What would happen if a Sleepless went through a Perpendicularity?

Ghanderflaffle

they would most likely lose contact with the rest of the swarm if only part of their hordelings went into another realm.

Brandon said  the Hordelings left behind would start to act independently, but i dont know if it would be enough to become a sleepless.(probably depends on how many are left behind and if they are already in contact)

heres a WoB on the subject 

Hoiditthroughthegrapevine

If a Dysian Aimian had the Elsecaller honorblade, could just a single hordeling transition to the Cognitive Realm? 'Cause I think I've heard that a person couldn't just transition a single part of their body.

Brandon Sanderson

They could transition a single hordeling, but as it works right now, they would probably lose contact with the host and would become broken-off and no longer part of the hive. It's not truly a hive. But it would be like of your finger got cut off and sent to-- something like that. It would start acting independently.

Hoiditthroughthegrapevine

So would you have to have the preponderance of the Dysian Aimian transition to the Cognitive Realm? And the ones that stayed in the Physical Realm would be cut off?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah. It would be bad for half-and-half to go. Let's say that, one thing that they would love to be able to do is to have a little more versatility there. Let's just say that.

Skyward Seattle signing (Nov. 10, 2018)

Edited by Eternal Khol