"Called It!" Thread [Support]

Child of Hodor

I can't remember whether I made any predictions (kinda took a break from the Cosmere for a year before RoW release *cough*) but I did "call it" about Testament.

Early on in the book I thought "what if Shallan's dirty secret is that she broke a bond before" and the moment Adolin met the deadeye in the market and the inkspren who took care of the deadeye said he found them "ten years ago" I was like "that's Shallan's first spren" and yay I made one correct connection *praise me*

Also does it count that I very literally said "Navani PLEASE do not create nuclear weapons under the eyes of the enemy" because that's lowkey exactly what happened.

Another thing I suspected very early on was that the spren willingly broke the bonds with the Radiants of ye olden days.
I felt it had to be some kind of a mutual understanding. I don't think, if the old Radiants were in any way similar to the new ones, that they could have just killed their own spren without their consent. Maybe the spren even were the driving force here.

Edited by Winds Alight

I called Navani being Sibling Bondsmith.

I had a discussion with someone on here about how many Radiant Spren would come back to create Radiants. That user felt the Deadeye Spren would be angry at humans. I said something along the lines that the Spren had to be complicit in becoming Deadeyes and so if they got revived they would happily bond again. So calling that the Spren chose.  Not sure on the end of that theory. 

I’d also disagreed with people that Lirin deserved a Spren and said he was more selfish and self centered which I think the book proved. 

however I was wrong on so many more things 

restares was not Redin 

Thaidakar was not Palona 

Rlain did not bond the Nightwatcher 

Bridge 4 did not all swear the 4th ideal as Kal did exploding into a unit of Shardplate

Formless was not Diagonarthis. Although I did call the deadeye cryptic as Shallan’s 

Edited by Xerun
I missed stuff

8 hours ago, GoddessIMHO said:

Why do people believe that Kelsier is proven to be Thaidihar? Does it say that in ROW and I missed it?

We find out that Thaidakar is also called "Lord of Scars" (matches Kelsier's scars), that he "Shares an affliction with the Heralds" (cognitive shadow), that he's from another planet that's not Roshar, and that Hoid slapped him around once. (Given how Hoid cannot harm anyone, and yet we've seen Hoid smack around Kelsier, that probably is definitive.)

But we didn't get the name, technically.

...on the topic of the thread, the thing that I called was that the Spren were in on the Recreance. And the obvious stuff like Kal swearing his fourth oath in this book, Navani bonding the sibling.

11 hours ago, ftl said:

We find out that Thaidakar is also called "Lord of Scars" (matches Kelsier's scars), that he "Shares an affliction with the Heralds" (cognitive shadow), that he's from another planet that's not Roshar, and that Hoid slapped him around once. (Given how Hoid cannot harm anyone, and yet we've seen Hoid smack around Kelsier, that probably is definitive.)

But we didn't get the name, technically.

Basically, we don't know for absolute certain that Kelsier is Thaidakar, but that's clearly who Brandon wants us to think he is if nothing else

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...