HorneaterStew

Your Weirdest Ship

82 posts in this topic

An idea I’ve seen tossed around once or twice before that’s been growing on me is Kaladin and Venli, not gonna lie. From what we saw in RoW, and both’s general attitudes and personalities. I guess it just seems like there’s something there in my opinion. If not as romantic partners, then as friends for sure. 

The bigger part of this, though, is that I really want Brandon to explore a human/singer romance, and this is maybe my perfect excuse. Besides, if anyone of the main cast would be with a singer, it would be Kaladin, don’t lie :P

Hi, I'm going to revive this dead topic to talk about the best worst ship Nale/Kalak. We know they were together on the night of Gavilar's death. We've been told they were together when Ba-Ado-Mishram was captured. All this, despite the fact that the Heralds made an unofficial vow to leave each other alone. Now, who else made an unofficial vow to leave each other alone? That's right, our plucky band of Adonalsium-shatterers. And who among the Vessels ignored that vow? Our favorite couple, Mr and Mrs Avast* <3. Therefore thru my impenetrable logic, Nale and Kalak are married.

[*As far as I'm concerned Ati and Leras were hate-married so this only adds to my pile of evidence. Poor Sel is not relevant enough for me to speculate about whatever Aona and Skai were doing]

I want a weird throwback of a Hoid intervention: 

The little girl that Hoid gave the awakened doll to in Oathbringer and the Little Boy who wants to be a Windrunner in ROW.

Basically, I was that Little Girl of Cob and Kheni's to be someone important way later. I want her to be the reason Hoid was in the city more so than the Cryptic. 

Edited by teknopathetic

I'm not a shipper but I'll play the game.

Kaladin and Leshwi seem probable. They have a strong respect for one another, and they seek each other out every battle.

But who do we always see together? Skar and Drehy. I mean I don't even think of their names separately. The only flaw in this... drar or skehy.

Edited by KSub

I lowkey have began to ship Kalak and Ba Ado Mishram, solely based on the fact that he calls her Mishram in his epigraphs. It's so cute!

44 minutes ago, KSub said:

Skar and Drehy. I mean I don't even think of their names separately. The only flaw in this... drar or skehy.

Omg. Aren't they both married to other people :0

Are we ruling out Adolin's sloppy seconds for Kaladin? I am making my way through Words of Radiance, and I momentarily considered a fling between Kaladin/Jenet. Kaladin thinks she is pretty and he's totally into her spicey condescension. ;)  Of course, we have no idea whether she is still alive. Haven't seen her in ages. 

I want to ship Sja-anat mostly bc of my huge crush on Sja-anat, so what about Sja-anat + Sazed = Sjarmony?

An epistolary relationship leading to something more would be good epigraph material going forwards. Hoid is probably brain-wiped now and was kinda using Sazed, so something new is needed. Realisticaly, Sja-anat is gunning for godhood, but what are her prospects are as long as she is stuck on Roshar? There are far too many shards / wannabe vessels for one underweight warcrab planet. And Saze has always been keenly interested and canny in seeking intelligence sources; he's just currently inexperienced on the Cosmere-scale. If Sja-anat can get free of Odium and off Roshar there is lots of potential for shardic romance.

Also as much as I hate to say it, Thaidakar is also a match even if the current basis of their relationship is terrible. So that is another reason because lady Sj-A deserves better.

Sja-anat and the Stormfather

The Stormfather can make Spren, so what happens if....

Edited by teknopathetic

"Adolin has two hands"

IMG_20210127_140010.JPG.47ea01a561c56ebd00c382577123fed7.JPG

But yeah, sure, Kadolin is a pretty good ship. As is Shakadolin. 

How about Nightblood x Vivenna's sword. When I realized what that sword was, I was like omg, Nightblood has a girlfriend. They should totally meet up, y'know like swords do, leaning against the wall or on the weapons rag, or touching hilts when their bearers walk side by side and see if they can hit it off.

*musical notes* Two swords, chilling in the same weapons rack, five feet apart cuz they're not gay! Hmm... they don't have genders, is that gay? Some ppl call it gay, it's a big word now

Edited by Honorless

Thaidakar and Jasnah.

She’s pragmatic to the point of being borderline psycho, he’s a full blown serial killer (justified). Neither would be in it for the sex. They would be in it for the challenge and the power.

Also it would be one more thing for Hoid to mock Kel over. Leave a little “Hoid was here” mark behind on Jasnah.

1 hour ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

Thaidakar and Jasnah.

She’s pragmatic to the point of being borderline psycho, he’s a full blown serial killer (justified). Neither would be in it for the sex. They would be in it for the challenge and the power.

Also it would be one more thing for Hoid to mock Kel over. Leave a little “Hoid was here” mark behind on Jasnah.

I actually see Thaidakar getting on better with Jasnah’s mother.

Navani is attracted to dangerous people: Gavilar, Dalinar, Raboniel. She also loves learning and discovering and she struggles with her self worth.

