Rhythm of War Online Release Party 11/17/20

JoyBlu

I'll be there - got my swag pack yesterday, so will be wearing All.The.Items. :D Looking forward to e-seeing you @JoyBlu & @aneonfoxtribute!!!

@Frustration - You have to have purchased the book from one of the 10 independent booksellers that Brandon had listed on his site (https://www.brandonsanderson.com/the-rhythm-of-war-release-party-details-swag-bundle/).

I bought from Weller's: since they're closest to Dragonsteel geographically, I felt they'd get the signed copies earlier than the other booksellers, giving them more time to ship to Ohio.

I had such a blast at the Oathbringer release party (in-person); the virtual event will be nice but not the same. Hopefully we can be back to in-person for SA5!

Edited by Iarwainiel

2 hours ago, Iarwainiel said:

I'll be there - got my swag pack yesterday, so will be wearing All.The.Items. :D Looking forward to e-seeing you @JoyBlu & @aneonfoxtribute!!!

@Frustration - You have to have purchased the book from one of the 10 independent booksellers that Brandon had listed on his site (https://www.brandonsanderson.com/the-rhythm-of-war-release-party-details-swag-bundle/).

I bought from Weller's: since they're closest to Dragonsteel geographically, I felt they'd get the signed copies earlier than the other booksellers, giving them more time to ship to Ohio.

I had such a blast at the Oathbringer release party (in-person); the virtual event will be nice but not the same. Hopefully we can be back to in-person for SA5!

Lucky!! I ordered from Weller as well and have not gotten my swag yet. Though I suppose being on the east coast would slow it down. I'm looking forward to the launch party it will be a first for me. I'm hyped up!

I'll be watching it! Unfortunately, no one can come and watch with me, because of some recent Covid restrictions. I am very excited, though. And I don't have school that day, so I'll be right by the front door all day waiting for the book to show up. I just have to finish my WoA reread before then!

So, I have been a little confused on this point. If we preordered it from one of the listed bookstores (I'm getting mine from Weller's as well) are we getting any stuff besides the book? I originally got it thinking it would just be signed and give me access to the launch, but I've seen a few things implying that there would be some extra stuff coming with that.

40 minutes ago, Tesh said:

I'll be watching it! Unfortunately, no one can come and watch with me, because of some recent Covid restrictions. I am very excited, though. And I don't have school that day, so I'll be right by the front door all day waiting for the book to show up. I just have to finish my WoA reread before then!

So, I have been a little confused on this point. If we preordered it from one of the listed bookstores (I'm getting mine from Weller's as well) are we getting any stuff besides the book? I originally got it thinking it would just be signed and give me access to the launch, but I've seen a few things implying that there would be some extra stuff coming with that.

I believe that we are also supposed to get swag from Tor in honor of the release party.

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Lucky!! I ordered from Weller as well and have not gotten my swag yet. Though I suppose being on the east coast would slow it down. I'm looking forward to the launch party it will be a first for me. I'm hyped up!

I’m in the exact same boat :P. Does anyone know if the swag is supposed to arrive for all participants before the release party? 

It’d be super fun to wear everything if it gets here in time.

Edited by Rosharan A.C.

14 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I believe that we are also supposed to get swag from Tor in honor of the release party.

Nice! That definitely makes it worth the money! 

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I'm looking forward to the launch party it will be a first for me.

It'll be my first release party as well. I'm about ten hours away from Utah. Plus, I was really new to everything when Oathbringer first came out. But hopefully I'll be going to BYU at the time of the next Stormlight release!

1 hour ago, Tesh said:

Nice! That definitely makes it worth the money! 

It'll be my first release party as well. I'm about ten hours away from Utah. Plus, I was really new to everything when Oathbringer first came out. But hopefully I'll be going to BYU at the time of the next Stormlight release!

Honestly, for the money even a simple inscribed, signed, and numbered copy would have been enough for me. The swag and release party ticket are icing as far as I'm concerned.

Perhaps you'll even end up in Brandon's creative writing class!

Edited by Nathrangking

Just now, Nathrangking said:

Honestly, for the money even a simple inscribed, signed, and signed copy would have been enough for me. The swag and release party ticket are icing as far as I'm concerned.

I agree. I just though of the shipping as the price for the ticket and the book being signed. I didn't even know that there would be swag of any sort when I got it.

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Perhaps you'll even end up in Brandon's creative writing class!

Fingers crossed! I've been watching his lectures for years, and they're fantastic. So we'll see what happens! Hopefully he's still teaching them at that point.

On 11/13/2020 at 11:48 AM, Rosharan A.C. said:

I’m in the exact same boat :P. Does anyone know if the swag is supposed to arrive for all participants before the release party? 

I ordered “extra” swag directly from Dragonsteel because it was really important to me that I get a Willshaper pin for my collection. The swag from Dragonsteel that I paid extra for is what I received already. I already posted the photo of the pins but I’ll post it here again. I just love the vibrant colors! I’m assuming that @Iarwainiel ordered the same swag I did.

Here is the other stuff I had to order to get the pin.

T-Shirt. Lanyard. (Photos of both sides) Wristband. (My daughter, who has also applied to BYU for next year @Tesh is modeling the wristband in the photo) 

@Nathrangking @Rosharan @Aragorn @Fezzik @aneonfoxtribute — I’m guessing that the swag from Tor will be the lanyard, bracelet/wristband and I really hope another epic bookmark. Something to keep the Heralds or Unmade straight. I use my Oathbringer map of Roshar bookmark all the time. 

Does anyone know if there will be a live chat on You-Tube or somewhere else during the release? Those were fun during the Kickstarter signings. 

7AAD0B33-D6A8-4610-8C39-ECDEA06B01AC.jpeg

C70FBA7D-8593-47CE-8969-B31732ED6F98.jpeg

9CAD0B85-4140-4372-871D-D996EF908AA1.jpeg

37D86C9B-B8BA-422C-BA16-B477E77A3875.jpeg

5B223C7B-C158-4509-86CC-0743DAC38826.jpeg

Edited by JoyBlu

On 11/14/2020 at 2:25 PM, Mist said:

I believe the swag from Tor is with the book. There was an epic bookmark and what looked like a sticker in the books I was packaging at BYU for shipping on Thursday.

This is good to know. Thanks for the information! I’m really looking forward to the bookmark. Do you remember what was on the bookmark?

I just got it as well! Super excited. I may or may not be inviting @Truthless of Shinovar over so we can watch it together :ph34r:.

1 hour ago, PrincessPeach said:

Would I be able to watch it afterward or can it only be watched live?

I suppose it’s possible they’ll record it for afterward, but my guess is that it’s just a live event. I don’t know for sure though; someone else may have a better answer.

Just got mine too, so excited! ! 

Toot toot! 

I've never watched a livestream before, do you just have to be logged into your Gmail account to ask questions? 

I did some research, but I definitely want to make sure I can ask some signing line type questions. 

28 minutes ago, Rosharan A.C. said:

I just got it as well! Super excited. I may or may not be inviting @Truthless of Shinovar over so we can watch it together :ph34r:.

Woo-hoo! I love having a cousin who thinks ahead enough to preorder a book from a bookstore that’s selling tickets to the event as well instead jumping the gun and preordering from a different book distributor!