Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ba-Ado-Fisherman

Who the heck is El?

8 posts in this topic

Who is this mysterious Fused, and why do I feel like they will play an enormous role in the coming books?

We know that he is a scholar who was stripped both of his rhythms and of a certain title (maybe He Who Quiets or Voice of Lights). We also know he is scary AF.

An important Fused.

Its kind of blatantly obvious he will have a role in the next book given he gives a speech to Taravangian about serving him and ruling humanity.

El is a lunatic Fused, a kin interested in Reboniel's invention. My bet is he's a former member of Nine and did something during Desolations that cost him to be stripped off his title. 

We also know that he rips out his carapace at each birth and replaces it with metal plates. Presumably for the increased armor that metal provides, but due to the nature of the various metals throughout the cosmere it would feel irresponsible not to wildly speculate about whether he has access to some unsealed metalminds, or whether his grandpa may have been a terrisman with a crustacean fetish.

2 hours ago, AirsickHighlander said:

whether his grandpa may have been a terrisman with a crustacean fetish

Can Els grandpa get a flashback sequence?

Also, El is obviously the big scary Fused. He killed Lezian, who was presented as one of the scariest ones in this book, and he basically did it just to "check" if Raboniel and Navanis discoveries worked. So I think its safe to say that he will be a big presence in at least book 5, and possibly beyond that as well. The metal-thing seems really cool too, so I hope and believe that he will appear for more than just Book 5. 

I recommend reading the epigraphs in the copppermind. It's a lot easier to see what kind of Fused he is by reading them all sequentially instead of separated by entire chapters. Really, that's the case for the epigraphs in general, I'm always excited to read them in the coppermind after the book is over. 

Air-sick theory time: he is Raboniel's once-mate.