The Toraiik of Tailzesesh Almor (The mages of the city of scorpions)

Guest Somebody from Scadrial

In a magical world, you are young mages 10-15 who have been selected by the Tests to learn magic, the ancient art of Torai. You will learn these arts in the famed Toraiik Academy. You may come from anywhere on the main continent, your character needs to be approved if it comes from the island. All Toraiik powers will be given randomly but if you want a specific element or elements just ask: Fire, air, water and/or earth.

@Aspiring Writer you need to get into roleplaying and Connie said not to @ her because she is following this section.

Spoiler

Character sheet:

Name:

Elements:

Description:

Backstory:

Other Facts:

If you can't read any parts of the maps just ask and I'll try to tell you.Black and blue mapFull, original map

IMG_20201113_010543.jpg

IMG_20201113_010342.jpg

Edited by Somebody from Sel

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/13/2020 at 10:25 PM, Condensation said:

What are the powers in the elements?

You'll learn them later along (they are kinda discussed in the thread Somebody you're a Torai! That I made in CC)

(Your characters SHOULD not know this)

Fire: Lasers, absorbing heat from explosions (and other types of chemically induced heat), blinding, extreme heat output.

Air: Telekinesis, being able to hold breath longer, sticking things together, turning water into air. (Hah Connie I've got you there!)

Water: Increasing strength, increasing speed (and jumping ability, advanced), increasing senses, healing.

Earth: Creation of objects, creating sound waves, turning things to stone, absorbing impact.

On 11/14/2020 at 9:18 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Hmmm... decisions decisions! Should I join? Yes, yes obviously. Which element(s) should I choose? No idea!

I personally think air and earth are best but then again people with water are essentially immortal when they are submerged. Also I will mention the class schedule 

Monday-Thursday:

Elemental powers session one: 9:00-12:00

Lunch: 12:30-1:30

Elemental powers session two: 2:00-5:00

Friday:

Combat basics: 8:00-9:30

Weapons training: 9:45-11:15

Break: 11:15-12:00

Lunch: 12:00-1:00

History: 1:15-2:45

Distant and theoretical history: 3:00-3:30

Rotating class (different every month)

Also yes Bearer you can join: player sheets in the OP.

On 11/13/2020 at 10:21 PM, Somebody from Sel said:

Elements (be aware that if you have four elements you get one power in each, if you have three elements you get two in each, if you have two you get three in each and if you have only one you get all of them):

Should we just make this 'you get four powers, use them wisely'?

14 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Spoiler

You get four or six. The way classes work is you spend six hours learning so the people with four powers have hour and a half long classes whereas people with six powers have hour long classes

8 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:
  Hide contents

You get four or six. The way classes work is you spend six hours learning so the people with four powers have hour and a half long classes whereas people with six powers have hour long classes

Uh...huh. So if you have less powers, then you study them more and are therefore 'better' at them than the people who have more powers but study them less?

On 14/11/2020 at 0:56 AM, Somebody from Sel said:

You'll learn them later along (they are kinda discussed in the thread Somebody you're a Torai! That I made in CC)

Fire: Lasers, absorbing heat from explosions (and other types of chemically induced heat), blinding, extreme heat output.

Air: Telekinesis, being able to hold breath longer, sticking things together, turning Co² into O.

Water: Increasing strength, increasing speed (and jumping ability, advanced), increasing senses, healing.

Earth: Creation of objects, creating sound waves, turning things to stone, absorbing impact.

That should be Ov2, O as a molecule does not exist. :)

30 minutes ago, Condensation said:

That should be Ov2, O as a molecule does not exist. :)

^ ^ ^

2 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:
  Hide contents

First grammar now science, what am I going to do.

Run away, Scar

Run away, and never come back

Spoiler

And while Connie's more a nazi than I'll ever be, I'm also a grammar cop and science warden.

On 11/15/2020 at 2:35 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Spoiler

Here's my reasoning on this, if you have six powers you will have more after-hours duties (homework) and you're gonna be more stressed, if you have four powers you either have only one element to worry about and are going to be far less stressed or you can use your powers literally whenever. To combat this you get to have to work longer and harder. With full singular elementals being the main ground elementals of the army and the true elementals being the more powerful special forces of the army.