Kelsier is a dangerous man and I suspect he’d like women strong enough to tell him off. Someone who won’t passively take his rust. And he loves searching out secrets and innovating. He’s also very good at bringing out the best in people around him.

They’ve also both lost children.

I can easily see these two finding a lot of things to genuinely care about in the other. They’d also compliment each other well; Kelsier can lead, but he can’t administrate. Navani is an excellent administrator, but leadership isn’t something that comes naturally to her.

I headcannon Kelsier falls low-key in love with Navani after she kicks him and Hoid out of a meeting where they’re being idiots. Navani starts reevaluating Thaidakar after she finds him grieving his daughter (Vin). And they bond over fabrials after Thaidakar revolutionizes the science by introducing Roshar to the concept of alloys.

Of course, this does lead to the rather amusing possibility of Kelsier being Hoid’s stepfather-in-law...

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

Kaladin x Pursuer. The author spend way to much time stating that the hair of the Fused is their only cloth :ph34r:

On 11/26/2020 at 5:41 PM, Starla said:

Rlain/Thude. They each seemed quite excited to know the other was still alive. Ship name = Rude.

And Rlain reflects that the one time he took mateform it went in a way no one expected, and he didn't see that as a positive. Since they were a society living on the edge and producing children was very important, I have wondered if this meant he took mateform and realized he's gay when he promptly swooned over every male he saw, and wasn't all that interested in the women. He entered mateform to make a child, but entering the form taught him something about himself that prevented the plans from going forward. So him and Thude would totally work with that theory.

...alright, @Kingsdaughter613 has convinced me, Kelsier and Navani would be one Hell of a power couple, though they'd never actually get together because they both have too many hangups and/or personal rules to do anything.  So it'd just be sexual tension thick enough to cut it with a knife.  

41 minutes ago, GroundPetrel said:

...alright, @Kingsdaughter613 has convinced me, Kelsier and Navani would be one Hell of a power couple, though they'd never actually get together because they both have too many hangups and/or personal rules to do anything.  So it'd just be sexual tension thick enough to cut it with a knife.  

Oh, I could see them getting together. It requires Dalinar to be out of the picture, obviously, or nothing goes anywhere beyond mutual attraction. And they would need to deal with the whole “Kelsier tried to have Jasnah assassinated’ thing. 

Assuming those two things I can see them falling in love while going full innovation mode on fabrial technology. That isn’t where anything happens though. That’s just where we get massive sexual tension build up.

Where things happen is when Navani gets to see Kelsier being vulnerable in a way she can relate to. (My general thought is that she finds him grieving Vin, after Kell realizes he can’t get back to Scadrial for the anniversary of her death - which he almost missed due to the different calendars.) From that point on he’d be kind-of courting her and she’d be accepting.

At a certain point they’d need to determine how far they want things to go which could end up in multiple places. It would be a very slow build before they get anywhere near that point. But they would compliment each other very well.

Hold x Valor. There is totally some history there based on epigraphs comment.

Chiri-chiri x Nightblood. They both have a common pasttime of eating Investiture.

Edited by Dreamwa1ker

Jasnah-Lopen

Actually this is my best friend's ship. I was explaining all the things about the books. İt ended like this. 

I shipped Zahel and Kaladin for about two months until I read Warbreaker

Patter x Nightblood = Patterblood

This is going to be an unpopular one but I kind of ship Moash and Kaladin. It'd be an absolute mess, but the textual evidence is pretty strong. And Moash is obviously gay for Kaladin.

I also kind of just assumed that Ati and Leras were together in some way, even though I don't think they necessarily were. But like, they did decide to specifically settle in the same solar system and create their own planetbaby, so...

Edited by Draigwyrdd

Ati and Leras as bitter exes is the crack ship I didn't know I needed.  

Now how about Syl/Nightblood?  XD  As long as we're doing cargo shipping.  

10 hours ago, GroundPetrel said:

Agreed.  Now I want to read MB E1 again and see what this does to the feel!

Here's mine:  Marasi, the spirited and brilliant constable of the law, infiltrates the Ghostbloods on Scadrial, learns about Worldhopping, and makes her way to Roshar, where she meets a tall, dark and handsome EMBODIMENT of LAW.  I give you Nalasi.

12 hours ago, AquaRegia said:

Agreed.  Now I want to read MB E1 again and see what this does to the feel!

Here's mine:  Marasi, the spirited and brilliant constable of the law, infiltrates the Ghostbloods on Scadrial, learns about Worldhopping, and makes her way to Roshar, where she meets a tall, dark and handsome EMBODIMENT of LAW.  I give you Nalasi.

Isn’t Marasi a Survivorist? This could lead to a fascinating theological crisis...

On 23/02/2021 at 2:04 PM, GroundPetrel said:

I originally shipped this as a joke and then it turned into shipping them for real. Now here I am, having written one too many fics about them and reading Secret History over and over again... 

Maybe this is just me, but I don't really sense any romantic tension between Kaladin and Leshwi. They give me more of a justice bros kinda vibe.

Edited by BoundbyOath
Stupid autocorrect