Giving all characters Spren

Aspiring Writer

Okay, so in this thread, we are basically going to take any character and try to guess what Spren Bond would fit them most. This can be any character anywhere, including dead ones. And yes, you count Kelsier as a Spren for funsies. 

My addition is Elend and the Stormfather because.... come on, it fits. Elend is possibly the most honorable character in all the Cosmere, giving up his power when he could lie and keep it or take military control and had to basically be forced to take back the reigns. The Stormfather and he would get along great.

Edited by Aspiring Writer

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
5 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Okay, so in this thread, we are basically going to take any character and try to guess what Spren Bond would fit them most. This can be any character anywhere, including dead ones. And yes, you count Kelsier as a Spren for funsies. 

My addition is Elend and the Stormfather because.... come on, it fits. Elend is possibly the most honorable character in all the Cosmere, giving up his power when he could lie and keep it or take military control and had to basically be forced to take back the reigns. The Stormfather and he would get along great.

Vin would likely be a Lightweaver, very similar to Shallan 

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

Vin? She's not an artist though. Lightweaver tend to be creative.

Vin is quite creative when it comes to killing people, war is a art

23 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Lift...bonding Kell. Not because it's a particularly good fit or anything...I just think it'd be funny.

I think their relationship would be similar to Kell and Vin, except Lift might distrust Kell more and Kell would laugh at Lift more. Or just be confused.

Elend is such a Bondsmith. Vin would be Dustbringer. Kelsier is Willshaper, he can also be a Bondsmith by sheer charisma. Wax Skybreaker, Wayne Lightweaver, Marasi Truthwatcher, Steris Elsecaller. Sazed, I think Edgedancer. Marsh would be Stoneward, I guess. TenSoon would be Skybreaker. Breeze could be Lightweaver, same with Ham & Allrianne. Clubs maybe Windrunner, possibly Stoneward. Spook could be a Windrunner too. 

Kelsier Bonding someone on Roshar would be hilarious, where's that fic? Wait... here you go: https://archiveofourown.org/works/20694752/chapters/49156421

Vivenna would also be Lightweaver, I think. Vasher would be like "go away, stupid spren, I'm done with this crem" probably to Truthwatcher spren. Siri would be Willshaper, I guess. Lightsong could be a Lightweaver.

Raoden is also very Bondsmith. Sarene would be Elsecaller. Hrathen could be Elsecaller or Truthwatcher or Windrunner. Karata would've been a Windrunner. Galladon maybe Elsecaller. All of Raoden's former co-conspirators and Sarene's new allies in Arelon are Truthwatcher material. 

Kenton, I'm thinking Willshaper again. Khriss could've been an Elsecaller. Shai could be a Lightweaver, Elsecaller or Truthwatcher. Dusk could be an Elsecaller, so could Vathi in addition to Truthwatcher. Silence... err... Elsecaller, Willshaper, Stoneward.

Edited by Honorless
odd spacing

Vin: Windrunner, Edgedancer

Ham: Windrunner, Stoneward, Dustbringer

Clubs: Stoneward, Lightwevers, Willshaper

Breeze: Lightweaver

Sazed: Elsecaller, Truthwatchers

Dock: Elesecaller, Skybreakers

Kelsier: Elsecaller, Bondsmith, Skybreakers 

I chose the order of skybreakers for Kel and Dock because they both pursue the goal of freeing the skaa in a fanatical and ruthless way. Just like Nin and Szeth do, who obey their code of conduct by putting the morality of their actions on the back burner.

23 hours ago, Honorless said:

Kelsier Bonding someone on Roshar would be hilarious, where's that fic? Wait... here you go: https://archiveofourown.org/works/20694752/chapters/49156421

I never understood how much I needed Cosmere fanfics until now, thank you. 

Also, can we add in non-Cosmere characters? Cuz if so I would like to add Prof as a Windrunner

Kell: Lightweaver or Willshaper. Possibly Stoneward (he’s certainly stubborn enough) or Dustbringer (though I’m not sure how much he’d care for the whole ‘self-mastery’ thing). He’s not rational enough for the Elsecallers nor honorable enough for Windrunners. He definitely isn’t one for any laws but his own, so no Skybreakers, and he’s a neurological psychopath which eliminates Edgedancers by default. He’s not a Truthwatcher and he would make a terrible Bondsmith.

Elend: Bondsmith or Truthwatcher. Possibly Windrunner, especially early on.

Vin: Windrunner, Edgedancer, possibly Lightweaver, Dustbringer or Stoneward.

Saze: Truthwatcher or Bondsmith. Maybe Edgedancer.

Tindwyl: Elsecaller.

Marsh: Skybreaker, Windrunner or Lightweaver. Possibly Elsecaller.

Breeze: Lightweaver. Alriane gets this one, too.

Clubs: Stoneward or Windrunner

Ham: Truthwatcher or Elsecaller. But I’d suspect the former.

Spook: Willshaper or Dustbringer. Later on in life: Bondsmith.