Timeline of Book Five

IntentAwesome

I think Dalinar loses setting him up to be the Blackthorn sent out into the cosmere as an agent of Odium.  But Ishar gains some sanity when Sveth says his next oath and Kaladin convinces Ishar to reforge the oathpact with Kaladin sent to Braise as the Taln/Single Herald trapping Odium and the Fused until the next cycle of books

I mean, if we've learned anything from Brandon, it's that so much of what we are told comes with an asterisk *.

We are made to assume that Rayse is the big bad for 4 books. Even near the very end of Book 4, all things seem to be locked in stone between Dalinar and Rayse for the battle of champions, then BAM, Taravangian. Everything we know has changed.

So just because we are told "ten days" does NOT mean we will get a book that covers just over 10 days. Anything can happen that again, changes everything.

For all we know, its possible to create a second deal that modifies the first. Or changing ownership of Odium messes with the deal itself.

I just find it very difficult to believe that 100% that 5th book is told over just ten days. But this is Brandon, and crazier things have happened.

Honestly I'd be thrilled to read a SA book that spans just ten days. I've read 400-pages books that span 3 days so it's totally possible!

Also, maybe, just maybe Branderson manages to actually write a SA book that's not longer than the book before. That'd probably be the biggest surprise of all. Make it 1000 pages instead of almost 1300, with all the different POVs etc. I think it could work.

On 24.11.2020 at 1:59 AM, Jemial said:

So just because we are told "ten days" does NOT mean we will get a book that covers just over 10 days. Anything can happen that again, changes everything.

For all we know, its possible to create a second deal that modifies the first. Or changing ownership of Odium messes with the deal itself.

I just find it very difficult to believe that 100% that 5th book is told over just ten days. But this is Brandon, and crazier things have happened.

The title of El's book very much suggests that something fundamental will happen in ten days.

1 hour ago, Oltux72 said:

The title of El's book very much suggests that something fundamental will happen in ten days.

...and that El lives through it.  (Which is no longer a certain thing, even for Fused.)

I would not be at all surprised to see that that's the title of Stormlight book 5, in fact.  It just feels like the sort of thing Brandon would do.

1 hour ago, Mason Wheeler said:

...and that El lives through it.  (Which is no longer a certain thing, even for Fused.)

I would not be at all surprised to see that that's the title of Stormlight book 5, in fact.  It just feels like the sort of thing Brandon would do.

It doesn’t give us KoW, otherwise I’d agree with you.

On 22 November 2020 at 3:44 PM, Oltux72 said:

When? Do you expect a time skip within SA 5? The duell is scheduled for 10 days hence. 

Isn't Kalak really close to cracking the problem of getting himself out of Roshar system? And isn't it likely that the solution could be applied to the bonded Radiant spren too? I imagine that while no more oaths are going to be sworn in his proximity, Shallan as a Lightweaver can somewhat  help with his mental state so that he finally achieves the breakthrough. And Hoid will reap the rewards of his involvement as always, heh. I am now wholly certain that Hoid will leave Roshar with Design in tow.

I am somewhat unsure about this "war" between Shallan/Radiants and the Ghostbloods. IMHO, Mraize seriously overstepped and made lots of mistakes. His superiors might see how stupid and costly this conflict would be and throw him to the greatshells. I don't expect Thaidakar to show up in person, but he might send his "avatar" to negotiate/deal with Mraize.

On 23 November 2020 at 10:22 PM, Arby64 said:

I think Dalinar loses setting him up to be the Blackthorn sent out into the cosmere as an agent of Odium.

I agree.

On 23 November 2020 at 10:22 PM, Arby64 said:

But Ishar gains some sanity when Sveth says his next oath and Kaladin convinces Ishar to reforge the oathpact with Kaladin sent to Braise as the Taln/Single Herald trapping Odium and the Fused until the next cycle of books

And the next cycle would start after he and Syl had been killed with the anti-stormlight? Because the Fused don't need to bother with the torture anymore. I don't see it. Maybe if Szeth is the one to go instead? 

IMHO, Kaladin is being set up as Dalinar's successor and eventually the next Honor.  He is bringing humans and singers together, he is stepping away from fighting... Stormfather has been Connecting with him a lot.  "Son of Tanavast", etc. Syl and the Stormfather sharing him is going to be hilarious ;). 

2 hours ago, Isilel said:

Isn't Kalak really close to cracking the problem of getting himself out of Roshar system? And isn't it likely that the solution could be applied to the bonded Radiant spren too?

(Scadrial)

Spoiler

It took Kelsier more than a few days to get to the edge of his solar system.

Kalak couldn't test it in ten days. Ten days is nothing.

3 hours ago, Isilel said:

IMHO, Kaladin is being set up as Dalinar's successor and eventually the next Honor.  He is bringing humans and singers together, he is stepping away from fighting... Stormfather has been Connecting with him a lot.  "Son of Tanavast", etc. Syl and the Stormfather sharing him is going to be hilarious ;). 

Supporting your statement: 

Questioner

What would happen to a spren if someone with a Nahel bond Ascended?

Brandon Sanderson

It's a good question, and it is also a RAFO.

Tor Instagram Livestream (Nov. 25, 2020)

Also, Patron of Windrunners, Jezrien is dead...and Kaladin is going to Ishar...you can pick the plot already.