[Gloryspren] MY ANSWER!

Mason Wheeler

1 hour ago, Nebelskind said:

That part of the scene felt almost like it was there just to answer this! Szeth didn’t even need to do that, it was just like Brandon wanted us to see it happen.

I wouldn't put it past Brandon to hear that there was interest in those events, and deliberately make sure that if there was any chance where it could happen, we would see it. Though a lot of the ending of this book raise so many more questions than were answered, and I am so excited for the next few years of furious theorising that come from this!

On 11/19/2020 at 6:51 AM, Nebelskind said:

That part of the scene felt almost like it was there just to answer this! Szeth didn’t even need to do that, it was just like Brandon wanted us to see it happen.

In story, those scenes served to reinforce Nightblood’s power. It closing the perpendicularity and denting the honorblade was needed so that when it was used to stab Rayse, there is some previous buildup. Targeted at the readers who HAVENT spent years debating all the broken things Nightblood can do. It served an important story purpose.

On 11/22/2020 at 0:12 PM, LiftIRL said:

Someone right in front of me in line in the Tel Aviv signing asked it too (my mother was planning to ask it but she asked something different) so yeah, i felt the same too when it happened! OUR RAFO HAPPENED!

it was a p cool feeling.

That was me. To add to it, Brandon pulled me aside after I asked in order to whisper off the record (since questions were being recorded) that I'd find out the answer to my question in this book and not to tell anyone.
Been sitting on it for months just waiting to see what happens.

Also yes, I finally got around to making an account here rather than lurking just so that I could write this :P

Edited by occamsrifle

1 hour ago, occamsrifle said:

That was me. To add to it, Brandon pulled me aside after I asked in order to whisper off the record (since questions were being recorded) that I'd find out the answer to my question in this book and not to tell anyone.
Been sitting on it for months just waiting to see what happens.

Also yes, I finally got around to making an account here rather than lurking just so that I could write this :P

Oh my god. reunited at last

Edited by LiftIRL

On 11/22/2020 at 1:31 PM, ftl said:

In story, those scenes served to reinforce Nightblood’s power. It closing the perpendicularity and denting the honorblade was needed so that when it was used to stab Rayse, there is some previous buildup. Targeted at the readers who HAVENT spent years debating all the broken things Nightblood can do. It served an important story purpose.

Excellent point! I didn’t realize that part of it at the time. Killing Rayse would have been out of kind of nowhere without that sort of buildup.

And, to be clear, I didn’t mind the perpendicularity thing being there like that! I just thought of the WOB before I realized the actual story reason.