Coup (the game)

Chasmgoat

2 hours ago, The Windrunner Supreme said:

Just always tax and you win:D. Ive only played with 4-5 players at most, so this should be fun

not necessarily, I have seen people win with only contessa's. taxing also makes you a huge target, but taxing is really nice.

--

Last Chance to sign up!
@Condensation you have not replied yes or no, so I assume that you did not see this... Are you wanting to play?

The game will probably start tomorrow morning depending on when I get the PM's and background stuff running.

Thank you,

whysper, it is not too late!

okay everyone, just some information before we begin,

everyone starts with 2 coins

there are now 4 cards of each type in the deck since we now have 7 players.

and just a couple of little reminders,

Remember to post the number of cards you have left and the number of coins. I will probably do updates showing everyone's status such as # of remaining cards and coins.

remember the formatting!

Pm's have been sent!

I just remembered a new rule I forgot to add. Before all actions or blocks please add in bold "as [insert role here]" this is to show what you are claiming to be and makes the game smoother. Also, when doing a challenge, say, in bold, "I challenge your ____".

I hope this works out well!

let the game begin!

@Shard of Reading your turn!

Edited by Chasmgoat

So, foreign exchange is not challengable. It is blockable by a Duke but you can not challenge foreign exchange since they do not claim a role. Also, anyone can challenge.
Any duke can also block foreign exchange. Only the victim of an assassination can block it though. (although, anyone can challenge either assassin or contessa). I hope that is clear. It is too late to challenge after someone goes. I am going to say that if you think a move was suspicious or anything, you can wait to see if anyone challenges.

1 minute ago, Whysper said:

Okay, then.

As Duke, I block your Foreign Exchange.

Cards: 2

Coins: 2

It's not your action, so you don't have to put your number of cards and coins down.

Edit: But I don't challenge your duke, so my foreign exchange was blocked

Cards: 2

Edited by Shard of Reading

1 minute ago, Shard of Reading said:

It's not your action, so you don't have to put your number of cards and coins down.

Ahh okay. How about the green then? Not needed for blocking?

Oh, but it does say to do the coins and cards for challenges, so blocking is somewhat like that, right?

Edited by Whysper

2 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

I think I originally had it so you had to post that if you are blocking but I think it makes more sense to just do it in actions/challenges

Edit: I would put blocking in green.

Edited by Chasmgoat

Just now, Shard of Reading said:

You can challenge anyone at anytime, so what I did was fine. (I think that's what you're trying to say.)

Well, I didn't get around to blocking you before Hentient started his turn, so I think yours goes through. But I am blocking Hentient's foreign exchange now before the next player goes.

1 minute ago, Whysper said:

Well, I didn't get around to blocking you before Hentient started his turn, so I think yours goes through. But I am blocking Hentient's foreign exchange now before the next player goes.

Ahh... Okay @Hentient you kind of need to respond to this

Actual number of coins: (I'm right this time): 4

mmmmm sorry! 

21 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Her turn* :)

My Foreign Exchange was blocked. I do not challenge @Whyspers Duke. 

Cards:2

@HoidWasTaken your turn!