Ello!!

BookDragon09

Hi Everyone! New person here! I just started reading Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive series this year! Skyward was the only Brandon Sanderson book I had read before this but let me tell you, I'm in love with the Stormlight Archive World! It's become one of my top three favorite series! I'm only on Words of Radiance at the moment. I'm less than 200 pgs form finishing before I start Oathbringer! Think I can finish it before Nov.23???

(That's when my copy of Rhythm of War arrives) 

Just now, BookDragon09 said:

Hi Everyone! New person here! I just started reading Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive series this year! Skyward was the only Brandon Sanderson book I had read before this but let me tell you, I'm in love with the Stormlight Archive World! It's become one of my top three favorite series! I'm only on Words of Radiance at the moment. I'm less than 200 pgs form finishing before I start Oathbringer! Think I can finish it before Nov.23???

Welcome to the Shard! I'm glad that you're liking the Stormlight Archive! It's also one of my favorite series' too! Who is your favorite character in the SA (Stormlight Archive) right now? 

18 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Welcome to the Shard! I'm glad that you're liking the Stormlight Archive! It's also one of my favorite series' too! Who is your favorite character in the SA (Stormlight Archive) right now? 

Currently, I have three favorites (I honestly, cannot choose one).

Kaladin is the first because I truly connect to his character. I love his ideas of honor, his resolution, the instinct to protect. Most of all, I love the loyalty he shows to Dalinar and Bridge Four. His character focus in The Way of Kings, going from a broken man to a reforged leader, made me push through the book in three days!

Wit is my second because I cannot get enough of his cryptic, hilarious jabs and breath-taking stories! (When he visited Kaladin in the prison, I had chillllss.) He gives off a quirky persona but I know his character has a lot of potential for becoming one of the most powerful characters in the story (I'm hoping). If you've read Dragonlance, I cannot help picturing Fizban!

Finally, Dalinar was (and is) my all-time-no-competition favorite because of his honor and loyalty to the codes. I especially loved him in Way of Kings. He gave strong Uncle Iroh vibes (mixed with a canky, no nonense attitude similair to Cobb from Skyward). I didn't really see too much of him in Words of Radiance, except in the beginning some which disappointed me but I hope to see more of him in Oathbringer!!

Edited by BookDragon09

1 minute ago, BookDragon09 said:

Currently, I have three favorites (I honestly, cannot choose one).

Kaladin is the first because I truly connect to his character. I love his ideas of honor, his resolution, the instinct to protect. Most of all, I love the loyalty he shows to Dalinar and Bridge Four. His character focus in The Way of Kings, going from a broken man to a reforged leader, made me push through the book in three days!

Wit is my second because I cannot get enough of his cryptic, hilarious jabs and breath-taking stories! (When he visited Kaladin in the prison, I had chillllss.) He gives off a quirky persona but I know his character has a lot of potential for becoming one of the most powerful characters in the story (I'm hoping). If you've read Dragonlance, I cannot help picturing Fizban!

Finally, Dalinar was (and is) my all-time-no-competition favorite because of his honor and loyalty to the codes. I especially loved him in Way of Kings. He gave strong Uncle Iroh vibes (mixed with a canky, no nonense attitude similair to Cobb from Skyward). I didn't really see too much of him in Words of Radiance, except in the beginning some which disappointed me but I hope to see more of him in Oathbringer!!

And those three are probably my three favorites too. 
Wit is the best. If you read all the cosmere books, then you should research Hoid. He’s also a cool character. You’ll know what I mean. Dalinar is great. And Kaladin. Everyone Brandon writes are just so Storming amazing!!!

Just now, Bearer of all agonies said:

And those three are probably my three favorites too. 
Wit is the best. If you read all the cosmere books, then you should research Hoid. He’s also a cool character. You’ll know what I mean. Dalinar is great. And Kaladin. Everyone Brandon writes are just so Storming amazing!!!

The fact that I have started using Brandon Sanderson's diction from the Stormlight World in real life should say something for my adoration for this series XD! But, in all honesty, I tend to do that a lot anyways if I'm truly into a series. I haven't read Mistborn yet but I'm hoping to get ahold of a copy for Final Empire. I know from a bit of research a lot of people recommended that I read that first but the plot preview for Way of Kings captured my attention I had to start it! 

Also......l'm so tempted to look at the memes thread you have but I'm terrified of spoilers! I've already been spoiled for the love interest for Shallan WHICH I AM UNHAPPY ABOUT! I'm mad because that is not who I wanted and for the fact that if was spoiled on purpose to me.....just storming freaking amazing right????? (tears) 

anywho....I didn't ask how far you were in the series so I didn't say the name....if you know......do you disagree or agree with that arrangment???(If you do, I'll keep an open mind, if you don't agree...welcome to the club XD)

6 minutes ago, BookDragon09 said:

The fact that I have started using Brandon Sanderson's diction from the Stormlight World in real life should say something for my adoration for this series XD! But, in all honesty, I tend to do that a lot anyways if I'm truly into a series. I haven't read Mistborn yet but I'm hoping to get ahold of a copy for Final Empire. I know from a bit of research a lot of people recommended that I read that first but the plot preview for Way of Kings captured my attention I had to start it! 

Also......l'm so tempted to look at the memes thread you have but I'm terrified of spoilers! I've already been spoiled for the love interest for Shallan WHICH I AM UNHAPPY ABOUT! I'm mad because that is not who I wanted and for the fact that if was spoiled on purpose to me.....just storming freaking amazing right????? (tears) 

anywho....I didn't ask how far you were in the series so I didn't say the name....if you know......do you disagree or agree with that arrangment???(If you do, I'll keep an open mind, if you don't agree...welcome to the club XD)

Yeah, there are a lot of spoilers in the meme section. I have posted lots of memes there, but usually they are in a spoiler box with a warning. If you read All of the Mistborn books and Stormlight ones you’ll be good. 

