Which Shard would you pick?

CosmereComrade

Of the shards we know of, I'd genuinely take Honor. I know to a lot of people that seems like a weird choice because of how bound Honor is to rules and promises, but I'd argue that my mind kind of works like that anyway, and I think I would become a better person in general with the honor shard.

23 minutes ago, officiallyaninja said:

I probably wouldn't unless I absolutely HAD to. None of the shards seem OK and I don't think I'd slowly want to be taken over by my Shard's intent. but assuming I was forced into it, I'd probably pick one related to knowledge or learning.

The trick to that is to pick one that doesn't change your personality much or one that fits your personality pretty well, like ambition.

17 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

The trick to that is to pick one that doesn't change your personality much or one that fits your personality pretty well, like ambition.

ehhhh, i feel like any human's personality comes down to mare than One Single Intent. I'm pretty sure all the shards will change your own intents until you basically become the shard, and the shards intents are too simple and one dimensional to match up with anyone.

1 hour ago, officiallyaninja said:

and the shards intents are too simple and one dimensional to match up with anyone.

The intents are more flexible than you seem to think and we know that the Vessel can influence how they get expressed, so if you pick a Shard that's a good match for your personality you aren't going to be twisted by it, or not nearly as much. Bear in mind that the names are not the intents, they're what the Shard feels best matches the impression they get and are open to a degree of interpretation. Brandon goes into some detail here.

The personality being overridden by the Shard depends on the person and Sazed and at least one other Vessel are doing quite well due to their comparability with their Shard(s). If we had to pick one, Rayse would be the obvious choice since Brandon has said that he's very well-aligned with Odium but nothing says he has to be the only one.