Hello there!

ThreadyBowl

Hi everyone^_^

I’ve been a reader of Brandon’s work since 2015 where I started with The Final Empire after hearing so many good things about it on r/fantasy on Reddit. I immediately tumbled down the rabbit hole that is the Cosmere of which I have been deeply invested in ever since!

I’m super excited for RoW as I’m sure you all are too and have booked next week off work in anticipation! 

Currently rereading Oathbringer (at 70%) and hoping to move onto Dawnshard by the weekend! 

Anyway, hope you are all well and glad I finally made a members account instead of lurking in the shadows:ph34r::D

Hi, there! I'm also new to the forum (since a few days ago).

¿Have you read, or are you reading, Dawnshard? I'm currently half-way through, probably I'm going to finish it tomorrow.

Also, here goes a weird question: ¿Who would you hire as your cook? You can choose any character from the cosmere, BUT they can only cook stuff from their planet. (So, rock can only cook weird crabs and stuff)

9 minutes ago, CosmereComrade said:

¿Have you read, or are you reading, Dawnshard? I'm currently half-way through, probably I'm going to finish it tomorrow.

Also, here goes a weird question: ¿Who would you hire as your cook? You can choose any character from the cosmere, BUT they can only cook stuff from their planet. (So, rock can only cook weird crabs and stuff)

Welcome! No i’m yet to start Dawnshard as I am just finishing up my reread of OB before diving into it. I can’t wait to start it though^_^

and to tell the truth, I’ve always be intrigued by what Chouta tastes like. So I guess I’d have to go for everyones favourite Herdazian Lopen... or at least his mother or one of his cousins:lol:

Hello There General Kenobi GIF - HelloThere GeneralKenobi StarWars -  Discover & Share GIFs

Welcome to the Shard ThreadyBowl! Amazing to have you come join us! Dang so awesome you decided to check it out, Reddit sure can be pretty amazing sometimes. And I can definitely feel you on the tumbling down the rabbit hole! Haven't found a way out but honestly not complaining :P

Booking next week off for RoW sounds perfect! Any chance I could come over and join? :D Sounds like you are right on track to finish up OB and Dawnshard in time! Sneaking in just under the wire I like your style! 

Which has been your favorite series so far? And what a great question @CosmereComrade! I definitely agree Thready, Chouta would be an interesting food to taste. Glad to have you upgraded from lurker and look forward to seeing you around!

Edited by Scout_Fox

Welcome out of the shadows and into the light!

4 hours ago, ThreadyBowl said:

and to tell the truth, I’ve always be intrigued by what Chouta tastes like. So I guess I’d have to go for everyones favourite Herdazian Lopen... or at least his mother or one of his cousins:lol:

Brandon is on record saying that the Herdazians are generally inspired by Latinos, and that Chouta is pretty similar to Mexican street food. The description we get in the book seems to be for tacos, so definitely a solid choice!

52 minutes ago, Scout_Fox said:

Hello There General Kenobi GIF - HelloThere GeneralKenobi StarWars -  Discover & Share GIFs

Well now I feel cheated. Not three days ago I lead with the exact same greeting as @ThreadyBowl, but do I get pretty gif in response? Nooooo. All I get from the indomitable @Scout_Fox is a silly joke about a Dragon that lost it's arrr. The favoritism on display is shocking!

@CosmereComrade I see you trying to beat @Koloss17 at his own game, lol

4 hours ago, CosmereComrade said:

-__- I have my eye on you. Smart question, fine if you try to steal my thunder, but if you get popular enough on the shard, our battle will be legendary!

Also, @ThreadyBowl, Glad to have a quick reader! If you were to make something in the sandoverse take exactly one week, what would you pick?

Edited by Koloss17

1 hour ago, Daggon Forescout said:

Well now I feel cheated. Not three days ago I lead with the exact same greeting as @ThreadyBowl, but do I get pretty gif in response? Nooooo. All I get from the indomitable @Scout_Fox is a silly joke about a Dragon that lost it's arrr. The favoritism on display is shocking!

Ahhhh! You're telling me I missed one??? I always get my Hello Theres with a gif there's no way I missed one. I have to check this at once! :D

Edit: I did miss one!! The most sincere apologies to @Daggon Forescout for such an egregious error. I think I might have to give up and retire here :P The welcome has been corrected at once to include a proper General Kenobi!

And @Koloss17 I think Daggon's right @CosmereComrade is giving you some competition! :P

Edited by Scout_Fox

17 hours ago, I Am A Fish said:

Hello, and Welcome to the Shard!

Who's your favorite Sanderson character?

@I Am A Fish Honesty I don’t have a favourite, there’s so many I love for different reasons. I definitely have a least favourite though... This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules Moash. *edit: whoops, sorry haha*

17 hours ago, Scout_Fox said:

Welcome to the Shard ThreadyBowl! Amazing to have you come join us! Dang so awesome you decided to check it out, Reddit sure can be pretty amazing sometimes. And I can definitely feel you on the tumbling down the rabbit hole! Haven't found a way out but honestly not complaining :P

Booking next week off for RoW sounds perfect! Any chance I could come over and join? :D Sounds like you are right on track to finish up OB and Dawnshard in time! Sneaking in just under the wire I like your style! 

Which has been your favorite series so far? And what a great question @CosmereComrade! I definitely agree Thready, Chouta would be an interesting food to taste. Glad to have you upgraded from lurker and look forward to seeing you around!

Thank you @Scout_Fox! Yeah I’ve had some great recommendations from people over on Reddit over the years. WoT is something I want to get my teeth into soon, and not just because of the Sanderson link!

Stormlight is definitely my favourite overall, I just love the scope and epicness of it. However, I also really love the Wax & Wayne Mistborn era. Some of my favourite characters and the setting really surprised me at first how much I liked it and hadn’t read anything quite like it. 

And @Koloss17 sorry I’m a bit slow thinking today and didn’t fully understand your question? Would you mind elaborating for me:)

14 hours ago, Honorless said:

Welcome to the Shard! I see you've requested Aether of Night already, now go to Brandon's site and subscribe to the newsletter to get White Sand prose as well!

Thank you @Honorless, yeah I stumbled upon the knowledge of Aether of Night after reading

Spoiler

a certain interlude chapter in OB regarding a substance found on a certain characters trousers

Was surprised I’d not heard about it up to that point!

I have been a newsletter subscriber for a while and have already read the prose but thank you! 

Edited by ThreadyBowl
Added spoiler cover just incase and responded to a certain phrase being removed haha

6 hours ago, ThreadyBowl said:

Thank you @Scout_Fox! Yeah I’ve had some great recommendations from people over on Reddit over the years. WoT is something I want to get my teeth into soon, and not just because of the Sanderson link!

Stormlight is definitely my favourite overall, I just love the scope and epicness of it. However, I also really love the Wax & Wayne Mistborn era. Some of my favourite characters and the setting really surprised me at first how much I liked it and hadn’t read anything quite like it. 

Absolutely! That's great you've gotten good recs from it. It's awesome when you find something you just completely love off someones suggestion :D Ooh cool yeah honestly me too. Been thinking about it fora while just haven't quite gotten the time yet.

Ok and so agree of the Stormlight favorite. Literally for the exact same reasons too. "The scope and epicness" is I think the best description I've seen so far literally would describe it the same way :P Ooh and yeah the Wax & Wayne era as well nice! Welcome again!