[insert funny greeting pun here]

Mystic Syn

Well... I'm here now, so let's get this introduction started even though no one will look at this or even care about what I say, lol.

Happy Calamity, everyone! I hope that your natural destructions are going well, and let's not forget about the politics that is plaguing the world right now but we don't want to talk about that. *sighs, then looks at the burning country that I live in* Man, I love America when it gets it's knickers in a twist about which old guy should be in charge. :) Anyways enough about the country that is currently burning, more about who I am and what the heck I'm doing here.

As you have read the name, I go by Mystic here (don't think about that last name too much for all of you religious folk) and I am female, so y'all don't ask me about that later even though I know that you will since only me, myself, and I will be the only ones reading this. I was brought here due to some friends who suggested that I check this place out because of the lore and the role-playing that happens here. Yes, I write and role-play, but it's been a hot second since I've last role-played so I apologize for if I'm not the best at the moment. As you probably have guessed, I do write. Since I am taking college classes this quarter and the next, I haven't had the time to more fully write whatever is going on in my head. However, I've always had the chance to either draw or to sketch out whatever weird or fantastic idea may be in my head that I don't want to write but to draw. You probably won't see any of those drawings since I am constrained to traditional art, because I don't have the proper materials to do digital yet. You probably won't seen them because I don't want to show any of them here, until I'm more comfortable here and with sharing whatever I may have on me at the moment. I also play the piano, a favorite pastime that I do to get out of doing schoolwork for at least thirty minutes. Another thing that I enjoy doing when I don't have any schoolwork that I'm drowning in is playing video games, either multiplayer or by myself. But why would I be here if I hadn't read any of Sanderson's books? (Yes, I have. It's a joke, I do that). I enjoy reading a Sanderson book whenever I have the time to just settle down from every day life and delve into his worlds or into my own imagination. I also enjoy any well written television show, such as Star Wars: The Clone Wars or Avatar: The Last Airbender, but there are also some childhood shows that I will watch just because I want to feel nostalgia or just to have a good laugh. Another thing about me before we get this party started, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, so watch what you say around me or I will politely ask you not to say that to me again.

Honestly, I think that I came here because of the role-play, but I hope that I will have a good time being here and getting to know you all. That's enough about who I am as a weirdo and a geek. If y'all have any questions of exactly how weird I am or just questions in general, feel free to ask and hopefully I will remember that i have an account here and will respond to you.

3 minutes ago, The Storming Stormfather said:

Welcome to the storming Shard, @Mystic Syn! If you were to befriend any of Brandon's characters, who would you chose?

Ahhhh, that's kind of hard. But after careful consideration, meaning the first character I thought of, probably Shallan. Kind of mainstream, but yeah, lol.

12 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

@Mystic Syn, if you were to force a character into apple bobbing, which character would it be and why?

Strange question, but I'll try my best. I'm not sure who I would pick tbh, because I'm too nice of a person to do something like that, idk, lol. I don't think that I would pick anyone. Sorry for the stupid and boring answer my dude, lol.

4 minutes ago, I Am A Fish said:

Hello, and Welcome to the Shard!

What's/Who's your favorite Sanderson character/magic system?

I really can't choose any magic system, because they're all so creative and well done. I'm really not sure to choose for a favorite character either, but it would either be Marasi or Shallan.

Welcome to the Shard Mystic! We are delighted to have you make an introduction so we can get you properly welcomed (and ofc I'ma read it don't be silly :P)!

Burning country, natural destruction, and old guys in charge. Seems pretty accurate :D I shall do my best to not ask you your gender later because I have read this and will totally absolutely remember with... my rock solid... uh... wait what were we talking about here?

Lols so awesome you have friends that actually suggested the Shard to you they are most definitely keepers! We most definitely have a very active role play community here so you will fit right in! Let me know if you want me to ping anyone to help you get started. Writing, drawing, and fantastic ideas sound perfect. Even if you aren't digital yet would still love to see some of your art once you get more comfy!

I can totally feel you on the pianoing (just making up words here don't mind me) to get out of other boring work. And videogames too all the way. Yes life does most definitely have a way of taking us off of these with all these "important activities" though I feel you on the drowning in work. Which games do you play most?