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

^ ^ ^

Run away, Scar

Run away, and never come back

Reveal hidden contents

And while Connie's more a nazi than I'll ever be, I'm also a grammar cop and science warden.

Apparently I'm a Grammar Nazi and everyone else is a Grammar Cop. At least according to my siblings.

Just now, Somebody from Sel said:
  Hide contents

Here's my reasoning on this, if you have six powers you will have more after-hours duties (homework) and you're gonna be more stressed, if you have four powers you either have only one element to worry about and are going to be far less stressed or you can use your powers literally whenever. To combat this you get to have to work longer and harder. With full singular elementals being the main ground elementals of the army and the true elementals being the more powerful special forces of the army.

Stress??? Oooh, goody!!! Six powers it is!

Spoiler

Steven: Young mage and notorious flirt!

Elements:

• Fire :
    • Extreme Heat Output (expect this to turn up in his day-to-day flirting)
    •  Absorbing Heat (expect this to also turn up in his day-to-day flirting)
  • Earth:
    • Creation of Objects
    • Creating Sound Waves (romantic music?)
  • Water:
    • Increasing Speed
    • Increased Senses

Description: Once again, he's quite the flirt, but he's also a clean flirt (because I'm not writing any dirty flirting scenes). He doesn't mind who he flirts with, but do expect the author to be worse off when writing him flirting with other dudes because the author is bad at not-straight character. He hasn't had any tragic backstory stuff, but his life hasn't exactly been easy either. His family was in debt, and being extrovertive was a way of forgetting how much stress they were under. Now that he's been sent to this academy place, he's determined to make things better for his family; and possibly pick up a couple cute girls on his way there.

Other Facts: He won't flirt with you if it's obvious you're really uncomfortable. As extrovertive as he is, though, he's kinda not good at picking up on signals, so he often spends long nights awake wondering if he was hurting somebody while he was talking to them.

7 minutes ago, Condensation said:

6 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

And I'm either a Grammar Jews or a Grammar Criminal

I would steer clear of the Nazi/Jew association before Chaos yeets you guys off the Shard...

8 hours ago, Condensation said:

All right... Would you prefer Cadence, Minuet, or Coda?

Codas are awesome! Go with them.

7 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:
  Hide contents

Something new :) kidding also @Channelknight Fadran the main character and your character's personalities are going to clash as he is a introvert for sure

Cool!

11 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Something new :) kidding also @Channelknight Fadran the main character and your character's personalities are going to clash as he is a introvert for sure

What do you mean new? Like, a musical name that I haven't picked out looks or anything for yet? Or an entirely different name?

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Codas are awesome! Go with them.

Alright, Coda it is.

Couple questions. For Earth, does creation of objects have any more limits than that? Like, do they have to be made of stone? Or can you just make stuff. Also, can you turn things back from stone or is it permanent? For Water, can you heal everyone or just yourself? For Air, can you unstick the things? How long does it last? Can you turn water vapor or ice into air as well? For Fire... actually I don't have anything for Fire. :)

On 14/11/2020 at 0:56 AM, Somebody from Sel said:

Air: Telekinesis, being able to hold breath longer, sticking things together, turning water into air. (Hah Connie I've got you there!)

On 11/14/2020 at 2:54 PM, Somebody from Sel said:

I personally think air and earth are best but then again people with water are essentially immortal when they are submerged. Also I will mention the class schedule 

Monday-Thursday:

Elemental powers session one: 9:00-12:00

Lunch: 12:30-1:30

Elemental powers session two: 2:00-5:00

Friday:

Combat basics: 8:00-9:30

Weapons training: 9:45-11:15

Break: 11:15-12:00

Lunch: 12:00-1:00

History: 1:15-2:45

Distant and theoretical history: 3:00-3:30

Rotating class (different every month)

Wait, are we talking real days here? Probably not, but I just want to check.