Random Kaladin Thought

Spren of Kindness

So, I've been thinking about Kaladin a lot, especially since I've been drawing him in art class a few times, and came up with something whilst working.  

So, we all know that Kaladin's brands don't heal because he considers them part of himself/true. 

AhoyMatey (paraphrased)

Why didn’t Kaladin’s brand heal if Lopen can regrow an arm?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

It comes down to how one views oneself. It is the answer that you think it is. So really what that’s saying is Kaladin sees himself as branded.

Words of Radiance Seattle signing (March 8, 2014)

I was thinking about that, and how I hope one day they heal, (and also about how on earth the shash brand didn't get infected, but that's for another day) and I thought 'what if they heal separately?'  Maybe his sas nahn brand will heal, but the shash won't, if he stops seeing himself as a slave, but still sees himself as dangerous.  Maybe the other way around, but I'm not thinking about that because there's only sadness down that path.

Just a little thought I had that I thought some of y'all might find interesting.

30 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

So, I've been thinking about Kaladin a lot, especially since I've been drawing him in art class a few times, and came up with something whilst working.  

So, we all know that Kaladin's brands don't heal because he considers them part of himself/true. 

I was thinking about that, and how I hope one day they heal, (and also about how on earth the shash brand didn't get infected, but that's for another day) and I thought 'what if they heal separately?'  Maybe his sas nahn brand will heal, but the shash won't, if he stops seeing himself as a slave, but still sees himself as dangerous.  Maybe the other way around, but I'm not thinking about that because there's only sadness down that path.

Just a little thought I had that I thought some of y'all might find interesting.

That would certainly be interesting. 

8 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Very interesting. I have always wondered about this. Huh. I guess that makes sense. Yeah, that definitely would be cool. 

8 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

I've always hoped that they would heal and personally I think that the only time that would happen is when he says the 5th oath.

6 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

I've always hoped that they would heal and personally I think that the only time that would happen is when he says the 5th oath.

Yes, this also makes a lot of sense. When the Windrunner becomes the right.