivation also be in a relationship?

Cons: 

1. The age gap would mean that Kaladin would probably have another relationship started off-screen, and that would be annoying for us fans who want to see him be happy in a relaitonship onscreen. But depending on how the Book 5 goes, we may still end up waiting. And besides, Book 6 will feature Lift's flashbacks. If it's anything like Shallan's flashbacks, or the Venli/Eshonai flashbacks, it may go up to the present. That would mean that we'd technically get to see the relationship actually start, even if it is a flashback. 

2. The ship is still tied for second with Kaladin/Syl and under Kaladin/Leshwi; and Lift's main interest will probably be Gawx. That being said, I do think that Kaladin/Lift would be the more interesting relationship of the two for Lift. 

3. We're not even sure of Lift's sexuality, as she's just starting to come to terms with her physical maturation. She may like men, women, everybody, or nobody. It's too early for her to decide and think about that.