What will happen to Sja-Anat?

1stShard

What I find interesting is that the last intelligent spren she turned said something like "Thank you Mother, for my eyes" (too lazy to search actual quote). So if we take "for my eyes" literally to mean "Thank you for restoring eyes back because I was a deadeye", they Sja-Anat could play a greater role in restoring the deadeyes.

46 minutes ago, TiaOmi said:

What I find interesting is that the last intelligent spren she turned said something like "Thank you Mother, for my eyes" (too lazy to search actual quote). So if we take "for my eyes" literally to mean "Thank you for restoring eyes back because I was a deadeye", they Sja-Anat could play a greater role in restoring the deadeyes.

Restore? I have this nasty feeling that restoration is not the full truth. Why do you think, Vyre has gone incurably blind?

I didn’t catch that either. Nice.

Also of interest to me, considering that T knows Renarin’s spren is corrupted with Odium’s power, I wonder if he could influence him now? I think Rayse didn’t know this, and so wasn’t capable of said influence. 

Makes me wonder if Team Honor’s advantage of the Renarin future chasm will no longer be effective. That said, I don’t believe T knows about Rlain...

1 minute ago, Jaconis said:

Also of interest to me, considering that T knows Renarin’s spren is corrupted with Odium’s power, I wonder if he could influence him now? I think Rayse didn’t know this, and so wasn’t capable of said influence. 

How could he not? Taravangian was present when the expedition to Lasting Integrity was decided upon and Renarin's suitability discussed.

4 hours ago, 1stShard said:

So what will happen to Sja-Anat now that Mr T has become the BigO T? Mr T was aware that she was working against Odium. This would be an interesting storyline for book 5 I hope.

Was he? Well, even if not, Hoid was.

Though not that you mention it, where exactly was she? Could she have been responsible for Kaladin's red eyes?

4 hours ago, 1stShard said:

So what will happen to Sja-Anat now that Mr T has become the BigO T? Mr T was aware that she was working against Odium.

Yeah, I was starting to think through things like this as well. Raysodium already was very suspicious - basically believed, but looking for proof - that Sja-Anat was trying to break free; I don't know that Taravangian knew it so much as suspected it?

Though I guess if he knew Renarin Kholin would be key, that he may have foreseen Renarin bonding with an Enlightened Mistspren to become a future-seeing Truthwatcher that could form a dead zone in Odiumvision.

In any case, I'm afraid Renarin is in grave danger in SA5 - Vargodium will surely want to eliminate that dead zone generator, where Raysodium was somehow oblivious to it. (But he won't know about Rlain!)

1 hour ago, TiaOmi said:

I was thinking "eyes" as in "ability to see the future", but yeah, interesting if she actually revived a dead mistspren while "Enlightening" it at the same time.

Edited by robardin

31 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

How could he not? Taravangian was present when the expedition to Lasting Integrity was decided upon and Renarin's suitability discussed.

I’m confused. What are you questioning? My statement says that T knew Renarin’s spren was corrupted, but Rayse didn’t. 

3 minutes ago, Jaconis said:

I’m confused. What are you questioning? My statement says that T knew Renarin’s spren was corrupted, but Rayse didn’t. 

That Taravangian would not report that the Knights Radiant know that Glys has been altered. It is much too dangerous. He cannot know what other sources of information Odium has and there is nothing to gain by not mentioning that. And it is absolutely clear that Taravangian knew how significant Renarin is.

1 hour ago, Jaconis said:

I didn’t catch that either. Nice.

Makes me wonder if Team Honor’s advantage of the Renarin future chasm will no longer be effective. That said, I don’t believe T knows about Rlain...

I think he knows.

We know that people on Roshar generally do not trust anyone with visions of the future, and that Renarin himself often does not trust his visions. So, I'm not sure if Odium shows him a vision he's going to trust it immediately.

40 minutes ago, robardin said:

I was thinking "eyes" as in "ability to see the future", but yeah, interesting if she actually revived a dead mistspren while "Enlightening" it at the same time.

I know, me too at first, but then I was, hm, that a strange way of putting it in words... So I don't know if I am on the right path with this, but it's fun to speculate!

But yes, it can totaly refer to enlightement, since that's how Sja-Anat sees it.

1 hour ago, robardin said:

So did I; but it makes sense. Ever since the WoK there was the subtle question of "what happened to other shardblades" and if Sja Anat can help them, then her followers of some sort collecting them and them disappearing.