Notes on WoK

SOM1else

So I just got my copy of WoK back from my cousin and have started to read it for a second time, I'm keeping a notebook nearby while reading and writing down very detailed notes. I am considering putting them on the blogs that we have as it may be helpful later on. These notes include a list of every named character and any important details about the, a description of the flora and fauna of Roshar, references to the history of the world, notes on the different countries and kingdoms, and anything else that I find interesting while reading. I also give my thoughts on each chapter as I read them and any significant events that may effect the future books or the cosmere. Also, anything that doesn't quite make sense to me when I read it I write down and then give my thoughts about it. does any of this information sound like it is worth compiling? If so would you be interested in reading it?

So as it appears this is something worthwhile I am going to do it. Where would be a good place to store this information? right now I'm writing it down in a spiral ring notebook but in that state it is only accessible to me and not very well protected from loss or damage. I was thinking of either posts in the Coppermind or Stormlight section of the forums, a blog on my profile, or a Google Doc that I could post a link to somewhere. I'm currently leaning towards the Google Doc option as it seems the most practical.

Also another thing I recently considered is also having a character chart that lists "name", " gender", "race/nationality", "age", "magic", "page#" they are introduced on, any "factions" they're associated with, and "misc info". Is there anything that you think should be on the chart that I've left out? (the quoted words is what the info will be labeled as at the top of the chart).

So as it appears this is something worthwhile I am going to do it. Where would be a good place to store this information? right now I'm writing it down in a spiral ring notebook but in that state it is only accessible to me and not very well protected from loss or damage. I was thinking of either posts in the Coppermind or Stormlight section of the forums, a blog on my profile, or a Google Doc that I could post a link to somewhere. I'm currently leaning towards the Google Doc option as it seems the most practical.

Also another thing I recently considered is also having a character chart that lists "name", " gender", "race/nationality", "age", "magic", "page#" they are introduced on, any "factions" they're associated with, and "misc info". Is there anything that you think should be on the chart that I've left out? (the quoted words is what the info will be labeled as at the top of the chart).

I don't know much about the Coppermind Wiki (besides Ruin's edits in the Terris Prophecies, of course), but it seems to me that that would be the best place to put a lot of this. I ask some of the others here: Is it possible to create scratch or personal places in the Wiki where this kind of thing could be stored until it could be unpacked and placed into other articles? Some of this stuff sounds like it could be a useful reference page that would back other articles or the like.

a personal scratchpad can be created by going to coppermind.net/wiki/User:YourUserName/SomethingOrOther

So there you go, SOM1else. My opinion is that that would be the best choice for making an electronic copy of that kind of thing. You can refer back to it when you are editing or looking at or creating other articles on the Wiki. If you feel you want to do it, it could be an enormous resource and help to others. (I, personally, don't have that kind of time.)

• Chaos locked this topic