3 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Yeah, there are a lot of spoilers in the meme section. I have posted lots of memes there, but usually they are in a spoiler box with a warning. If you read All of the Mistborn books and Stormlight ones you’ll be good. 

I haven't read either entirely but I will make sure to catch them after I do!

6 hours ago, BookDragon09 said:

Abso-freaking-lutely. Go, annihilate that book, champ!

Welcome to the Shard! A book dragon wowza. Do you ever have difficulty lighting your books on fire as you try to read or is it pretty manageable? Always been curious of that for dragons :P We are delighted to have another new person come join us!

I would give you a maybe on the memes thread. A pretty good job of keeping things in spoiler boxes is done but some stuff still gets out. Might wait for now but definitely worth checking out soon! Would so agree with Honorless here, you got that timing Dalinar style and all! :P

Oh and itty bitty tippity whippity mods prefer if you don't double post. You can tap the plus icon on mutliple peoples posts to quote them all at once in one super post! Who has been your favorite Spren so far?

17 hours ago, Scout_Fox said:

Welcome to the Shard! A book dragon wowza. Do you ever have difficulty lighting your books on fire as you try to read or is it pretty manageable? Always been curious of that for dragons :P We are delighted to have another new person come join us!

I would give you a maybe on the memes thread. A pretty good job of keeping things in spoiler boxes is done but some stuff still gets out. Might wait for now but definitely worth checking out soon! Would so agree with Honorless here, you got that timing Dalinar style and all! :P

Oh and itty bitty tippity whippity mods prefer if you don't double post. You can tap the plus icon on mutliple peoples posts to quote them all at once in one super post! Who has been your favorite Spren so far?

Magical wards placed around the books make them fire resistant (of course, I forget to cast them sometimes and one particular joke in WOR crisped my blanket, but that's fine as long as the book is okay :P) Also new to the system, dragons don't use to much technology bc its disturbs the magical-old-world-scrolls-and-caverns asethetic so I didn't know about the double posting, sorryyy :unsure:

(Warning: small spoils below for WOR)

I love the gloryspren and windspren (when it comes to normal spren) and between Patten, Ivory, Wyndle, and Syl.... I gotta say I love Pattern bc of his ability to grasp new concepts and insults reminds me of Spock or Sheldon Cooper :lol:. Also, I like the way he interacts with Shallan.

I just finished Words of Radiance today and omg.............no words........actually, a whole freaking bunch of words!!! To avoiding spoiling anything extremely big for anyone, I'll just say that the plot twists blew me out of the water in the last 100 or so pages and THANK THE HEAVENS for the last part bc I was waiting for that event to happen FOR FREAKING EVER!!! (if you don't know what I'm talking about, hint: scouting character the chalk)

Also thanks for the tip on how to add multiple people to a post :D

On 11/16/2020 at 9:28 PM, Bearer of all agonies said:

Hey, I don’t mean to criticize, but I just want to let you know that you shouldn’t double post, aka posting twice in a row. It’s all good, just try not to do it again. 

Sorry, I'm a bit new to the system and didn't know :unsure: but will try not to do it again. whoops. :blink:

1 hour ago, BookDragon09 said:

Magical wards placed around the books make them fire resistant (of course, I forget to cast them sometimes and one particular joke in WOR crisped my blanket, but that's fine as long as the book is okay :P) Also new to the system, dragons don't use to much technology bc its disturbs the magical-old-world-scrolls-and-caverns asethetic so I didn't know about the double posting, sorryyy :unsure:

I love the gloryspren and windspren (when it comes to normal spren) and between Patten, Ivory, Wyndle, and Syl.... I gotta say I love Pattern bc of his ability to grasp new concepts and insults reminds me of Spock or Sheldon Cooper :lol:. Also, I like the way he interacts with Shallan.

I just finished Words of Radiance today and omg.............no words........actually, a whole freaking bunch of words!!!

Ahhhh magical wards ofc that makes total sense! I knew there was something I was missing! :P Oof and well good the book remained alright, is there a spell in the magical old world scrolls that can remind you to place the wards? Would seem mighty convenient. And not using technology except for extreme instances such as the Shard makes total sense absolutely no worries! Gotta keep that vibe for sure!

Yknow I totally hadn't thought about how much Pattern resembles Spock in the way he processes things you are so right! That monotone droll when trying to understand an insult or joke is sooo similar you are so right. Excellent observation!

Oh and yes, so yes! I don't know if it will hold after RoW but so far WoR is my favorite in the series! And the ending... beautiful!! :D Oh and absolutely no worries abut the double post happens to everyone and that's one of the things we are here for! Hope you enjoy the Shard!

9 hours ago, BookDragon09 said:

(Warning: small spoils below for WOR)

I just finished Words of Radiance today and omg.............no words........actually, a whole freaking bunch of words!!! To avoiding spoiling anything extremely big for anyone, I'll just say that the plot twists blew me out of the water in the last 100 or so pages and THANK THE HEAVENS for the last part bc I was waiting for that event to happen FOR FREAKING EVER!!! (if you don't know what I'm talking about, hint: scouting character the chalk)

Also thanks for the tip on how to add multiple people to a post :D

Sorry, I'm a bit new to the system and didn't know :unsure: but will try not to do it again. whoops. :blink:

No, it’s all good. Just try not to do it again. 

On 17/11/2020 at 3:38 AM, BookDragon09 said:

Great time to start Stormlight archive! 
I am getting my copy of RoW on 23rd as well. 
I wish I had OB to distract me! But I have read it so many times. 
but I guess I might re read it just to pass time! And refresh my memory

My favourite book so far is OB let us see if RoW can change that!