Nice to meet ya!

Syl-ly

I think I was introduced to my first Mistborn book in 2012-ish and  ever since then  I've read most of the Cosmere  stuff (I can't work with White Sand)  and am really excited for the  upcoming WOR. I was  really excited when I found out I could purchase and read Dawnshard to help  manage that  last  week before WOR came out  but I read it  in less  than a day.   So I was left with either distracting  myself with other stuff  or give in wholeheartedly to this addiction and join up.   Hey, there are worse things to be addicted to... 

Anyway, I'm really excited  to be a  part of the community and looking forward to meeting and learning  more from all you amazing people! Oh, also, I really appreciate puns, good and bad but never lazy.  

25 minutes ago, Syl-ly said:

I think I was introduced to my first Mistborn book in 2012-ish and  ever since then  I've read most of the Cosmere  stuff (I can't work with White Sand)  and am really excited for the  upcoming WOR. I was  really excited when I found out I could purchase and read Dawnshard to help  manage that  last  week before WOR came out  but I read it  in less  than a day.   So I was left with either distracting  myself with other stuff  or give in wholeheartedly to this addiction and join up.   Hey, there are worse things to be addicted to... 

Welcome to the shard! Have you read the RoW preview chapters that have come out? you can find links to them all here.

4 hours ago, Syl-ly said:

Anyway, I'm really excited  to be a  part of the community and looking forward to meeting and learning  more from all you amazing people! Oh, also, I really appreciate puns, good and bad but never lazy.  

Why can’t you work with white sand? If you don’t like the format, I advise you read the prose, which is way better anyways. The downside there is that none of it is really canon. 

anyway, what would be the most profoundly useless thing you could do as a misting (of any type)?

2 minutes ago, Voidspawn said:

Is it because of it being a graphic novel? If so, there is the prose version...

Anyway, welcome to the Shard!

I’ve tried to stay away from non-canon but I did really enjoy “the silence divine” and I’m sure that’ll be completely different so... maybe?

1 minute ago, Syl-ly said:

I’ve tried to stay away from non-canon but I did really enjoy “the silence divine” and I’m sure that’ll be completely different so... maybe?

I didn't think that Brandon had finished writing The Silence Divine. The Coppermind says that it still isn't released. How did you get ahold of it?

1 minute ago, Voidspawn said:

I didn't think that Brandon had finished writing The Silence Divine. The Coppermind says that it still isn't released. How did you get ahold of it?

I don’t think he had, it was just the little excerpt cause I was just exploring:)

Welcome to the Shard! Syl-ly! Hah! I'm dying rn (no literally the actual dying that was just too punny. Ok now I'm actually dying many apologies :P). I can't believe that wasn't taken good snag!

2012 makes you a long time fan indeed! And yes the RoW hype is reaching all time highs! Dang well, at least Dawnshard got you half a day in there. Maybe try reading again but backwards or upside down to keep the pace lower?? :D But hey, if it got you to come join us all the better I say! What's your favorite series?

Oh and as a step in your full welcomeness we gotta slap you with "you did something wrong" to really make the welcomeness warm fuzzies fit :P. Lol no biggie but mods prefer if you don't double post. You can tap the plus icon next to Quote on multiple peoples posts to quote them all in one mega post!

So happy to have you join the community and look forward to learning from your amazing self as well!

Edited by Scout_Fox

21 hours ago, Scout_Fox said:

Welcome to the Shard! Syl-ly! Hah! I'm dying rn (no literally the actual dying that was just too punny. Ok now I'm actually dying many apologies :P). I can't believe that wasn't taken good snag!

2012 makes you a long time fan indeed! And yes the RoW hype is reaching all time highs! Dang well, at least Dawnshard got you half a day in there. Maybe try reading again but backwards or upside down to keep the pace lower?? :D But hey, if it got you to come join us all the better I say! What's your favorite series?

Oh and as a step in your full welcomeness we gotta slap you with "you did something wrong" to really make the welcomeness warm fuzzies fit :P. Lol no biggie but mods prefer if you don't double post. You can tap the plus icon next to Quote on multiple peoples posts to quote them all in one mega post!

So happy to have you join the community and look forward to learning from your amazing self as well!

IKR, I tried out the name and took it as a sign from Austre that it was time to join. So I really do love warbringer but the stormlight archive is really coming in strong because there’s just so many wonderful rabbit holes in it. And thank you! This is nicest constrictive criticism I’ve ever received!! As for rereading Dawnshard I should rob ably spend some quality time on the real world things I should do for a bit cause I’m gonna wait for thanksgiving before binging ROW. But I did actually consider rereading all the Ryan interludes but if I accidentally finish that while eating breakfast, I’ll see how well I can reread Dawnshard upside down... I wonder if it’s available in other languages.... so what’s your favorite series? And who’s your favorite character from the cosmere?

11 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Ooh! How about pushing a coin that is an inch in front of my hand with steel.

Oh that’s a good one! Is Mistborn your favorite series?

16 hours ago, Syl-ly said:

IKR, I tried out the name and took it as a sign from Austre that it was time to join. So I really do love warbringer but the stormlight archive is really coming in strong because there’s just so many wonderful rabbit holes in it. And thank you! This is nicest constrictive criticism I’ve ever received!! As for rereading Dawnshard I should rob ably spend some quality time on the real world things I should do for a bit cause I’m gonna wait for thanksgiving before binging ROW. But I did actually consider rereading all the Ryan interludes but if I accidentally finish that while eating breakfast, I’ll see how well I can reread Dawnshard upside down... I wonder if it’s available in other languages.... so what’s your favorite series? And who’s your favorite character from the cosmere?

That sounds like the perfect sign to me too! :D I would have to say I agree with that Stormlight favorite! It is just so massive it is absolutely amazing to read. The fact that you have so many characters and sub stories and plots going on all in these massive books in a massive series in an entire universe of other stories is just like WOH :blink:

You're absolutely welcome! It totally makes sense to put in in multiple like a text you just don't really think about it until someone lets you know! I do my best :P Oof yeah I feel on the real world things. Almost wish you could get two days each day, one for Sanderson stuff and one for other life stuff. Like c'mon what's with this! And yes I might follow you on the Thanksgiving timing so I can be sure I have time to read it all at once.

Yes I would be most intrigued to see how you can read it upside down or in other languages! You let me know :P As for favorite Cosmere character I don't think I can choose just one but I would say one of my favorites that we don't see that often is Lirin. He seems really down-to-earth and practical. He doesn't really get drawn into conflicts unless it is really necessary and I think he did a good job of guiding Kaladin to become the person he came to be. Welcome again!