Looking for a New Journey !?! Help !?!

Moriarsky

I'm an avid audio book listener.. Gone thought WOT 4 times in the last 6 years, just finished my 2nd reread of Stormlight (waiting on my hold of rhythm of war).. Gone through the majority of Brandon's works that are on audio. Any suggestions ?? I enjoy medieval era, long novels, etc 

Thank you ahead of time !!! 

3 minutes ago, Moriarsky said:

listened to lots of SYSK (stuff you should know) and some D&D podcasts.. what did you hve in mind?

I hear good things about the Magnus Archives podcast, but I've only just started listening myself. Wolf-359 is more sci-fi, but it's good, and I can vouch for that one all the way through, having kept up with it for all 60-something episodes.

Also, I'm not sure about narration, but the Mage Errant books are interesting, the Iron Druid chronicles are decently entertaining, if a little internally inconsistent, and the Aliomenti Saga by Alex Albrinck is alright. 

Will Wight's other two series, Traveller's Gate and Elder Empire, are also both supposed to be very well narrated, being done by the same person/people as Cradle.

Edited by Invocation

2 hours ago, Moriarsky said:

I'm an avid audio book listener.. Gone thought WOT 4 times in the last 6 years, just finished my 2nd reread of Stormlight (waiting on my hold of rhythm of war).. Gone through the majority of Brandon's works that are on audio. Any suggestions ?? I enjoy medieval era, long novels, etc

First off, I love WOT, especially in audiobook format. I've listened to the complete WOT 4 times too, and I shudder ever time I get to Fires of Heaven and have to suffer through Gaylin Luca's Traveling Sideshow and Menagerie. My eye twitches just thinking of his "well turned calves".

If you are ok with a more adult story, Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erickson is SO incredibly good. The first 3 books are narrated by one of the most talented audiobook narrators or all times, Ralph Lister, and the Series is truly epic, 10 books long and finished too boot. The narrator that finishes up the series is really good too, Michael Paige. There's also a prequel series, The Kharkarnus trilogy, that is really good too (but it's more ponderous and not to everybody's tastes). The first two books, Forge of Darkness and Fall of Light are done, but the third has been stalled for quite awhile but Erickson has started to work on it again.

There are many additional books in the Malazan world by Erickson's Malazan co-creator Ian Cameron Esselmont, The Novels of the Malazan Empire series and the Paths to Ascendancy series, and both series are narrated by a great narrator Jonathan Banks. 

Also, I was just finishing up book two at before Rythym of War came out, but I would highly recommend Tad William's series Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn. The narrator Andrew Wincott, is great, and the story is fantastic. It's kind of a mix between Tolkien, TH White's the Once and Future King and the Song of Ice and Fire (George RR Martin was heavily influenced by this series, and you can see a lot of the influences from MST in SOIaF, though MST is not nearly so dark).

If you are OK with a more adult story, Roy Dotrice does an amazing job narrating the first 4 books of A Song of Ice and Fire if you haven't listened to those already.

My official recommendation, if you are ok with more adult stories: Grab Garden of the Moon, the first book of Malazan Book of the Fallen.
If not, grab The Dragonbone Chair, the first book of Memory, Sorrow and Thorn (or grab them both, they're both super good).

Malazan Book of the Fallen total length over 10 books:  388 hrs 46 mins
Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn total length over 3 books:  128 hrs 51 mins

SO Funny you say that about WOT.. Im listening to them again when i'm in between books and i just started book 5 this morning.. I almost wanna Skip 6, 7, & 8 LOL

My overdrive library app doesn't have the audio version of malazan, BUT it did have Memory, sorrow, and thorn !! thank you for the suggestions, i will have to keep an eye out for Malazan!! 10 books sounds like an adventure.