Mraize and the brothers

Zelly

Rereading the preview chapters and hit 13 where Mraize is pretending to be a guardsman and is acting buddy buddy with Shallan's brothers.  And while he's in uniform, he is not really disguised.

But.....Haven't they already met him during Oathbringer?

"He said you'd know." Balat still had the haunted look that had always shadowed him.  "What's going on? How do you know people like that?"

She unfolded the letter.

It was from Mraize.

I mean I guess it could be refencing a different intimidating Ghostblood?

• 7 months later...

I assumed that Mraize never revealed his appearance to the brothers in Oathbringer. Maybe he approached them in disguise (hiding his face), or through a junior Ghostblood, or just left separate written instructions with the note for Shallan.

9 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:

Is possible they simply dont connect powerfull Ghostblood with some guardsman. Mraize is good actor, can look super normal.

Yeah, if he covered over the scars on his mouth and wore a uniform they wouldn't connect him by sight at all. It honestly might be an oversight, but there is a plausible reason they wouldn't recognize him. 

I always got the impression that Mraize wasn’t the one that brought her brothers to Urithiru, but rather he had someone else do it. So they wouldn’t have met him previously in that case. It doesn’t say that, but I thought that from when they first arrived, not just when this scene popped up.