Renarin's Powers [Spoiler] [Discuss]

dvoraen

"Perhaps you can restore me for a short time after an Ideal is spoken near me. Everyone sees a little more clearly when a Radiant touches the Spiritual Realm..."

This is according to Ishar in what one presumes is a lucid moment of his, but the topic of this thread is about Renarin.  It seems increasingly certain that Renarin can touch the Spiritual Realm.  We see an example of this in his healing of Adolin in Oathbringer, Chapter 10:

...A pulse of Radiance washed through Adolin, and for an instant he saw himself perfected.  A version of himself that was somehow complete and whole, the man he could be.

And also in Chapter 8 of Rhythm of War:

Light exploded into the room.

Clean and white, like the light of the brighteset diamond. The light of the sun. A brilliant, concentrated purity.

Moash shied away from the light -- but a version of him, transparent and filmy, broke off and stepped toward the light instead...In it, Kaladin saw the same Moash -- but somehow standing taller, wearing a brilliant blue uniform.

Given that, and his precognition (which is -- you know -- a pretty big sign), I pose the following question:

Can Renarin render the Heralds lucid by using his abilities near or on them?

Edited by dvoraen

Honestly, I don't think the answer is as simple as that. Plenty of things touch the spiritual realm, including Dalinar's (and Ishar's) perpendicularity and highstorms, which don't seem to render Ishar lucid. It's only when a new Bondsmith is sworn (Navani), that he gets a bout of lucidity.

Now... it'd be interesting to see if this extends to someone like Kaladin, because if it does, then we might have a super long sequence in the fifth book, where to give Ishar five minutes of constant lucidity, some Radiant swears a new ideal every 30 seconds, and that would be a treat.

Edited by asmodeus

1 hour ago, asmodeus said:

Honestly, I don't think the answer is as simple as that. Plenty of things touch the spiritual realm, including Dalinar's (and Ishar's) perpendicularity and highstorms, which don't seem to render Ishar lucid. It's only when a new Bondsmith is sworn (Navani), that he gets a bout of lucidity.

Now... it'd be interesting to see if this extends to someone like Kaladin, because if it does, then we might have a super long sequence in the fifth book, where to give Ishar five minutes of constant lucidity, some Radiant swears a new ideal every 30 seconds, and that would be a treat.

Imagine if Kaladin was correct, and the windrunners were waiting on him to swear the fourth oath.

You could just have hundreds of wind runners just swearing that oath in front of Ishar one by one to give him lucidity.