A Bittersweet Goodbye (Full RoW spoilers)

I finished Rhythm of War yesterday, and was too tired oo make this thread. So today I remembered, and made it. Yay! Alright. Let's talk about Veil. I think that Shallan made a good descision to merge with Veil, even though I really liked her. Vel needed to go, and so does Radant, but it's also sad because we like them. Veil and Radiant were taking over her life, and she needed to take it beack, so good for her. At the end of Oathbringer, we heard her say that shewas worried that she couldn't survive without the other two persona's, even thought they were taking over her life. I think it was a good descision to merge with Veil, even though Mraize suggested it. 

Any thoughts on this?

Was it good or bad, in your oppinion, that Shallan merged with Veil?

Very good. Shallan progressed a lot in this book. I think her recognizing that Veil has always been her is the key advancement in her healing. I didn't count this as a level up, just because we didn't see a power up happen of any sort, but I think it's still very significant. 

On 11/18/2020 at 1:14 PM, DracostarA said:

I think it was definitely good, but am confused as to whether or not this counted as one of her 'Truths' and she's progressed on her Oaths?

Because Radiant appeared at Thaylen Fields in garnet Shardplate, I had thought that Shallan was suppressing something that represented her Fourth Ideal - but that Radiant, not Veil, was the "keeper" of that secret. And yet, Veil has dissipated but not yet Radiant. So maybe that is still the case.

22 hours ago, robardin said:

Because Radiant appeared at Thaylen Fields in garnet Shardplate, I had thought that Shallan was suppressing something that represented her Fourth Ideal - but that Radiant, not Veil, was the "keeper" of that secret. And yet, Veil has dissipated but not yet Radiant. So maybe that is still the case.

Isn't there a WoB that Shallan was (except for Jashnah) the most advanced in her oaths after WoR? So I like your idea of Radiant having her Shardplate because Shallan doens;t feel she's able to wear it herself yet.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:14 AM, DracostarA said:

I think it was definitely good, but am confused as to whether or not this counted as one of her 'Truths' and she's progressed on her Oaths?

There's another thread that is talking about this right now. I'll link it if I can find it, but the general consensus seems to be that Shallan swore her 4th oath with Testament in tWoK when she admitted she was terrified. She then bonded Pattern with the radiant oath, swore her next two truths to him, then admitting to killing Testament was her 4th oath to Pattern. So Shallan is at the 4th level with two Cryptics, where one bond is fractured but salvageable. 

Here's the post.

Edited by feruchemicalrockband
Added link

On 18.11.2020 at 7:14 PM, DracostarA said:

I am confused, how can this

Be strong.

Shallan turned, breathing out, and Stormlight exploded from her like her life’s own blood. It painted the room before her, coloring it, changing it to a lush garden. Covered in bright green vines and shalebark of pink and red.

Sanderson, Brandon. Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive) . Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle-Version. 

NOT be a progression???

I take it as granted, that Shallan now is level 5.