Coup (the game)

Chasmgoat

Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

I block with my Captain 

Just do income, it's a guaranteed coin, and I still don't know if your vulnerable to stealing (Which you actually may, I think you have an assassin, why else would one coin be so important, hmmm?)

I challenge your Captain.

Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

*sigh* So close. I had a Duke. You couldn't give me the courtesy of killing you, could you?

Haha, no. :) I'm not going down without a fight. :) I knew you didn't have a Captain or Ambassador because I've checked all the cards in the deck. I just needed that last verification that Hentient did have the other Captain remaining. :)

Anyway, nice game! It was certainly nerve-racking. :)

I know that Hentient was trying to look less threatening at the end there with not stealing and also the foreign aid. That's what I was doing as well. Haha. I needed to keep below 3 coins so you wouldn't worry about assassination. :) 

20 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Haha, no. :) I'm not going down without a fight. :) I knew you didn't have a Captain or Ambassador because I've checked all the cards in the deck. I just needed that last verification that Hentient did have the other Captain remaining. :)

Anyway, nice game! It was certainly nerve-racking. :)

I know that Hentient was trying to look less threatening at the end there with not stealing and also the foreign aid. That's what I was doing as well. Haha. I needed to keep below 3 coins so you wouldn't worry about assassination. :) 

Yeah. Funny thing, I realized a very nice move you can do, because I never used n=cintessa, nobody knew what my other card was, so I lied about ambassador and used to get the took. i replaced my captain rather than my contessa because you had all accepted I had a captain and wouldn't challenge, giving me the power of three cards, and that confusion helped me very late in game, giving me the power of two cards rather than one. Lying about ambassador gives you a lot of power compared t any other card.

5 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Lying about ambassador gives you a lot of power compared t any other card.

Yeah, definitely. The info and the possibility to switch is very valuable. And pretty much no one bothers to challenge the exchange because it doesn't seem worth the risk. :) 

Good Game! Congratulations whysper!

Now that the game is over, I can say something I couldn't say earlier or else I may of given somebody a hint to other cards...

Everyone is duke. This happens in a lot of games I have played where everyone claims duke first round... Pretty funny

1 minute ago, Chasmgoat said:

Everyone is duke. This happens in a lot of games I have played where everyone claims duke first round... Pretty funny

Ahhh yes, it's always a great time to claim at the beginning. Risky to challenge it and possibly lose a card and then be crippled the rest of the game or even eliminated right away. Though it was interesting one person actually challenged correctly early on.

Just now, Whysper said:

Ahhh yes, it's always a great time to claim at the beginning. Risky to challenge it and possibly lose a card and then be crippled the rest of the game or even eliminated right away. Though it was interesting one person actually challenged correctly early on.

when does your game start now that this one is over?

also, do you want a trophy or something?

4 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

when does your game start now that this one is over?

also, do you want a trophy or something?

I need to work on some stuff right now. I also want to finish up putting rules into the thread. I'll probably rand the game and start it in about 5-6 hours from now. Probably most people will be asleep, but people can see what they have in the morning and maybe things can slowly start up.

And no, that's fine. No trophy needed. Haha, but thanks for asking. :) Though if we do end up continuing Coup games, maybe we'll want to start a thread with a history of winners for each game.