Rysn's arc

CosmereComrade

I really enjoyed Rysn's development in this book. I know she doesn't get a really big arc, but still I think it was pretty cool.

The thing I appreciated the most was Brandon writing ways in which characters are really important and accomplish great things whithout having to be super powerfull fighters. Usually in fantasy we see the spotlight taken by great warrior heroes, fighters, rogues...

In this book we got to see Rysn saving the day by being really intelligent and demonstrating a great level of empathy and understanding. Neither a big fight for climax, nor great explosions of power which would make the problems go away... Narratively, a great way to keep the sleepless as big of a thread as they are (if you have them against you), and making a damn good resolution on the end!

I would like to hear your opinions on this same topic, since it was what I most enjoyed from the novella (well, also getting to know more about dawnshards and the shattering, of course, but there will be enough discussions on these matters anyway)