Stormlight: The Next Generation

Use the Falchion

Ah friends I too suffered greatly from the sinking of both Jasnadin and Veilladin.

That being said I'm all out shipping Sylladin now. 

I think that if syl becomes human , kal will lose Radiance but gain a Soulmate and seriously I think he has had enough of war and would be more suited to rebuilding after the contest of champions and would be especially useful in pioneering psychology and emotional therapy. 

The next gen I think will be blue toned half human , half Spren , probably immortal , wrong shadowed children of the union between human and Spren. 

They would be able to form Nahel bonds too. More powerful ones maybe due to them half Spren already.

Being half honorspren they could perhaps have shapeshifting abilities too. And it's possible they might have the ability to turn food into stormlight or feed off stormlight. 

On 11/21/2020 at 8:37 AM, bmcclure7 said:

Hell for all we know he might pick up a honor blad in sinavar

The Honorblades that he'd most likely use are in use right now, and giving him another set of surges, while cool, don't seem very practical for storytelling imo. Besides, he's far more comfortable with a spear than a sword, and Syl can be those and more. Maybe he'll bond Teft's spren, but...I'm not sure that's the way to go. (I think the only dual Radiant we'll see at this time is Adolin.) 

14 hours ago, Necessary Eagle said:

Sorry to sink your ship... but Leshwi is probably still in that malen body by the end of RoW. Since she's not going to be bodysnatching any more innocent Singers, she's stuck as a malen/male. Maybe she could have kids with a human woman, but not with Kal.

There may be some guilty Singers she may be more wiling to take over. But yeah, I think @Zea mays said it best. Besides, Venli and Kaldin noticed that when Fused take over a Singer's body, some changes are made (patterns, hair, etc). I can see Leshwi becoming a Radiant and then the completion simply going all of the way. 

12 hours ago, Nameless said:

I would guess that her perception of her healing powers is different. Maybe her spiritual is too corrupted by Odium investiture to enforce it. Also, I don't think she can become a Radiant, at least she doesn't think she can.

And if there's anything we've learned from Sanderson, it's that how people think powers work isn't always how they actually do. 

On 11/21/2020 at 9:10 AM, TiaOmi said:

What are we calling this? Kaleshwi? Leladin? Kashwi? Ledin?

Leshadin? We'll figure it out as we sail! 

9 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Maybe he'll bond Teft's spren, but...I'm not sure that's the way to go. (I think the only dual Radiant we'll see at this time is Adolin.)

Teft's spren is dead, permanently. I don't think there's any reason to believe otherwise.

4 hours ago, Dreamspren said:

That being said I'm all out shipping Sylladin now. 

I think that if syl becomes human , kal will lose Radiance but gain a Soulmate and seriously I think he has had enough of war and would be more suited to rebuilding after the contest of champions and would be especially useful in pioneering psychology and emotional therapy.

Maybe this kind of thing will start happening, but it just feels so wrong to me. The Stormfather's reaction to the experiments really got to me, and I definitely share his aversion.

1 minute ago, Sparks said:

While Teft's spren is dead, dead for Invested beings can mean mostly dead, not all the way dead.

All Phendorana needs is for someone to take her to Miracle Max!

No dude. She's dead. She was Super murdered. The stormlight that composed her was destroyed by the anti stormlight. 

She's not deadeyed. She's gone. As surely as if Nightblood had killed her.