The original Vessels cannot be Dawnshards

KandraAllomancer

Why? Because they made a binding Oath that none of them would pick up a Dawnshard.

That makes a lot of sense: they were about to kill Adonalsium with them and knew how powerful they are. There were sixteen of them and just four Dawnshards; clearly some of them would end up with an extremely unfair advantage over others if they didn't decide to never use them again. It would also explain why Honor and Cultivation apparently didn't use them against Odium directly (I think the Oathpact might have Dawnshardic origin though). If this post turns out to be significant, then another Dawnshard might be on Scadrial (Leras did mention a buried weapon in the Secret History...) and, once again, it wasn't used against Ruin.

If that is the case, then Odium cannot be a Passion Dawnshard as I previously suspected; it would, however, provide an explanation for him being terrified of Dalinar Ascending at the end of Oathbringer, as he could possibly combine Honor's Investiture with a Dawnshard (Unity?) now

The one remaining question would be if Autonomy's Avatars can become Dawnshards; if so (which I think is believable) then they would be an excellent villain for the space-era Cosmere