[Spoilers Sixth of the Dusk Sequel] New weapon on First of the Sun

Alpharho

I'm pretty interested to see what dusk goes to do. Could he perhaps seek a neutral third party, like the elantrians or Nalthis folk? Provided either of them haven't picked a side. I'd love to find out there was a third party trying to resist the two opposing forces, or a band of resistance built up of different planets/people's. This reading sure gives you a lot to think about

• 2 weeks later...

RoW spoilers

Spoiler

So what if the power pack that the rosharan uses is anti investiture keyed to whichever shard they are fighting. That could be quite a weapon.

Also whose ready for nalthian cyborgs. Kalads phantoms but made of metal instead of stone.

Edited by Argent
Added spoiler tags

@KSub, please tag RoW (and Dawnshard) spoilers in the future.

I know the spoiler policy is a little weird right now, but we generally don't allow any RoW/DS spoilers outside of their dedicated board. This thread is an exception, I think, but we still want things to be tagged accordingly.

• 3 weeks later...
On 23.11.2020 at 8:00 PM, sentinel said:

seems like the voidbinding equivalent of a skybreaker. We know the SA era Skybreakers are rather different from what they would've been in other eras because of the influence of Nale, and it seems like eventually they'd go back to what they were before, but that Skybreaker-type seems far more like Nale than I'd guess of a pure skybreaker, which is why (that and the voidlight/warlight) I'm guessing voidbinding equivalent of skybreaker.

Spoiler

I think it is normal Skybreaker, but is running on Warlight, in place of normal Stormlight. So this meanOdium is still on Roshar, or even was united with Honor into single Shard, War. Combination of Stormlight and Voidlight make sence, because it Stormlight is good universal fuel, but Voidlight can last much longer.

On 25.11.2020 at 4:49 PM, LordTheodore said:

Envoyform perhaps

Can be also incorporated into armor translating fabrial. This "unnatural voice" could be also because of mechanical distortion.

On 10.01.2021 at 5:41 PM, Holy Kayak said:

I'm pretty interested to see what dusk goes to do. Could he perhaps seek a neutral third party, like the elantrians or Nalthis folk? Provided either of them haven't picked a side. I'd love to find out there was a third party trying to resist the two opposing forces, or a band of resistance built up of different planets/people's. This reading sure gives you a lot to think about

The Ones Above have some tech for life detection. It seems to me like something from Nalthis (there is no Allomantic or Feuchemical ability for this, but it is very much lifesence). This could mean Nalthis and Scadrial are in relativly good relations (trade treaty at least).

On 2/5/2021 at 5:37 AM, Bzhydack said:

The Ones Above have some tech for life detection. It seems to me like something from Nalthis (there is no Allomantic or Feuchemical ability for this, but it is very much lifesence). This could mean Nalthis and Scadrial are in relativly good relations (trade treaty at least).

We have seen fabrails that detect people but the main detection thing they use is for investiture (like allomantic bronze)

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's more likely to be Allomantic bronze because they would be able to sense the aviars, as they're invested. 

On 1/18/2021 at 9:45 PM, Argent said:

please tag RoW (and Dawnshard) spoilers in the future.

Is it weird that I've now listened to enough Shardcast that I hear @Argent 's voice speaking the words in my mind when I read this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...