Rhythm of War Part Four Reactions

Chaos

I just started it. And I mean just started it. I read the first word of the part three interludes and I’m already freaking out. Szeth-son-Honor. 

Szeth-son-Honor

AHAJSNAKKSKA Szeth is too pure for this world I cannot handle it. 

On 10.12.2020 at 7:19 AM, Hentient said:

I just started it. And I mean just started it. I read the first word of the part three interludes and I’m already freaking out. Szeth-son-Honor. 

Szeth-son-Honor

AHAJSNAKKSKA Szeth is too pure for this world I cannot handle it. 

Right??? In RoW, Szeth finally grew on me. I liked his character before, but he scared me. He literally scared me, which hasn't happened with book characters in a long time. I feel like I can connect to him now, and am looking forward to SA 5. AHHHH

I was surprised at how tired I was with Venli. I found her past chapters interesting information-wise, but not intriguing, and when I read that she could have tried to stop Szeth, and thus spare him and Bridge 4 and countless civilians a lot, I was mostly tired. Same for Nale, who would have acted differently if he wasn’t his weird Skybreaker ideal. But Brandon is awesome in writing stories in which one chain of events leads to another, and without a bad decision here, the characters would never have gotten there. Probably. So, I am curious to see what comes.

Oh I was mind-blown by what the Rythm of War actually was! That is epic!! Also, I started to like Gavilar again. The way I „like“ Taravangian I guess. I feel closer to them and see them more as people than as villains the more I get to know about them.  Jasnah also grew on me on this part. I liked her well enough, but found her character never remarkable until now that we learn more about her thoughts and struggles.

There goes my conviction that Venli wrote Rythm of War, too, haha.

Edited by Wind_Breaker

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 6:20 PM, Wind_Breaker said:

Right??? In RoW, Szeth finally grew on me. I liked his character before, but he scared me. He literally scared me, which hasn't happened with book characters in a long time. I feel like I can connect to him now, and am looking forward to SA 5. AHHHH

I was surprised at how tired I was with Venli. I found her past chapters interesting information-wise, but not intriguing, and when I read that she could have tried to stop Szeth, and thus spare him and Bridge 4 and countless civilians a lot, I was mostly tired. Same for Nale, who would have acted differently if he wasn’t his weird Skybreaker ideal. But Brandon is awesome in writing stories in which one chain of events leads to another, and without a bad decision here, the characters would never have gotten there. Probably. So, I am curious to see what comes.

Oh I was mind-blown by what the Rythm of War actually was! That is epic!! Also, I started to like Gavilar again. The way I „like“ Taravangian I guess. I feel closer to them and see them more as people than as villains the more I get to know about them.  Jasnah also grew on me on this part. I liked her well enough, but found her character never remarkable until now that we learn more about her thoughts and struggles.

There goes my conviction that Venli wrote Rythm of War, too, haha.

I’ll admit, I didn’t actually read this till now cause I was scared about part 4 spoilers. But, I mean I’m done with the book now so that’s not a worry any longer :P Also I don’t trust myself to respond because I was so bleary eyed and sleep deprived when I finished part 4 that I don’t fully think I can separate part 4 and 5 at this point. BUT, I agree with everything!

Im so so so so excited to see more Szeth!!

Oh I will say how surprised I was to actually enjoy the navani chapters, in all parts but especially 4. Everytime I got to one I’d kinda sigh and just think “let’s get this over with” but then when I finished I’d love it. Yeah. That’s all I trust myself to say. But I loved part 4 :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Jofwu unpinned this topic