3 Boons 3 Vessels

Child of Hodor

8 hours ago, teknopathetic said:

I am hoping (oh gosh am I hoping) that Cultivation is not as fooled by Odivangian, and that she still has Lift as the final part of her plan. 

I doubt she is fooled, Taravangian does not have a secret philosophy he kept hidden from all, even God. He wants to "save" the Cosmere, just as he saved Karbranth. He is consistent with how he behaved as a mortal. It doesn't take the foresight of a shard to figure out how he'll behave once ascending.

The real question is if she approves. Because why else put him in position to ascend? Rayse was doomed, the power was wearing him thin and he was not handling it well. From what we know she could have easily done nothing and let Rayse fail on his own. The other shards all seem to agree, hence no help for Hoid (except Harmony who probably doesn't know better at this point).

On 2020-11-19 at 10:30 PM, Subvisual Haze said:

I feel like Cultivation's vessel might just want to finally pass beyond.  End the war, put the shards in new hands, rejoin Tanavast in the afterlife.

From what we've seen Eternal Life is wearisome in the Cosmere.  Your soul gets thin, your personality is warped to match the power, you develop peculiar insanities etc.

And lookie here, we have Lift whos’ wish was:

“I said, when everything else is going wrong, I want to be the same. I want to stay me. Not become someone else.”

Excerpt From
Rhythm of War
Brandon Sanderson
https://books.apple.com/us/book/rhythm-of-war/id1489970175
This material may be protected by copyright.

Could it be that Lift is groomed to be a shard holder who can control its shard and not be changed by its intent?