Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UpLifted

Thinking of calling in sick to work tomorrow

4 posts in this topic

Anyone else thinking about calling in sick tomorrow so they can read RoW? I NEVER do this.... Except when OB came out but THAT'S IT!!!!

I'm weak...

I listen to audio books at work lol. Perk of not having anything to do with customer service or the public :D

This is my OOF (out of office) message at work right now: "OOF Tuesday November 17th and Wednesday November 18th to read "Rhythm of War", the 4th book in the epic fantasy series "the Stormlight Archives" by Brandon Sanderson. Technically, I will finish the book Tuesday but I will sacrifice lots of sleep for that, so I will need Wednesday to recover."

This is my auto-reply for emails: "Hello, I am out of the office Tuesday, November 17th and Wednesday, November 18th. I will be reading "Rhythm of War", the fourth book in the epic fantasy series "the Stormlight Archive" by Brandon Sanderson.

[product_name]: [tech_lead_name]
Stormlight Archive chat: ping me on Teams [my_work_alias]
All other concerns: [manager_name]"

Edited by CaptainRyan

I'm in high school and it's online right now because of the virus, so I can't even take the day off because it's on the computer and I'm at home anyways. I might try to read during class, but we'll see if I can manage that. I got in trouble in middle school because my teacher caught me reading Oathbringer the day it was released, so this might end up being a similar situation. I'm praying it's not...but Stormlight is too tempting. I just gotta be stealthy about it and hopefully not get caught.