Wax and Lessie

TalFidelis

Ok, so I'm re-reading Wax and Wayne, and I feel like I missed something about half-way through. Obviously, I know about Lessie and Wax - but the first reference I recall seeing of them being married is halfway through Shadows of Self when Marasi thinks, "Why else would Bleeder be parading around the city wearing the body of the man who had killed Waxillium's wife?"

I checked the Coppermind and it says they were married, but there is no source referenced confirming that. The Lessie article has no sources at all. And the Waxillium article references the Shadows of Self Prologue which covers their meeting, but not getting married (though the connection between them is clearly obvious by the end of the prologue). 

I did a search of my kindle edition of the trilogy and can find nothing saying they were married (but a Kindle search isn't very flexible).

Can someone point me to a passage in either Alloy of Law or Shadows of Self, before Marasi's thought above, indicating they were married?

7 hours ago, Weltall said:

Would you be surprised if I said there's actually a detailed WoB on this topic?

Ok. Again, that’s cool (and I’ll update the Coppermind with references later) but that’s still after Marasi mentions it in SoS. 
At least I’m not crazy that it wasn’t mentioned before then. How did she know?

3 minutes ago, Empress Stick said:

Marasi was well established to have extensively read up on Wax and his compatriots, including Lessie. It'd be a bit odd if she didn't know, imo

Ok. Good point. But am I the only one who finds it odd that her comment is the first acknowledgement of it. Even before Wax confirms “on screen” so to speak in BoM?

And I’m really just looking for confirmation that I didn’t miss something before that moment. I’m reading closely looking for all the Cosmere stuff and felt like I missed something. 

• 2 years later...

Not exactly clearly stated but in AoL chapter 2 during a conversation with his staff there's this 

Miss Grimes considered any unmarried man to be a child—which was terribly unfair, considering that she had never married. He refrained from speaking to her about Lessie; most of his family back in the city hadn’t known about her.

I read that as he was married but doesn't bring it up with anyone. There really was no other reason to include anything about Lessie there otherwise.

Edited by Blenderhead