The Terris in RoW

Innovation

A Terriswoman named Axindweth (we know she is a Terriswoman because of her name and rings) gives Venli the gemstone containing Ulim. She is working with Odium, but she could be sided with the Sons of Honor. She is a Worldhopper who “left the planet” when discovered by an agent of her own kind, presumably another Terrisperson. Interestingly, a month or two ago on another thread, it is mentioned that there is a man in the prologue who wears many rings. Could this be the same man as the agent that discovered her? If so, who is he working for, and why?

Edited by Innovation

There's a man in the prologue with many rings who is a steward, and then later in the Tower lift finds the body of an old retired steward who's been stripped of his rings and who had the red chicken (aviar?). I strongly suspect those two are the same person, and they are in fact a terrisperson.

I don't know who he's working for, but whoever it is, the Ghostbloods didn't like him.

The allegiances of these terrispeople are a good question. It sounds like there's external forces meddling in Roshar, but I don't know who they are. Maybe one of those is an agent of Harmony, and one is an agent of Trell or the Set?

Because Axindweth occupied a position close to Gavilar, as shown in Venli and Eshonai's flashbacks, I believe she must've been part of the Sons of Honor. Even if she wasn't a part of the Sons of Honor, her interactions with Gavilar indicate a kind of familiarity that no average attendant could reach. She's most likely a Feruchemist, since her rings serve as metalminds, and she outright tells Venli she has a gift for learning and speaking langauges. Sounds a heck of a lot like Feruchemical abilities to me. 

The man who discovered her in the palace, the steward Gereh, is also Terris and a Feruchemist. I think he could easily be an agent of Harmony, or associated with an organization of the Terris that's dedicated to preserving secrets. My personal theory is that he's associated with the Worldbringers, who have ties to the Rosharan Worldsingers through Hoid. It would be plausible for individuals in both groups to be Cosmere aware, given that Hoid played a part along the way. 

1 hour ago, Clarity-Art said:

Because Axindweth occupied a position close to Gavilar, as shown in Venli and Eshonai's flashbacks, I believe she must've been part of the Sons of Honor.

Given whom we know Restares to e, that is highly problematic.

Even if she wasn't a part of the Sons of Honor, her interactions with Gavilar indicate a kind of familiarity that no average attendant could reach.

She is a Feruchemist.

The man who discovered her in the palace, the steward Gereh, is also Terris and a Feruchemist. I think he could easily be an agent of Harmony, or associated with an organization of the Terris that's dedicated to preserving secrets. My personal theory is that he's associated with the Worldbringers, who have ties to the Rosharan Worldsingers through Hoid. It would be plausible for individuals in both groups to be Cosmere aware, given that Hoid played a part along the way. 

There is a large number of suggestions. The problem is that I mostly have negative comments.

Kalak being Restares means that the Sons of Honor are a sham. Why would Kalak have a voidspren delivered? Furthermore, how come the Sons of Honor all of a sudden are worldhoppers?
Now, assuming her to be a Ghostblood also is highly problematic. A Ghostblood suddenly fleeing off-world for a minor issue? That makes very little sense. They have safe houses on Roshar aplenty.
Trell (assuming Trell is not Odium) is also problematic. What is in for him? Why do Odium's dirty work?

I must conclude that she is a member of a group not known to us.

Since Mistborn Era 2 takes place between the first half of Stormlight and the back half of Stormlight, I think that Axindweth's connections to Trell could go either way. The fact that Ulim was contained in a red gemstone seems to connect to the fact that red Investiture signifies corruption, and in Era 2, Harmony describes Trell's influence as a red mist surrounding Scandrial. Axindweth could be part of a precursor organization to the Set on Scandrial, or she could be something entirely different, as you stated. It would be interesting if she appears in Wax and Wayne 4 or future Mistborn works, since it seems likely she won’t be coming back to Roshar anytime soon. 

Edited by Clarity-Art

26 minutes ago, Clarity-Art said:

Harmony describes Trell's influence as a red mist surrounding Scandrial. Axindweth could be part of a precursor organization to the Set on Scandrial, or she could be something entirely different, as you stated.

(Scadrial)

Spoiler

So the Set is worried upon Scadrial technology going out of control due to technology, but they are helping to set free Odium?

26 minutes ago, Clarity-Art said:

Either way, she’s up to no good.

No, I am sorry, but you cannot reduce the Stormlight Archive, very few things in the Cosmere indeed, into a simple good versus evil. People do not worldhop just to be evil. They need to have a motivation. She doesn't even have a mustache to twirl and adore her own eviltude.

Just now, Innovation said:

I agree. She has access to connection. Probably a Ferring but she could be a full Feruchemist. 

Indeed. But if she can manipulate Connection, you cannot draw conclusions from her relation to Gavilar. She can cause him to like and trust her by Feruchemy.

20 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

(Scadrial)

Reveal hidden contents

So the Set is worried upon Scadrial technology going out of control due to technology, but they are helping to set free Odium?

No, I am sorry, but you cannot reduce the Stormlight Archive, very few things in the Cosmere indeed, into a simple good versus evil. People do not worldhop just to be evil. They need to have a motivation. She doesn't even have a mustache to twirl and adore her own eviltude.

That was oversimplification in the moment. To be fair, since we know nothing else about her, the fact that she possessed a gemstone containing Ulim was suspicious. The fact that she gave the gemstone to Venli and heavily persuaded her to accept it also warrants some eye-narrowing. Could she have been using Feruchemy to influence Venli in that moment? And how on Roshar did she know how to appeal to Venli's desire of wanting to restore her mother's mind?