Your Weirdest Ship

HorneaterStew

1 minute ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

Kaladin x Moash: this one's gonna be controversial here I think but the tension is absolutely unreal. I imagine they are, by current times, bitter exes.

I don't think this is controversial, I read their relationship as absolutely loaded with belligerent sexual tension too and I only notice that when it's really obvious.   

4 hours ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

Kaladin x Moash: this one's gonna be controversial here I think but the tension is absolutely unreal. I imagine they are, by current times, bitter exes.

Dalinar x Sadeas. How I see this relationship is like that line "that was one hell of a fishing trip" from heathers.They definitely let off some steam after a battle a few times when they were still hopped up on Thrill Juice.

Khriss x Jasnah: This is weird just as in they haven't had much interaction at all, but I think it would work extremely well.

Vasher x Hoid: Elderly gay couple that lovingly bickers with each other as they give advice to wayward protagonists

Taravangian x The Lord Ruler: Old Bastard Gods United. This one was my brother's idea

Hi! Didn’t we just run into each other on Reddit?

Marsh and Jasnah. I can actually see them getting along fairly well. They bond over their mutual exasperation regarding his little brother’s antics.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

On 1/25/2021 at 7:09 PM, teknopathetic said:

I want a weird throwback of a Hoid intervention: 

The little girl that Hoid gave the awakened doll to in Oathbringer and the Little Boy who wants to be a Windrunner in ROW.

Basically, I was that Little Girl of Cob and Kheni's to be someone important way later. I want her to be the reason Hoid was in the city more so than the Cryptic. 

D'awwwwwww, that would be so sweet, I'm in!

On 1/25/2021 at 11:39 PM, Sara Stormblessed said:

Are we ruling out Adolin's sloppy seconds for Kaladin? I am making my way through Words of Radiance, and I momentarily considered a fling between Kaladin/Jenet. Kaladin thinks she is pretty and he's totally into her spicey condescension. ;)  Of course, we have no idea whether she is still alive. Haven't seen her in ages. 

:o Oh, wow, I cannot overstate how surprised I am that I'm not the only one shipping Jenedin :o (and loving the thought of all the crap that the legendary Stormblessed would get when she makes him get a hair cut)

On 1/31/2021 at 6:49 AM, caranise said:

Jasnah - Lopen The Lopen (ftfy B))

Actually this is my best friend's ship. I was explaining all the things about the books. İt ended like this. 

There's no way that a single person can handle all the love that The Lopen has to give.  Dawnshard gave me some The Cord vibes

On 2/24/2021 at 5:30 PM, CruelSadist said:

:o Oh, wow, I cannot overstate how surprised I am that I'm not the only one shipping Jenedin :o (and loving the thought of all the crap that the legendary Stormblessed would get when she makes him get a hair cut)

Glad to know I wasn't the only one thinking this! However, after reading a bunch of Kaladin-becomes-Honor theories and even some Cultivation-is-setting-up-Kaladin-to-become-Honor theories, I have finally found the truest and most certain Kaladin ship:

Kaladin x Cultivation

If Cultivation is setting up Kal-Honor, then it is almost certain that Cultivation ships Kaladin x Cultivation, which means we have 1-6 more books for Kaladin to either fall madly in love with Cultivation or report her to HR. B)

Edited by Sara Stormblessed

37 minutes ago, Sara Stormblessed said:

Glad to know I wasn't the only one thinking this! However, after reading a bunch of Kaladin-becomes-Honor theories and even some Cultivation-is-setting-up-Kaladin-to-become-Honor theories, I have finally found the truest and most certain Kaladin ship:

Kaladin x Cultivation

If Cultivation is setting up Kal-Honor, then it is almost certain that Cultivation ships Kaladin x Cultivation, which means we have 1-6 more books for Kaladin to either fall madly in love with Cultivation or report her to HR. B)

you...

you do realise that Kal is called the son of Tanavast, who was married to Korivellium right?

so...

that causes a lot of issues.

23 minutes ago, Frustration said:

you...

you do realise that Kal is called the son of Tanavast, who was married to Korivellium right?

so...

In this scenario, Kal is the son of Tanavast via binary fission and not sexual reproduction. :P ...or he's more of a 'reincarnation of Tanavast' rather than a son. I mean, the book never calls Kal "Son of Korivellium" after all! 

Edited by Sara Stormblessed

1 hour ago, Sara Stormblessed said:

Kaladin x Cultivation

Makes sense, rather than try to find a new flame, she cultivates one instead.

13 minutes ago, Sara Stormblessed said:

In this scenario, Kal is the son of Tanavast via binary fission and not sexual reproduction. :P ...or he's more of a 'reincarnation of Tanavast' rather than a son. I mean, the book never calls Kal "Son of Korivellium" after all! 

Not nessesaraly,

he could very easily be a grandson, or something.

10 hours ago, Frustration said:

you...

so...

God I keep hoping that this is a metaphor for Kal being particularly good at being a Windrunner.  Because it would really really suck if Kal were straight-up Jesus like that.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2020 at 8:43 PM, Sasja2112 said:

Does Kaladin x Leshwi count as a weird ship? Because I like them as a possible pair.

This actually really got me in ROW. Like the parallels are too much, like the way they clearly care most about protecting their people and doing the right thing and feel uncomfortable about the larger war they've been thrown into. Of all the relationships that I actually 'ship' this is probably my favorite (excluding canon stuff like Shallan/Adolin). I think they could actually be good for each other! 

Navani/Raboniel is also great. Not gonna lie, Navani and Dalinar are adorable, but she so much serious chemistry with Raboniel. 

Kaladin is clearly the most important relationship Moash has, it's not hard to read as romantic! It's the Professor X/Magneto dynamic. Maybe I have an enemies-to-lovers problem? I mostly ship Moash with getting his rust together. 

As far as the most insane tinfoil crack ship...Maybe Szeth/Nale? Not something I actually really ship but I kinda like the dynamic of them having to figure out what justice actually means together. Nightblood as their adopted child. 

1 hour ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

I’d say they have some serious physics too

They just really harmonize, you know?

On 2/24/2021 at 9:57 AM, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

EDIT: okay adding another to the list, cosmere tumblr has convinced me: Shan x Vin. But like, AU

It's viridializard's world and we're all just living in it. 

Edited by Could Be Fire

Lift x Stormfather

Okay honestly I am being silly here...but Lift is the only person we know who can really touch spren(and they can touch her? idk), so out of anyone she has the possibility of being in a relationship with a spren more than anybody.

Silence is pretty good, and not as much older as some might think... Who has had her own trials and dilemmas of the sort that would make her understand Kaladin to a point. I think her demeanor straightforward, but intelligent enough thinking would definitely knock the right sort of things straight for Kaladin, where I think his problems lie. That's what I think personally, but boy, I think that could get interesting. Yes, this is what I would consider a weird ship, but one that just might also work. That being said, I am not entirely sure I am deadset on 'shipping' anyone, that was never my thing. But I wanted to come up with an oddball choice here, thought about it, and something that could work on another character also fresh on my mind in another thread.

EDIT: It wasn't until after posting this I had the thought, what of the timeline? Since I don't know if the novella is before or after SA, any given age of Silence to Kaladin here is irrelevant. No clue. Still going with it :)

Edited by AirsickAviar

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen Syl x Kaladin on this thread, but I consider that less of a weird ship than an OTP. We've already established that she can become more solid in the physical realm as Kaladin progresses in his Ideals, and if that's not enough, there's always Shadesmar. Also, I have a suspicion that it has happened before, and that's the true reason that the Natan people have bluish skin.