Your Weirdest Ship

HorneaterStew

From the little glimpses of El's character, there's a small part of me that would absolutely love to see Jasnah and El.

(Jasnel? Elnah?) 

I am painfully aware that this would never work, but a part of me feels like El is Jasnah without humanity, just pure calculating logic with no moral compass whatsoever. so yes, I know that they are way too similar to ship but that won't stop me from dreaming. Or maybe Raboniel and El? sound like the ultimate villainous power couple if you ask me. I 

On 5/12/2021 at 5:57 AM, Willshaper-Kalak said:

Eshonai and Adolin would never happen, but it would be awesome!

Okay but this is actually really good...

They both love Shardplate/fighting, but not violence. Have been the 'golden child' and the easily charismatic older sibling to an underestimated younger one. Curious about other cultures and new experiences, and open-minded in general. The internal conflict of being 'forced' into a leadership role that they both do and don't want. Strong internal sense of justice and desire to protect those they care about. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 11:14 PM, AirsickAviar said:

Silence is pretty good, and not as much older as some might think... Who has had her own trials and dilemmas of the sort that would make her understand Kaladin to a point. I think her demeanor straightforward, but intelligent enough thinking would definitely knock the right sort of things straight for Kaladin, where I think his problems lie. That's what I think personally, but boy, I think that could get interesting. Yes, this is what I would consider a weird ship, but one that just might also work. That being said, I am not entirely sure I am deadset on 'shipping' anyone, that was never my thing. But I wanted to come up with an oddball choice here, thought about it, and something that could work on another character also fresh on my mind in another thread.

EDIT: It wasn't until after posting this I had the thought, what of the timeline? Since I don't know if the novella is before or after SA, any given age of Silence to Kaladin here is irrelevant. No clue. Still going with it :)

This is why I like Jenet for Kal, she's basically a nicer Silence ;)

On 11/22/2020 at 4:39 AM, Friendshipspren said:

@LiftIRL I love the shallan , adolin , kaladin ship too. Although I was actually hoping for Veilladin and shalolin. So it would be a foursome I guess. 

Also khrisnah. Hmmmmm that might still happen. Can't believe I didn't think of it. 

My ship was Jasnadin but welp hoid ruined that. I, like ,rayse will hate him forever for that. 

Now my new ship is Sylladin. Syl can be pulled into the Physical realm by ishar and well , she's a shapeshifter , she might be able to actually imitate human anatomy to a T.

Hmmm , I mean syl and kaladin are already soulmates. I am totally behind it. 

Hmm I wonder if thier children would be the Siah Aimians. Half Spren half human and capable of shapeshifting. Hmmmm, well got a new theory too

I actually have theroy that the amiens are really honor Spren or the descends of honor Spren that were pulled in the cognitive. Everything fits the have blue skin and white hair. Just like honor Spren. They can shape shift just like honor Spren. They appear to have some sort of connect to the cognitive just like honor Spren would likely have. Dalinar even mistakes a dead honor Spren for a amien. 

1 hour ago, twenty second of the sun said:

but she is not

Yeah, I can kind of see why they ship Szeth & Lift with their OB King's Drop scene but this is still very problematic, to put it mildly. Lift's very clearly and quite a bit underage, let's not ship very underage characters. Just no.

Post-RoW, and in the back five books, I could see Kaladin and Lift being a thing, but also not really, if that makes sense. 

There's a theory that Cultivation has been working to find new replacements for the Shards - Taravangian for Odium, Dalinar for Honor, and Lift for herself. But, I also think either Kaladin will become Honor, or Kaladin will become a Bondsmith. Or both.* Anyways, having Kaladin and Lift become Honor and Cultivation, and become a couple like the holders before them would be pretty cute. 

But I'm not sure that would be healthy for either of them. Yes, Kaladin is in a FAR healthier place than before, but I don't think his struggle with letting people go will ever fully go away, even if it's their choice. Meanwhile, Lift isn't someone who really likes being tied down, so I can't see her sticking around Kaladin for the long-run. 

Other than them: 

Szeth and Azure - Azure has been in shoes similar to Szeth's and I think he could learn what it means to be free but still hold an internal code from her. 

Everyone in Mistborn is already paired up for the most part, but maybe in Era 3 I could see that Terriswoman hacker/programmer hitting it off with one of Rock's kids. Or something like that. 

*A crackpot theory formed in my mind last night where the Stormfather more or less dies, and Syl has to take over his role, since she's the last of the "elder" Honorspren. 

4 hours ago, twenty second of the sun said:

but she is not

Yeah that is the problem they have some chemistry but you can't get past the age gap,   Wouldn't mind seeing them as friends but not anything more.   Then again we are getting a time skip of 10 to 15 years so perhaps this should be addressed again in book 6

Edited by bmcclure7

Here’s one: Ivory and Jasnah. Jasnah is asexual and with the hints that she might’ve had a bad experience with men in her childhood maybe Ivory would be the one man she could stand romantically long enough to get together with. Also it makes me wonder if humans and spren can mate or not. I’m sure she’d be curious enough to have thought that at some point.

On 6/11/2021 at 3:54 PM, Draginon said:

Here’s one: Ivory and Jasnah. Jasnah is asexual and with the hints that she might’ve had a bad experience with men in her childhood maybe Ivory would be the one man she could stand romantically long enough to get together with. Also it makes me wonder if humans and spren can mate or not. I’m sure she’d be curious enough to have thought that at some point.

I mean, I think that's how the Natanatan people happened. Windrunner falls in love with their bonded honorspren; figures out how to manifest them in the physical realm so they can have a kid together. Not too implausible.

Edit: Oops double post. I wish you could put quotes in edits :<

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes