Contest of Champions Predictions [RoW Spoilers]

Crossen

So, what I don't get or rather what I would do if I were Taravangian, is tell Dalinar the truth. That he killed the vessel of Odium and can now control this power. Mention that their are other rogue Shards out their and that they have a duty to stop them. Have Cultivation vouch for you. She will likely agree to tell Dalinar that she is teaching Taravangian to control the power. Play the hero, and thus rob Dalinar of his victory. Dalinar can't win if you have already beaten the bad guy. Then convince Dalinar to release you. 

On 1/7/2021 at 0:36 PM, Master Silver said:

So, what I don't get or rather what I would do if I were Taravangian, is tell Dalinar the truth. That he killed the vessel of Odium and can now control this power. Mention that their are other rogue Shards out their and that they have a duty to stop them. Have Cultivation vouch for you. She will likely agree to tell Dalinar that she is teaching Taravangian to control the power. Play the hero, and thus rob Dalinar of his victory. Dalinar can't win if you have already beaten the bad guy. Then convince Dalinar to release you. 

Cultivation orchestrates Dalinar becoming honor either before or during the contest. Dalinar wins, but because of Cultivation's influence he chooses to go out as Roshar's champion to straighten out the Cosmere. Down the road they join forces with Harmony to resist Trell and its allies.

I think there is a good chance that Trell is Odium. He has a red creature that breaks out Suit and I think it could be a Regal or Fused. The problem of being locked on Roshar means that it could be an unmade working for him there or in the future where he has escaped. It also could be Thidicar, the head of the Ghostbloods.  

On 1/7/2021 at 0:36 PM, Master Silver said:

That is part of the reason I think Dalinar will win the contest, and work with TOD anyway. In the process he will become D-Honor.

On 12/1/2020 at 9:20 AM, knightedbishop said:

Just a thought... Dalinar and Rayse as Odium agreed to a contest of champions. Yet Dalinar is talking about being his own champion. If he does so, what’s to stop Mr T as Odium from being his own champion? As a Shard he could flatten Dalinar as he is. 

I don’t think this is how it will go. I think the likely route Mr T will go is to pick someone Dalinar and his side are unwilling to fight, thus voiding the bargain and freeing Odium. A child sounds like a good bet. Gavinor? It kept coming up that, by the standards of Alethi culture, he was old enough to be practicing with his sword. That he was old enough to participate in war (albeit not in combat). Gavinor keeps expressing a desire to be able to fight. There are questions about what the Fused may have done while they had him. Heck, his mom had two Unmade whispering in her ear- who knows what they did to him. And you can bet neither Dalinar nor Kaladin will be willing to kill Gavinor. Heck, Kaladin would likely see it as a betrayal of his Radiant oaths to do so. 

Odium can't harm Dalinar because of another oath, so that wouldn't work.