New to the fansites

jorgederoma

I have been reading brandon for many years but I didnt know there were fansites. I used reddit and I know Brandon goes there sometimes and read some of us. I love how he treats his fans and generally everything he does.

I am higly expecting RoW and I hope I will love this site. It is great to know there are so many Sanderson lovers!!!!!

I'll love any tips for the fansite!!!

Edited by jorgederoma

Welcome to the Shard! Don't be shy about obsessing over the smallest details or asking questions if you need any help! Enjoy!

Just read the Code of Conduct 

You'll get used to the features as you hang around. The basics are reporting offensive posts to the moderators, which you can do by clicking the little grey flag icon over posts.

You have the option to hide your own threads by clicking the Moderation Actions tab, it's right at the top of the page.

You can hide individual posts by clicking options, it's at the bottom of the posts, beside quote and edit

You can follow, message or see all activity of a member by clicking on their profile, it's the blue icons, in that order. Profiles contain the above-mentioned three icons, post count & joined on, reputation (no. of upvotes and a title based on total no. of upvotes received), about section, recent profile visitors, below all that is a tab that says Activity, click that to switch to About Me, Blogs or if the member is an artist, their Albums!

You can put all that in your own profile by going to Account > Account Settings > Edit Profile.

You can follow a thread, the option to do so will be at the bottom of the page. Reputation or upvotes are at the bottom right of every post.

And that's that! 

Edited by Honorless

You can also quote people by hitting the quote button, the little plus button if you're quoting multiple people, or highlighting what you want to quote (if you're on mobile). You can also mention people by typing @[insert name here] @Ghanderflaffle. People will get a notification if you do either of these.

Anyways, welcome! If you could punt one character to mars which would it be?

Welcome to the Shard! man if you haven't been on the fanzine you've been missing out, so happy to have you join us!

If you've been reading for years then this is the perfect time to join! Getting in right on time :D We are so with you on the loving his work and the extreme excitement for RoW! Great to have another Sanderson lover join our ranks and so hope you enjoy the Shard as well!

What was the first book in the Cosmere that you read and do you wish you had started elsewhere? And man for tips Honorless and Ghander nailed it!