And wow yes so agreed Sanderson is excellent for just bringing you down out of normal life and into something amazing. SO agree on Clone Wars and ATLA as well wow you're liking copying my interests exactly!  :D What did you think of the final Clone Wars season? Personally I feel they should have done a couple more seasons but hopefully the pick that vibe up with The Bad Batch and some more. And yes going back on old shows now is just like ooh the nostalgia lol.

We have a whole bunch of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on here as well so you will fit right in! We look forward to getting to know you as well! Weirdos and geeks make the most interesting people and you are most definitely not alone on here. How would you rate your weirdness on a scale from elephant to flamingo? Most definitely hope you remember your account so we can see you around more! Welcome again!

3 hours ago, Scout_Fox said:

Welcome to the Shard Mystic! We are delighted to have you make an introduction so we can get you properly welcomed (and ofc I'ma read it don't be silly :P)!

Burning country, natural destruction, and old guys in charge. Seems pretty accurate :D I shall do my best to not ask you your gender later because I have read this and will totally absolutely remember with... my rock solid... uh... wait what were we talking about here?

Lols so awesome you have friends that actually suggested the Shard to you they are most definitely keepers! We most definitely have a very active role play community here so you will fit right in! Let me know if you want me to ping anyone to help you get started. Writing, drawing, and fantastic ideas sound perfect. Even if you aren't digital yet would still love to see some of your art once you get more comfy!

I can totally feel you on the pianoing (just making up words here don't mind me) to get out of other boring work. And videogames too all the way. Yes life does most definitely have a way of taking us off of these with all these "important activities" though I feel you on the drowning in work. Which games do you play most?

And wow yes so agreed Sanderson is excellent for just bringing you down out of normal life and into something amazing. SO agree on Clone Wars and ATLA as well wow you're liking copying my interests exactly!  :D What did you think of the final Clone Wars season? Personally I feel they should have done a couple more seasons but hopefully the pick that vibe up with The Bad Batch and some more. And yes going back on old shows now is just like ooh the nostalgia lol.

We have a whole bunch of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on here as well so you will fit right in! We look forward to getting to know you as well! Weirdos and geeks make the most interesting people and you are most definitely not alone on here. How would you rate your weirdness on a scale from elephant to flamingo? Most definitely hope you remember your account so we can see you around more! Welcome again!

Probably the video games I play the most are either Battlefront 2, Overwatch, Skyrim, or Jedi: Fallen Order when I have the time. Basically I like video games where I can shoot people or just explore and learn more about the lore about the game and be lost in it, and it's not like I just realized that as soon as I listed the games that I play the most.

Ahhh, the final season of Clone Wars was really good! This is a personal thing, but I didn't much like the Bad Batch arc as much as I did with the other two arcs. I'm not that fond of them, because they all fit into stereotypes of the "figures" that they were based off of (e.g. Wrecker was practically made to be the dim, but strong idiot. I don't mean it in a bad way). Obviously the Siege of Mandalore arc was the best and hit me in the feels because that show has been a part of my childhood since it first started, and just the last scenes when Ahsoka was burying the dead clones and when Vader found the wreck were masterpieces and I love how nothing was said and it still hit the hardest.

Hmmm, leaning most the the flamingo, but it could honestly go either way. It depends on who I am with and what emotional and mental state I am in at the moment; if I'm tired as heck and am in a weird emotional state, then I can go off the charts; if I'm awake and in a good emotional state, then I'll be your normal type of weird.

Oh alrighty tighty yeah those most definitely qualify under the explore and/or shoot people category! :D So sad they stopped doing updates for Battlefront. Honestly game still has a lot of potential left. Fallen Order was pretty solid as well. Def on the explore things side. The sequel on the new consoles should be pretty epic because the current graphics were already pretty dang good. Lol well good to realize that! 

Yes final season was excellent I'm so glad they went back to it. It's a shame it took so long and the Disney acquisition even stopped it in the first place but good they got back to it. Hmm interesting yeah I could see that they all kindof fit into the stereotypes of their character. At the same time tho it's showing clowns who aren't just your normal bread and butter so that was kindof cool. YESS last like 10 minutes were just WOW so agree.

Cool, cool yeah honestly I can lean flamingo some days too and elephant the next I feel. Honestly just embrace it the flamingo however it may be just makes you all the more interesting :P Welcome again and hope you have an excellent time on the Shard!