Favorite and least favorite

My favorite series is definitely the Stormlight Archive. I like SA the most because of the insane amount of world building, magic systems, and characters. I don think I have a least favorite. The magic system I like the best is. . . Probably the ones on Roshar. Lashings and Stormlight. I like them the most because I have always loved flying, and with lashings I could fly. 

17 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

My favorite series is definitely the Stormlight Archive. I like SA the most because of the insane amount of world building, magic systems, and characters. I don think I have a least favorite. The magic system I like the best is. . . Probably the ones on Roshar. Lashings and Stormlight. I like them the most because I have always loved flying, and with lashings I could fly. 

Awesome. The magic system in Roshar is amazing

7 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Mistborn for me, especially Era 1, because I love the sense of history from it, all the little tidbits and the tiny clues. My favorite magic system is Feruchemy, because I'd love to be able to store things up and then use them later. It just seems like the most useful for me.

Mistborn was my first and I loved it. The discovery of Feruchemy was mind blowing to me. Transversely, I was devastated by Hemalurgy.

10 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Mistborn for me, especially Era 1, because I love the sense of history from it, all the little tidbits and the tiny clues. My favorite magic system is Feruchemy, because I'd love to be able to store things up and then use them later. It just seems like the most useful for me.

I also love Mistborn, as it is a classic, and I love it. Wow. That was weird. 
HoA spoilers

Spoiler

Also, the HoA ending was too amazing. 

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

12 minutes ago, Leafygeans said:

Transversely, I was devastated by Hemalurgy.

Ironically, I kind of liked that Hemalurgy was there. Allomancy and Feruchemy both seemed a little tame (and I'm not fond of things having only two balancing forces, I much prefer trinities). But yeah, the reveals born of Hemalurgy though...those hit like a skydiving elephant.

12 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

HoA spoilers

You are correct!

Spoiler

The flower field...their bodies holding hands...the sadness of Sazed that he couldn't help them live again...it was the only thing I've ever read in any book that has actually made me get that near to tears.

2 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Ironically, I kind of liked that Hemalurgy was there. Allomancy and Feruchemy both seemed a little tame (and I'm not fond of things having only two balancing forces, I much prefer trinities). But yeah, the reveals born of Hemalurgy though...those hit like a skydiving elephant.

You are correct!

Hide contents

The flower field...their bodies holding hands...the sadness of Sazed that he couldn't help them live again...it was the only thing I've ever read in any book that has actually made me get that near to tears.

Yeah. . . It. . . made me (almost) cry. 

On 11/15/2020 at 6:47 PM, Invocation said:

You are correct!

Reveal hidden contents

In my first read of Mistborn, I felt a little sad, but as I read it now I recognize what a devastating and depressing world they live in. And the fact that they found live and happiness in each other is just... So encouraging and bolstering to me. I definitely have stronger feelings overall, about the Gen 1 MB trilogy now, than I did on my first read. *sniff*

Edited by Leafygeans

Favorite is Mistborn easily. It was the first series that got me into Sanderson, the series I'm always excited about, and the one that has the most potential going forward. 

My least favorite...probably Legion. I liked the first two Legion novellas, but I really didn't like how the third wrapped everything up.