The Ghostbloods and BAM

Czernobog

We have this quote:

“Why do you want the gemstone that holds Ba-Ado-Mishram, Mraize? What are you intending to do with it? What power do the Ghostbloods seek with a thing that can bind the minds of an entire people?”

What indeed? Was Kelsier planning to attempt to use her on Scadrians?

I think that it's to do with how they Connected to the singers after the Recreance to grant voidlight. The simplest application for this type of Connection manipulation would be to have her Connect to Kelsier and imprison her again, ripping away all of Kel's Connection to Scadrial and making him free to stroll about the cosmere.

There is also this WoB.

XS-Terrain

Also, does each of the Unmade have a corresponding order of the Knights Radiant?

Brandon Sanderson

Eh... Kind of.

XS-Terrain

Ok. So there are nine Unmade right, so which one is left out?

Brandon Sanderson

Bondsmith. But it's not as one to one, there's some fuzziness in there.

Oathbringer San Francisco signing (Nov. 15, 2017)

Having this and her Connecting to the Singers in mind, I speculate that what she did was take away or weaken their Connection to Honor and\or Roshar and replaced it with a Connection to themselves. Then, utilizing their own Connection to Odium, they gave the voidlight to the Singers. If the part about them being able to weaken Connections is correct, they may try to use this ability on Stormlight spheres to transport it from the Roshar System or on Kelsier's Connection to Scadrial,  

Edited by ScadrianTank

I also think BAM's imprisonment has to do something with lunacy in cases of Heralds. Kelek's notes in part 4 epigraphs made me realize that trapping BAM did a lot worse than expected and it afflicted all over Roshar. It can't be a coincidence that Singers lost their Identity and Heralds began losing their sanity, so I believe they all are connected. I think BAM is somewhere is Shinovar, and those mysterious people know almost everything about Expulsion and Desolations. 

The possibility of Ghostbloods wanting BAM has to do with Kell's freeing himself from Scandrial as stated earlier. 

8 hours ago, Child of Hodor said:

Hopefully Kelsier doesn’t accidentally rip his mind out trying to free himself. 

To do that, or what I suggested, Kelsier and BAM would need to be much closer to one another than either of them is capable of at the moment. Maybe that is why the GB's wanted to get their hands on a Herald, to see if it works on another Cognitive Shadow Connected directly to a Shard?

13 hours ago, Child of Hodor said:

@ScadrianTank I agree, BAM specializes in Connection and Kelsier can’t leave his system due to Connection.

Is that truly the case though? Emphasis mine:

“I believe it is time,” Wit said, “that I told you about Thaidakar.” “I know of him,” Jasnah said. “Oh, you think you do,” he said. “But I’ve met him, several times. On other planets, Jasnah.

Edited by Czernobog

On 11/22/2020 at 6:49 AM, Czernobog said:

That must mean that either Wit is lying to Jasnah (either intentionally or due to someone else mucking around with his memories) or that Thaidakar  is not actually Kelsier. 

Or could he have met with Thaidakar’s avatar and not the actual being?