If you watched President Russell M. Nelson's inspiring message today(November 20), then you know that he challenged us to say one thing or person we were grateful to or for and why each day. This is the place to do it! I'll start it off for today, I guess.

I'm thankful for my friends, both virtual and physical, because of how much they lift me up and make me feel good.

#GiveThanks

@Experience wanted to be tagged.

Edited by Condensation

5 hours ago, Condensation said:

If you watched President Russell M. Nelson's inspiring message today(November 20), then you know that he challenged us to say one thing or person we were grateful to or for and why each day. This is the place to do it! I'll start it off for today, I guess.

I'm thankful for my friends, both virtual and physical, because of how much they lift me up and make me feel good.

#GiveThanks

@Experience wanted to be tagged.

Drat! You beat me to it, I was right about to make a new thread! 

Anyways, something that I’m really thankful for in my life is school. I’ve been able to attend in person a lot longer than a lot of others, and that’s been a huge blessing to me. I enjoy being there in person, with my friends, much more than staying at home and trying to focus for 7 hours a day by myself. I’m lucky to receive an education that many people aren’t able to enjoy. Thanks to all you teachers and other school workers out there! I appreciate everything that you guys do!

I am thankful for, one, this forum, really nice place to be and let out my inner Sanderson and work on my writing, and two, quarantine, because, despite all the crap that came along with it, it's saved my ass a lot and gave me lots of time to work on certain projects I have been wanting to get to.

First off, the video was beautiful. I don't get emotional over, well, anything, but I did tear up a little when he talked about his first wife. President Nelson is truly a blessing.

I am thankful for my family, for being so supportive of me.
I'm thankful for my friends, both irl and on the Shard, for putting up with me.
I'm thankful for our Church and the gospel.

Ok, I'm going to try to post on this each day for the next week, seeing as I don't use social media and this is the closest thing to it for me.

Today, I'm going to talk about... seminary. 

(For those who aren't members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints, seminary is best described as a bible study class -- though we also study other scriptures as well). Anyway, there are two main reasons that I'm grateful for seminary. 1) The knowledge I gain and the chance to feel the Holy Ghost and its promptings every single day. 2) All the amazing people that I have met because of it. There are people from our stake (for those who aren't a part of a church, a stake is just a geographical groups that members are included in) that I would have never met before if it weren't for seminary, and some of my closest friends I met at seminary. I'm thankful that I can still do seminary online, but I can't wait until we go back in person. 

18 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Drat! You beat me to it, I was right about to make a new thread! 

:) I'm so fast.

Today I'm thankful for everything that allows me to stay up late reading. Books, artificial light, awesome parents, the ability to sleep in, and a lot of other things. I'm grateful for these because it's one of my favorite things to do. The feeling of being the only one awake and reading a new book is amazing and everyone should get a chance to have it.

6 hours ago, AonEne said:

Just to be clear, this is open to non-members too, right? As a general thankfulness thread? 

I’m gonna speak on behalf of common sense here and say yes! Absolutely! 

Another thing I’m thankful for is change. Although often uncomfortable and sometimes even opposed to change, I find great comfort in the fact that bad things can and do become better. People can change and take themselves to better places, removing themselves from the bad and surrounding themselves with good. Situations can change, and suddenly something that has been stressing them out can turn into something that brings relief and comfort.

All that to say, bad things do get better, and I’m thankful because of it.

6 hours ago, AonEne said:

Just to be clear, this is open to non-members too, right? As a general thankfulness thread? 

What Truthless said. Everyone is completely welcome to post here.

For anyone who may not know, the President of our church, Russel M. Nelson, released a video on the 20th about having gratitude, especially during the current world pandemic. Though he does talk from the perspective of someone who is Christian, I think that his message can apply to everyone, whatever you believe. I went ahead and posted it below. You should totally watch it if you have the chance!

Personally, I’m grateful for my family more than anything. My parents have helped me through some super tough times, and they have been such amazing examples to me. I’m thankful for the love that they and my siblings show me, and for the person that I am because of it. 

11 hours ago, AonEne said:

I am thankful for all of you guys, and for Rhythm of War! 

Yes, of course! We'd love to have you!

Today I'm thankful for my amazing opportunities. I have wonderful education, shelter, food, water, whatever I need and most of the things I want! Not to mention all of my talents and the talents of the people around me. It makes it so that I can do so much, and it's all because of the immense love of God.

Storms, I forgot to post on here yesterday. Oh well.

I'm soooo grateful for every single person on the Shard. Yall are such amazing people, and I have no idea where I would be without the amazing experiences I have had here. (hehe, get it?). I love RPing, even if I do sometimes don't, and Sanderson Elimination, and fun status updates, and random chats, and reading peoples stories, and... just everything. Thanks for being yourselves everyone, and letting me be a (small) part of it. 

41 minutes ago, Condensation said:

I'm really thankful for libraries. I just started the Twilight series(finished book 2 last night!) and there is no way I would ever have been able to read it without the library. It's so good and I'm so glad I get to read it!

mmmm. I have that on my bookshelf, but haven't read it yet.

50 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

I’m thankful for the sun!! It’s so... magnificent. The magnitude, brightness, perfection of the sun is beautiful, and it really makes my day (literally) each time that I see the sun rise or set.

Ah, the view of a sunrise atop a mountain.