Was anyone ready for the King T bombshell? ROW SPOILERS

Elsecaller_17.5

NO i was NOT prepared at ALL for that. 

I actually wheezed. Like, some sort of Wheezing fit. I don't know what my family thought when they heard me but-
It's absolutely terrifying I am completely terrified absolutely terrified this is scary. 

Yeah- about Rayse. I can't imagine how much easier this next part would be if it were with Rayse and not Terravangian :P. welp. 

Edited by Illwei

5 hours ago, Kered said:

Put the book down for a full 5 minutes and yelled “WHAT” so loud my fiancé thought we were being robbed. 

same here. Well, I don't have a fiance, but my brother was somewhat alarmed by my violent cursing.

Taravodium gives me the screaming willies. "I can finally protect everyone... using the power of cosmic hatred. Nope, can't see that going wrong in any way!"

Do you think they're going to have to rename raysium?

Edited by Necessary Eagle

17 minutes ago, Arch1tect said:

Might as well put this here. 

Reveal hidden contents

Nightblood eats investiture. Nightblood did not eat the Shard after killing Rayse. 

Thats... interesting

I mean, Nighblood does have it's limits- Before in books he gets sleepy after eating. Rayse was a vessel, so I assume that even that leaves a lot more investiture in a person, even if the Shard is somehow separated from them. Eating Rayse, uh, especially with the circumstances I think, tired Nightblood out. 

1 minute ago, Subvisual Haze said:

Oh Cultivation you brilliant fool.

See I'm wondering if Cultivation is actually...trying to do what Odium did? and trying to use Odium to accomplish it? It...I don't see how it would make sense with her Intent, but- yeah. 

I guess Rayse was close to dying with Odium, and theoretically a controlled swap of Vessel is better than the power just being released and finding someone...like....Szeth? 

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

See I'm wondering if Cultivation is actually...trying to do what Odium did? and trying to use Odium to accomplish it? It...I don't see how it would make sense with her Intent, but- yeah. 

I guess Rayse was close to dying with Odium, and theoretically a controlled swap of Vessel is better than the power just being released and finding someone...like....Szeth? 

I'm glad we placed the most dangerous shard into the hands of an utterly amoral genius.  What could possibly go wrong.

Just now, Subvisual Haze said:

I'm glad we placed the most dangerous shard into the hands of an utterly amoral genius.  What could possibly go wrong.

technically she might have been hoping that since it was his most Empathetic/Emotional day, he would stay that way forever :P.

Edited by Illwei

2 hours ago, Subvisual Haze said:

But he was like in his stupidest / most Passionate phase of mind when he Ascended. I thought that would have somehow been reflected, but he sure sounded like Pretty Smart Taravangian afterward, didn't he? Maybe that was unforeseen by Culti?

3 minutes ago, robardin said:

But he was like in his stupidest / most Passionate phase of mind when he Ascended. I thought that would have somehow been reflected, but he sure sounded like Pretty Smart Taravangian afterward, didn't he? Maybe that was unforeseen by Culti?

I think there was a reference somewhere saying that picking up a shard expanded someone intelligence wise?

Anger + Odium + Taravangian =>

Mad + Hatred + Taravangian => Mad HatTar

Which leads to the obvious conclusion: Carroll predicted this.

Alice (Shallan) falls down a hole (chasm) and has a companion that is often mostly invisible (Pattern). Through the Looking Glass is an obvious allegory for travelling to Shadesmar.

Also, I propose Mad HatTar as an alias for Taravangian!Odium.

I'm still in shock at the ramifications.

First of all, The Diagram was ultimately part of Cultivation's plan to murder Rayse with Nightblood, then have Taravangian in place to take up the Shard.

Second, Taravangian may have read all of Hoid's memories, which should have caught him up nicely with the state of the Cosmere, and more importantly the history of the Cosmere and the Shattering.

Third, he is on a collision course with Dalinar in just ten days time

6 hours ago, Subvisual Haze said:

Cultivation had a significant impact on the person he became after he visited her. She wanted it in the hands of someone she had sculpted, instead of anyone she had not. And the sly dragon has gotten her way thus far. The only question now, what the heck is her way? Why maneuver Dalinar and Taravangian into place right as the final clash between Odium and what's-left-of-Honor?

What is she planning on happening in ten days?

Created an account here JUST BECAUSE OF THIS TWIST.

On one hand it was one of the most shocking things yet in the entire series and in a book that NEEDED to up the stakes going into Book 5 this twist 100% succeeded in making me  absolutely TERRIFIED of the implications of this.

On the other hand it came out of absolutely nowhere and I think I need to see how it plays out before being sure about it, like we've heard so much about how bad of a man Rayse was only for that to....not really matter at all?